Brian Billick...WTF

SeaWolv

Reaction score
He has us at #7 after week 15 saying:

Back-to-back 50-point games have put the league on notice, but something is holding me back from totally jumping on the Seahawks bandwagon.

Then he has us at #5 after week 16 saying:

The Seahawks have their first 10-win season since 2007 and have ensured a second postseason in Pete Carroll's three seasons as head coach. In their last three games alone, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents 150-30, the second-highest point total in a three-game span in NFL history. Isn't this supposed to be a ball-control, defensive team?

Then after week 17 he drops us to #9 even though we beat the Rams saying:

Pete Carroll gets my vote for Coach of the Year for what he has done with the Seahawks this season, but I think they go one and done in the playoffs. Washington is a tough place to play, especially for a team that has had their struggles on the road this season.

WTF!?

Back to back 50 point games for the first time in over 50 years and he's not sold . They then bitch slap the Niners and beat the Rams, a team that beat the Niners twice (I know they tied but since it was at Candlestick I call that a loss for the Niners) and he drops them 4 spots???

To add insult to injury he then regurgitates the BS meme "they can't play on the road". RW's struggles on the road earlier in the season was mostly about a rookie QB learning how to lead an NFL team on the fly over the course of a season. If you're a sports analyst doing your job and you actually watch some Seahawk's games you'd recognize the maturation process this team was going through at several positions and realize those early struggles in no way define where this team is now.

Come on Brian earn your money.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings/2012/Final

GoHawks

Reaction score
It's called Bias . . .

or how bout this . . it's a copycat league, just call it copycat journalism, just spewing what they've heard from other mediots

just a bit of research would not lend much merit to the drone of road losses, particularly the early season losses that were all close games that we had opportunity to win

Hawks46

Reaction score
"Washington is a tough place to play"

Didn't they go like 5-3 at home this year ? So, barely cracking .500 at home makes it a tough play to play ? C'mon Brian.....the CLINK is a tough place to play.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Hawks46":2e3oektk said:
"Washington is a tough place to play"

Didn't they go like 5-3 at home this year ? So, barely cracking .500 at home makes it a tough play to play ? C'mon Brian.....the CLINK is a tough place to play.

Great point, and one of those teams (the last one) happened to be the Panthers.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Well, the game's pretty much a coin flip though, right? We're all fans here, so we look through our own glasses and all, but would you be super surprised to see DC win it? I wouldn't. Not super-surprised, any way. It's a pick 'em! And if you mentally substitute "a great place to get jobbed" when you read "a tough place to play" some of what he says makes more sense.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Throwdown":19m1mhea said:
I love how you guys act surprised, its cute.

I expect it from talking heads like Mike Greenberg that never played but Billick was a player and a coach and yet his reasoning is completely flawed from a logic standpoint.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Even after we win the Superbowl, they won't pick us to win it.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":31ix700x said:
Well, the game's pretty much a coin flip though, right? We're all fans here, so we look through our own glasses and all, but would you be super surprised to see DC win it? I wouldn't. Not super-surprised, any way. It's a pick 'em! And if you mentally substitute "a great place to get jobbed" when you read "a tough place to play" some of what he says makes more sense.

My point wasn't so much about who's going to win in D.C. as it was about Billick's flawed reasoning for dropping the Hawks 4 places on his power ranking and then spewing BS about struggling on the road.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
Billick has the worst power rankings between the big 5...CBS, Fox, ESPN, NFL, SI. His PR tend to make no sense at all.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
rdskns4eva":1twu3xv9 said:
Billick has the worst power rankings between the big 5...CBS, Fox, ESPN, NFL, SI. His PR tend to make no sense at all.

Personally I thought he had Seattle positioned correctly at #5 after week 16 but then he went and crapped the bed.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
SeaWolv":hg7rdyhg said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":hg7rdyhg said:

My point wasn't so much about who's going to win in D.C. as it was about Billick's flawed reasoning for dropping the Hawks 4 places on his power ranking and then spewing BS about struggling on the road.

Fair enough. Power rankings should be about who's better than who, not who's going to beat who on any given day. If his rankings are supposed to be consistent, it's pretty hard to justify dropping the Hawks (or any team in the same situation) down the ladder after a victory. There's a difference between predictions and rankings, for sure.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Between how the game has become so fantasy sports based to actually caring what reporters even have to say, I could give a rat's ass about both things.

Just play the game. :th2thumbs: :thfight7:

blue 22

Reaction score
No use getting upset over stupid power rankings when you cant control what people say kimosabe.

Smoke

Reaction score
I want to see a win on the road against a playoff team. We haven't done that this year.

The playoff win on the road monkey is one that we need to get off our back.