Cards/Viks Game

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":38ws7637 said:
Hah I'm getting a lot of crap for that comment, and it's understandable.

But if Minnesota did win this game, I think there is a great chance we end up as the #6 seed. I'd say about an 85% chance we end up as the #6 seed. I'll play it safe. This Minnesota loss pretty much guarantees us the #5 seed which looks very favorable.

Fair...I think it was a win-win scenario for Seattle...in the end the Mn loss directly improves our playoff chances

Barakas

Reaction score
Chapow":20bgw5cz said:
Cyrus12":20bgw5cz said:
Cards NFC West Champs...

Congrats Hawk-Lock, looks like you got your wish. No chance for the division now.

Technically not true. Very very very very low probability but there's still a mathematical chance :)

Just need them to lose their remaining games, we win our remaining games. Then we root for the Cowboys and the Stealers to win games, and for the Saints and the Bengals to lose games so we can catch them on Strength of Victory.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1nc701y4 said:

But if Minnesota did win this game, I think there is a great chance we end up as the #6 seed. I'd say about an 85% chance we end up as the #6 seed. I'll play it safe. This Minnesota loss pretty much guarantees us the #5 seed which looks very favorable.

I agree with you to an extent.

Considering we lose tiebreakers to Tampa, we didnt really want Minnesota in front of us. Better to bring them down into the scrum with us.

While this loss essentially ends our hopes of the division title, it GREATLY improves our overall playoff chances.

I will take it.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1dbjhgiv said:

So you'd rather not have a chance to win the division based on what you think might happen 4 weeks from now?

Anyway, you got what you wanted, so congrats.

ringless

Reaction score
I think this was the best result for Seattle realistically. Pretty much means you get the 5th seed and a bye week against the NFC East.

Seattle might not win against GB in Sub-zero temperatures otherwise. And A-Rod can still do a lot at home.

marko358

Reaction score
Thoroughly unimpressed with Arizona. Squeaking by at home against mediocre teams. They are going nowhere in the post season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":i1rooxfp said:
Threedee":i1rooxfp said:
Who's a bigger moron - Bridgewater or Zimmer?

Zimmer shouldn't have put him in position. What are you going to do with 13 seconds? You know Arizona will be guarding the sideline.
Agreed. ......but you absolutely cannot take a sack there. Young player making a rookie mistake, but Zimmer should have just kicked the FG.

The Outfield

Reaction score
marko358":2q0vlval said:
Thoroughly unimpressed with Arizona. Squeaking by at home against mediocre teams. They are going nowhere in the post season.

If anything, hopefully this shakes their confidence a bit and makes them feel a little less invincible.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":21m578b5 said:
I think this was the best result for Seattle realistically. Pretty much means you get the 5th seed and a bye week against the NFC East.

Seattle might not win against GB in Sub-zero temperatures otherwise. And A-Rod can still do a lot at home.

Arizona losing was the best result until the division is out of reach

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":32q349g6 said:

Plus, you now (likely) avoid us until the NFC championship game.

I'm sure there arent tears being shed in the Valley with that in mind.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
JSeahawks":dwaezeqq said:
Threedee":dwaezeqq said:
Who's a bigger moron - Bridgewater or Zimmer?

Zimmer shouldn't have put him in position. What are you going to do with 13 seconds? You know Arizona will be guarding the sideline.

This.....

After pissing down your leg on the first 2 downs just kick the damn FG

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Optimistic Hawk fans were obviously rooting for Minnesota. They were hoping Arizona would lose today, then drop a game to either Philly or GB, and then lose to us in week 17. The chances of that have got to be under 10%. If Arizona lost this game, I think there is a much greater chance we end up as the #6 seed than NFC West champs. If Minny won, I think about an 80% chance we are the #6 seed.

Realists (pessimists?) were rooting for Arizona. An Arizona win tonight almost guarantees us the #5 seed and a favorable first round matchup against the NFC East winner. A Minnesota win would have likely resulted in us being the #6 seed and having to play in Lambeau.

AZ just wasn't going to go 1-3 in their final 4 games. As much as we'd like them to, it wasn't going to happen.

I'll happily take the #5 seed :D

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
The Outfield":2uf8joss said:
marko358":2uf8joss said:

If anything, hopefully this shakes their confidence a bit and makes them feel a little less invincible.

They are vincible

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
One thing is for sure is that we go down to the wire against any team during primetime games, no matter how much better or worse they are.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The Outfield":3j2ws8hq said:
marko358":3j2ws8hq said:

Douchebag Arians and Douchebag Cards fans, who were mocking and dancing on Seattle's grave just weeks ago, may suddenly feel a bit vulnerable considering what has transpired in the last 4 days.

I relish the thought of playing them in the NFC championship game. We would absolutely crush them right now.

Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2c0ft1og said:
ringless":2c0ft1og said:

Exactly.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Well if AZ was going to win, at least it essentially locked in our playoff spot.

Probably the best way to put that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Chapow":22n2oukq said:
Uncle Si":22n2oukq said:
ringless":22n2oukq said:

Exactly.

I'm just curious, you'd rather have a 20% chance at the NFC West title, and a 80% chance at the #6 seed VS basically being guaranteed the #5 seed, which is as close to a bye as you can get.

Maybe I just play it conservative. I'm the guy that would take the money on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire rather than trying to push the envelope.

Maybe lets just try to think of this as a win-win like a previous poster mentioned.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkpower":29g3ly4x said:
The Outfield":29g3ly4x said:
marko358":29g3ly4x said:

Douchebag Arians and Douchebag Cards fans, who were mocking and dancing on Seattle's grave just weeks ago, may suddenly feel a bit vulnerable considering what has transpired in the last 4 days.

I relish the thought of playing them in the NFC championship game. We would absolutely crush them right now.

Nothing would make me happier than beating the Panthers again and giving Cam a superman on the way out of the stadium and then to have the home town cards fans watch as their team gets shredded to pieces by Wilson and the LOB