Can Russ be succesful with more responsibilities?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1c7uik0j said:
Wow, of course he could do it if our O-line was holding for 4-5 seconds on every play and opening throwing lanes on every down but so could Ryan Leaf and Jamaecuss Russell. That O-line play your complaining about is mostly the fault of the guy holding the ball longer than any QB in the NFL.

Quote: "Of course Wilson can carry the load and throw 40+ times a game and win! Did anyone watch his college games? The kid is a gunslinger, through and through!"
Well then yes, I want him to. Who wouldn't? Unless of course there is a difference between college and the NFL. Naw that's just dumb talk. Of course there is no difference and that is why every good college QB has been ridiculously successful at the NFL level. Right???

Keep in mind I am not bashing Wilson here, I am bashing the guys who apparently believe he is already at his peak based on college performance or because his boneheaded team/ coordinator is slowing him down. The guy has played admirably in ten games. Made a ton of rookie mistakes and also shown some flashes of brilliance but it is probably fair to say he is not "YET" the best QB to ever touch a football.

It's OK to like him without wanting to swallow his unborn children.
That is the second time I have seen that line from you. Who are you, Mike Tyson?
Wait a tic, I get it. You mean pre-conception! ewwwwwwwwww!

The rest of your post wasn't any fun to read. Maybe you sat on your keys when you logged on today, and the discomfort made you crabby. I have no idea who you are arguing with when you argue against him being the best QB to ever touch a football. I guess if you wanted to argue the college stuff, Russell carried his team at the end of games at the highest level of college competition, and since he has not had a 40 throw game in the Pros, that is all we have to go on. He didn't do it running some funky spread either, he did it throwing to very average college receivers in an offensive system that has some similarities to the Seahawks offense.

And who said Russell is already at his peak?

chiltech500

Reaction score
Agree with many strong points about RW discussed... trying to watch objectively, I think he could be further along if he had been taller throughout his career (and now too). Might he better than Luck, probably?

NYCoug

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3d0x37yh said:
RichNhansom":3d0x37yh said:
Wow, of course he could do it if our O-line was holding for 4-5 seconds on every play and opening throwing lanes on every down but so could Ryan Leaf and Jamaecuss Russell. That O-line play your complaining about is mostly the fault of the guy holding the ball longer than any QB in the NFL.

Quote: "Of course Wilson can carry the load and throw 40+ times a game and win! Did anyone watch his college games? The kid is a gunslinger, through and through!"
Well then yes, I want him to. Who wouldn't? Unless of course there is a difference between college and the NFL. Naw that's just dumb talk. Of course there is no difference and that is why every good college QB has been ridiculously successful at the NFL level. Right???

Keep in mind I am not bashing Wilson here, I am bashing the guys who apparently believe he is already at his peak based on college performance or because his boneheaded team/ coordinator is slowing him down. The guy has played admirably in ten games. Made a ton of rookie mistakes and also shown some flashes of brilliance but it is probably fair to say he is not "YET" the best QB to ever touch a football.

It's OK to like him without wanting to swallow his unborn children.
That is the second time I have seen that line from you. Who are you, Mike Tyson?
Wait a tic, I get it. You mean pre-conception! ewwwwwwwwww!

The rest of your post wasn't any fun to read. Maybe you sat on your keys when you logged on today, and the discomfort made you crabby. I have no idea who you are arguing with when you argue against him being the best QB to ever touch a football. I guess if you wanted to argue the college stuff, Russell carried his team at the end of games at the highest level of college competition, and since he has not had a 40 throw game in the Pros, that is all we have to go on. He didn't do it running some funky spread either, he did it throwing to very average college receivers in an offensive system that has some similarities to the Seahawks offense.

And who said Russell is already at his peak?

I absolutely hate it when that happens! Seriously, nothing makes me crabbier than forgetting that my keys are in my back pocket and then sitting down, having my keys dig into me, and being too lazy or too preoccupied to care until the frustration and irritation forces me to take the keys out of my pocket. I can see why RichNHansom would be crabby in such a situation...

Seriously though, that really was no fun to read. It brought a little tear to my eye, and not the good kind, to know that there are still Seahawks fans out there that want to sit on the fence as long as they can with regards to Wilson. Nobody's saying he's the greatest QB to ever touch a football. What people are wondering in this thread is if he can handle having to throw the ball 40 times in a game and still manage to play as efficient as he is now en route to a victory.

At least that's what I gathered.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't see why he couldn't. That said, it's not a huge concern for me. I think he surpasses 300 yards in a game today, FWIW.

I'm more concerned about throws you don't see him make, like short slants or short back shoulder throws. Throws that can make your life easier against good pass rushes. Not hugely concerned. Just curious.

OP
OP
seahawksfanatic000

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
I would just like to bring this up again, because now it becomes a very valid point. some of you said that there is no way that our run game and defense will just dissapear. well that might have just happened.

Now it is up to Wilson to truly carry this team. the defense will lose two of its cornerstone players. our line is too pourous for lynch to get any yards. Wilson will lead us to the playoff. In the coming weeks i believe he will become the best thing about this team. It will give him the experience of playing and winning on a sub par team. He will win for his team and fans. and that, my friends is what he is going to have to do.