Blakeman's crew to officiate Seahawks-49ers

Darrenv17

Reaction score
The officiating crew for the Seahawks-49ers game Sunday will be headed up by none other than Clete Blakeman, as reported by FootballZebras.

https://twitter.com/footballzebras/stat ... 3766237184

And if you've heard that name a lot lately, it's because that's the crew that handled the controversial Carolina-New England game a few weeks ago.

Blakeman hasn't done a Seattle game since the loss at Miami last year. His crew also handled the win over the Patriots last season.

The Seahawks are 1-4 in games officiated by Blakeman's crew since 2008.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

oasis

Reaction score
I feel that because of the heat he got for the carolina-patriots game, he's going to want to officiate a much fairer contest this time around. One can hope.

oasis

Reaction score
But against Miami, I remember the BS personal foul he called against ET at that critical spot. That was tough to swallow.

KK84

Reaction score
Carey is the only one that scares me, and that includes Leavey. This team is good enough to overcome shoddy officiating, but Mike Carey is a whole nother animal.

oasis

Reaction score
Mike Carey is 64 years old despite looking 30. Maybe he made a deal with the devil?

Cartire

Reaction score
oasis":2968hrib said:
Mike Carey is 64 years old despite looking 30. Maybe he made a deal with the devil?

Holy crap. I had to look that up. I can't believe that.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
As my wife would say "Black don't crack baby!". :)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Darrenv17":19rx76gn said:

Yeah dude Clete hates us so I hate Clete.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Darrenv17":3pvw8cqs said:
The officiating crew for the Seahawks-49ers game Sunday will be headed up by none other than Clete Blakeman, as reported by FootballZebras.

https://twitter.com/footballzebras/stat ... 3766237184

And if you've heard that name a lot lately, it's because that's the crew that handled the controversial Carolina-New England game a few weeks ago.

Blakeman hasn't done a Seattle game since the loss at Miami last year. His crew also handled the win over the Patriots last season.

So, 1-1 last year means 0-3 since 2008. If memory serves me, we had two 7-9 seasons, a 4-12 and a 5-11 season since 2008. I would guess our record with any crew is not that great during that span.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
HawkWow":dd77x16n said:
Throwdown":dd77x16n said:
Mike Carey?

https://twitter.com/RefMikeCarey

One of the best parody pages.

"GIMME A BREAK HOES. THESE TEAMS SUCK, MY MIND ELSEWHWRE (ZONA CHEERLEADERS LOOK FINE THO) #ATLvsAZ"

Hilarious!
HAHAHAHA dude that is awesome..."PHINS AT JETS. TWO TRASH TEAMS. BEST BELEE I GOT A FLASK UNDER THE SHIRT @vwilliams9607"

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
It sucks that it matters. Officiating should be consistent across the board. A call should be a call.

I know it's a hard sport to officiate but the goal should be to train the officials to all make the same calls all the time. Then the differences in the crews would be minimalistic.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3a3ctu6y said:
It sucks that it matters. Officiating should be consistent across the board. A call should be a call.

I know it's a hard sport to officiate but the goal should be to train the officials to all make the same calls all the time. Then the differences in the crews would be minimalistic.
NFL would have to care to make that happen. They don't, and likely won't until it costs one of their pampered franchises......i.e Cowpatties, Stealers, Vagiants, Fudgepackers.......a Super Bowl win.

hawker84

Reaction score
i'm convinced there isn't a good crew out there any more. The league has handcuffed them so much they're scared not to make a call. As long it isn't Carey, i'm cool with it, good teams play through the bad calls and still win. We're a very good team and more than capable of winning despite of bad calls, much more than SF IMO. I think we'll be fine regardless of the crew.

253hawk

Reaction score
oasis":2bv1zzb1 said:
But against Miami, I remember the BS personal foul he called against ET at that critical spot. That was tough to swallow.

The flag was fine because it's defined within the rules, it's the rule that sucks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
oasis":bx8jgpht said:

It was ticky tack but not BS. Earl Thomas also got one of those this year. Earl is going to have to learn that you just can't hit QBs in the head. period.

I'm worried about this. This crew caught holy hell for letting downfield contact go in favor of the defense. We have a physical, aggressive defense. I can see this adversely affecting us.