Cards/Viks Game

Polaris

Reaction score
Nope ringless, Seattle only needs THREE net from the Cowboys/Stealers. If SoV it tied, the next tiebreak is SoS and Seattle wins that tiebreak easily over the Cards thanks to Carolina's monster year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1pltoubl said:
Rob12":1pltoubl said:
seahawkfreak":1pltoubl said:
Hawk-Lock":1pltoubl said:
Optimistic Hawk fans were obviously rooting for Minnesota. They were hoping Arizona would lose today, then drop a game to either Philly or GB, and then lose to us in week 17. The chances of that have got to be under 10%. If Arizona lost this game, I think there is a much greater chance we end up as the #6 seed than NFC West champs. If Minny won, I think about an 80% chance we are the #6 seed.

Realists (pessimists?) were rooting for Arizona. An Arizona win tonight almost guarantees us the #5 seed and a favorable first round matchup against the NFC East winner. A Minnesota win would have likely resulted in us being the #6 seed and having to play in Lambeau.

AZ just wasn't going to go 1-3 in their final 4 games. As much as we'd like them to, it wasn't going to happen.

I'll happily take the #5 seed :D

Stop with your " realist" bullcrap. People who say that are basically saying ' I'm the reasonable person here, whatever your saying is basically a pipe dream', discounting the argument from the start.There was a decent possibility that Arizona could have lost the next 2 out of 3. I'm guessing you don't think we win in Arizona do you? Cause the train that thinks we can wanted Arizona to lose tonight. In the playoffs, only seeds that matter are the number 1 and 2. The rest really mean dick.

Just stop.

12's need to realize that the NFC West isn't ours this year. The Cardinals have a healthy Palmer, and he has a plethora of weapons. They were NEVER going to lose out. That's not a lack of faith in the Seahawks. But with the Cardinals' remaining schedule, two wins nets them the division. The Vikings losing goes a very long way in us securing the No. 5 seed and traveling to Washington, New York, Dallas, or Philly. That's about the best case scenario you can ask for if you're a Seahawks fan.

This isn't the same Cardinals team that was running out Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley. Carson Palmer is easily one of the top 5-7 QB's in the league and might be the MVP of the league. They were never losing out. They were never giving up the division. And that's our fault, due to all the fourth quarter meltdowns.

And we absolutely win in Arizona. But they still finish with a minimum of 12 wins. Accept reality.

This guy gets it.

You both know the Cardinals almost lost last night right? I am by know means a Pollyanna. You root for the best scenario till its gone.

You guys do not what know what's going to happen. It's not like we need 3 teams to lose out and we need to win 4 in a row to make the playoffs. Before we played Pittsburgh a "Realist" would have said that we were going to go 8-8 or 9-7 ( if we are lucky). Many here did. Get it? So stop with the with the god's gift of what's going to happen.

ringless

Reaction score
Im not going to put too much stock into a game in which it was the second game played in 5 days. Thursday night games have strange things happen.

It's not like the Cardinals are a crap team all of a sudden. We just spanked the Rams 4 days prior to that. That would be like saying we won by 25 points against Detroit and Seattle only won because of a questionable call so Seattle doesnt stand a chance in the playoffs.

It's called recency bias. What you guys are feeling right now. We are still a team that can score on anybody from anywhere at any time. It's why we hung 39 on Seattle, and 30 plus on Cinci the week after against the #1, and #2 defenses. That counts for something. So does an 11-2 record.

Seattle isn't perfect themselves. They are 7-5. Clearly they are beatable, and just because the've played good a few weeks in a row doesn't guarantee success the Sunday that follows. Upsets happen every single week. You guys have a lot of past success, but it doesn't correlate into future necessarily. Why play bad the first part of the season and then play good the last part just to get a WC spot?

You guys beat the Steelers because they gifted it to you. Tomlin made some poor choices, a WR fell down on a route etc. They still put up almost 600 yds of offense. That's not a great sign (Not all Cary Williams fault either)

Not too long ago you guys barely beat a team led by Matt Cassel 13-12.
Barely beat Detroit on a mistake by Calvin Johnson.
Just like we struggled against the Vikings on a short week. Struggled against the 49ers. Thats the NFL. Some weeks are good, some weeks aren't great. Point is there isn't a team in the league that's invincible.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
ringless":2js6z81l said:
Im not going to put too much stock into a game in which it was the second game played in 5 days. Thursday night games have strange things happen.

It's not like the Cardinals are a crap team all of a sudden. We just spanked the Rams 4 days prior to that. That would be like saying we won by 25 points against Detroit and Seattle only won because of a questionable call so Seattle doesnt stand a chance in the playoffs.

It's called recency bias. What you guys are feeling right now. We are still a team that can score on anybody from anywhere at any time. It's why we hung 39 on Seattle, and 30 plus on Cinci the week after against the #1, and #2 defenses. That counts for something. So does an 11-2 record.

Seattle isn't perfect themselves. They are 7-5. Clearly they are beatable, and just because the've played good a few weeks in a row doesn't guarantee success the Sunday that follows. Upsets happen every single week. You guys have a lot of past success, but it doesn't correlate into future necessarily. Why play bad the first part of the season and then play good the last part just to get a WC spot?

You guys beat the Steelers because they gifted it to you. Tomlin made some poor choices, a WR fell down on a route etc. They still put up almost 600 yds of offense. That's not a great sign (Not all Cary Williams fault either)

Just like we struggled against the Vikings on a short week. Struggled against the 49ers. Thats the NFL. Some weeks are good, some weeks aren't great. Point is there isn't a team in the league that's invincible.

Well said.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":1datvabk said:

Ah, we were gifted the game against PIT. Gotcha. Thanks Ringless, I wasn't sure how to feel about that game but you've cleared it all up for me.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Ringless we were gifted that game against the Stealers ok. You have been gifted a couple by the refs and one by a dumb decision to take a sack. You posting style has become more and more abrasive as the cards win, when they get bounced out of the playoffs maybe normalcy will return sure hope so, You have been one of the enemy posters I respect.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
homerun1970":r76e2aya said:
Ringless we were gifted that game against the Stealers ok. You have been gifted a couple by the refs and one by a dumb decision to take a sack. You posting style has become more and more abrasive as the cards win, when they get bounced out of the playoffs maybe normalcy will return sure hope so, You have been one of the enemy posters I respect.

They were gifted the Seahawks game. That game was essential too because it you just reverse the outcome of that game we control our own divisional destiny. They would be 10-3 and we would be 8-4.

Our first 4 drives were affected by either holding or the bogus facemask. The first drive where they didn't call a penalty on us we scored a TD.

Then on defense, four 3rd and long automatic first down penalties were called on the Seahawks. This included the illegal contact on Wagner in the 4th that gave them a first down on 3rd and 10.

14 penalties called on us at home and they still had trouble beating us.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":mpnkbmcn said:

Aha your posts are starting to get more and more frantic by the hour.......:) Gifted wins? Yelling about scoring 39 points? lol. Lets clear a few things up that you already know:

The Seahawks are 7-5 because they couldnt close out games early in the year, for a variety of reasons.

This team is still the most talented team in the NFC. That part was never in question.

It was just a matter of getting it clicking again. Now that it is, we see 400 word posts from our NFC foes trying like mad to downplay what they know in their heart is inevitable.

You even said yourself you dont want any part of Seattle in the playoffs. We see through the false bravado you are trying to spin today now that the last few weeks are starting to make it all too real.

Cards fans were praying that Seattle would stay struggling. The reality is starting to dawn on you and you dont like it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Don't know if our resident AZ fans listen to 98.7 down here in the Valley, but Burns and Gambo (the afternoon guys) had an interesting segment today....

Wanted to know if Cards fans would rather Seattle beat Carolina and host Seattle for the NFC championship.....or Carolina win and have to travel to play the Panthers.

They both wanted Carolina, although they did debate it for a bit and said they would revisit the topic in a week or two.

Guess that goes against the narrative that Seattle is just some 7-5 team huh? Rather play on the road against an undefeated Carolina than at home against Seattle.

But no worries about Seattle, right?

:)

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3rgbwpil said:
Don't know if our resident AZ fans listen to 98.7 down here in the Valley, but Burns and Gambo (the afternoon guys) had an interesting segment today....

Wanted to know if Cards fans would rather Seattle beat Carolina and host Seattle for the NFC championship.....or Carolina win and have to travel to play the Panthers.

They both wanted Carolina, although they did debate it for a bit and said they would revisit the topic in a week or two.

Guess that goes against the narrative that Seattle is just some 7-5 team huh? Rather play on the road against an undefeated Carolina than at home against Seattle.

Lol, why do you want us to be worried/feared about you so bad?

mikeak

Reaction score
I said it before but if week 17 win / loss means WC / no WC for Seattle then Arizona will put their best team on the field regardless of it being meaningless to them

Arizona can beat every team in the NFC but I think their least favored opponent is Seattle

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":2wxe8cbw said:
Hawkpower":2wxe8cbw said:

Lol, why do you want us to be worried/feared about you so bad?

LOL probably the same reason you are trying so hard to pretend that you aren't :)

Just good-natured banter, although the text you quoted here was more about an interesting scenario question more than anything else.

ringless

Reaction score
homerun1970":3siqtsa0 said:

I don't actually feel that way about that game, however I hear that logic all the time about the Cardinals. If the Seahawks beat the Vikings in the same manner everyone would be raving about how their defense made a play when it mattered the most. But because it wasn't the Seahawks it's a gift. That's where my frustration stems from

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":z6kp71ux said:
homerun1970":z6kp71ux said:

I don't actually feel that way about that game, however I hear that logic all the time about the Cardinals. If the Seahawks beat the Vikings in the same manner everyone would be raving about how their defense made a play when it mattered the most. But because it wasn't the Seahawks it's a gift. That's where my frustration stems from

Did Seahawk fans claim that last nights game was a Cards gift from the referees?

I didn't see that narrative anywhere. What do you mean?