Blueprint to stop Seahawk offense. .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1gtfvltb said:
Whatever happened to the screen pass? Seemed as if Wilson used to do it a lot with Lynch but now not so much?

Or checkdowns.

I think Russell's a little too drunk on his lucky downfield jump balls that we've been catching lately. Well...........we didn't catch any yesterday. His eyes aren't even looking short, unless it's a last second shovel pass as he's getting sacked.

We should be doing a TON more checkdowns, shallow crosses and screens. I was yelling that yesterday.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Just bring 11 guys dressed in opposing jerseys. Our O will do the rest.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
lol.. come on people! The Hawks had over 450 yards. We are FINER than FINE.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just need to get TD's and not settle for FG tries. The amount of yards mean nothing if you don't put up points.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":226igtyr said:
Just need to get TD's and not settle for FG tries. The amount of yards mean nothing if you don't put up points.

Mind blown

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pete's love for the deep pass destroyed them yesterday. I've never seen that many deep passes on 2nd and short or 3rd and short. They didn't connect much on them either. There were a lot in the Houston game but those were being connected on. It's like a basketball team dependent on 3pt shooting. When they are on fire, it's good but doesn't work on a consistent basis and most teams that do that aren't winning teams. That's where the success against Houston killed them in this game. They thought they could go in with the same type of game plan but it bit them in the arse. Hopefully they have learned from this. We'll see on Thurs.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1lvrwod6 said:
Pete's love for the deep pass destroyed them yesterday. I've never seen that many deep passes on 2nd and short or 3rd and short. They didn't connect much on them either. There were a lot in the Houston game but those were being connected on. It's like a basketball team dependent on 3pt shooting. When they are on fire, it's good but doesn't work on a consistent basis and most teams that do that aren't winning teams. That's where the success against Houston killed them in this game. They thought they could go in with the same type of game plan but it bit them in the arse. Hopefully they have learned from this. We'll see on Thurs.

Bevell and Co seemingly play opponents like they're all the same sometimes. The DC DBs aren't trash like the HOU ones were.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Houston's secondary just got TORCHED by TY Hilton and Jacoby Brissett to the tune of 5 receptions for 175 yards and 2 TDs.... Like mrt144 said they suck and that's why we were also able to destroy them. It really doesn't seem like our coaches scheme well against opposing defenses with any consistency. If you look at what the Eagles did to the Skins (murdered them), they were isolating Ertz on DJ Swearinger. He flat out could not cover Ertz downfield. Did we even attempt that with Jimmy or Luke?

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Rush one on the right side of our line, play 10 back.

Ifedi will either whiff or getting a holding call.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Most of us know that San Diego really exposed Seattle's philosophy back in 2015.

Take your time don't make turnovers.

No need to score in a hurry, Seattle wont so take your time and only call high percentage offensive plays again no turnovers.

Let Seattle bury themselves with an inept O-line and penalties.

If Seattle gets down early they will become desperate and will be forced to score points. This plays into Russell Wilson's strengths so again take our time scoring. This is why they are able to score so well at the end of halves. As long as we are only up or down by 1 score Seattle will not change their philosophy.

Send 4 and stunt on 1st and 2nd downs, pressure will still be achievable. Play a deep zone and stay disciplined on deep balls. Seattle hates crossing patterns and short passes and will only resort to it when they have given up on long developing routes. This usually only happens at the end of haves and when Seattle is desperate. See previous statement. If Doug Baldwin catches multiple passes don't panic, he does it to most teams.

On 3rd down, Seattle will more than likely be in a 3rd and long, (not that it matters if it is 3rd and short) send complicated blitzes full force. Doesn't matter what they are just mix it up.

When Seattle goes up by 1 score at the end of the game we will be fine as long as there is at least a minute left. They will give us half the field by playing a soft zone. If we are lucky to catch them in a bump and run man cover 3 then bomb it to their weakest CB.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":7nymr2rr said:
lol.. come on people! The Hawks had over 450 yards. We are FINER than FINE.
That's true. We did dominate in just about every offensive category. And how many more big plays were wiped out by costly penalties? It's coming together. Hey, I'll take 3 wins out of every 4 games the rest of the way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's exactly why after all the anger, I'm looking at the game differently. Of those 16 penalties, many of them wiped out some big plays on offense. They could have easily put up 5 bills and won by a couple touchdowns. Exactly why discipline flat out has to change. My only thing now is that the long bomb jump balls need to be cut way down. Enough already, nothing wrong with checking down or a short passing game. Obviously he's running for his life and/or people may not be getting open. Just seems like long jump balls are extremely low percentage.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with that. Seems like we're fully capable of those plays when we're in a third-and-manageable situation. That's why the penalties were so costly. And I love Russ as much as anyone on here, but dang he has to release that ball with a little more anticipation. His throws Sunday allowed the defender to momentarily recover and break things up. It was just one of those games. I don't expect that going forward.

Keep up the good posts. You contribute peaceful morning reading.

Latest posts