NFL Report Cards Out

kidhawk

Reaction score
I saw this somewhere yesterday, and I read that we were weakest when it came to travel, and that where most teams fly players first class all the time, we only do so after wins. I have no idea if that's verifiable or not but I thought it was hilarious.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I saw this somewhere yesterday, and I read that we were weakest when it came to travel, and that where most teams fly players first class all the time, we only do so after wins. I have no idea if that's verifiable or not but I thought it was hilarious.

Unless your whole team plane is retrofitted as first class, not every player can sit first class.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Unless your whole team plane is retrofitted as first class, not every player can sit first class.

I don't know what deal they have with Delta (I believe that's the current airline they are flying for road games). I just am going by what the report says which is supposed to be a survey of players. I just assume they know better than I.

72% of players feel like they have enough room to spread out​

• No roommates
  • No first class seats (only after some road victories)
  • One of only seven teams that do not offer first-class seats to players
  • Seahawks almost always rank high in miles traveled for games during the season

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I dont Think the first class seat question belongs in there at all. Its always going to be divisive in that some vets Will get the privilege and others won’t.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hawks don't have a team plane anymore. They charter every flight.

No charter has 100 percent first class tho. Allocating the Player seats is always going to be unnecessarily problematic.

Its mostly going to be coaches up there anyway. Awkward, and by nfl rules, you can’t get a beer as a social lubricant.

Last edited:

GGotskill

Reaction score
I think they do through sponsorship with Alaskan Airlines actually

From a couple of years ago:

"The Airbus A330 the team charters has 18 first-class seats, so the 18 players with the most years in the league get first dibs after road wins."

I believe the Alaska Airlines sponsorship was only during the Superbowl year(s).

Paul Allen used to have a personal jet that the team flew on, a number of years ago, but he sold it and they have (usually) chartered flights ever since.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Oh, so they make the coach and gm sit back in economy? That’s the only way it could work.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If athletes require first class seats to play their best, then the human race itself is definitely running into major problems.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If athletes require first class seats to play their best, then the human race itself is definitely running into major problems.
They are, by and large, very big men. If those seat dimensions are standard economy, it could be pretty uncomfortable on long flights. I'm not a big man, and I get very sore after more than an hour or so--granted, my body is pretty broken down. But still.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I mean, are these like 9 hour flights or something? No ability to stand up and stretch? Are they flying there the same day as the game?
I dunno..

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I guess my initial feeling is that if coach is affecting a player's performance, it's more likely mental than physical. If somebody can show me some science that shows why riding in coach would physically impede a player's performance a couple days later during a game, then I'm willing to change my view.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They are, by and large, very big men. If those seat dimensions are standard economy, it could be pretty uncomfortable on long flights. I'm not a big man, and I get very sore after more than an hour or so--granted, my body is pretty broken down. But still.

This is a 6’1” 185 player Sitting in what I speculate is some kinda exit row deal.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I guess my initial feeling is that if coach is affecting a player's performance, it's more likely mental than physical. If somebody can show me some science that shows why riding in coach would physically impede a player's performance a couple days later during a game, then I'm willing to change my view.
Sounds like it's more about adding incentive to winning their road games than how it impacts physical performance/recovery, but im also not 6'6" 330 lbs. I'm sure I'd see a physical benefit in sitting in first class if I was at a nfl size.