Best win and toughest loss of 2012

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3l61e52h said:
Scottemojo":3l61e52h said:
Every one of the losses had a moment where we not only could have won, but should have. The Niners are the benchmark, so that one is the one that hurts the most.

Best win? For me, it is the Patriots. We took their best shot, and shot back. More than the Dallas game, it provided some proof that number 3 can get it done.

This was going to be my answer, too.

This is excatly what I was thinking as well.

kf3339

Reaction score
Aros":wjdjimzb said:
Best win: Dallas. Pure domination against a team - at the time - that was considered a potential NFC powerhouse.

Worst loss: This one is tough because I could make a case for every game being the worst, but the one that sticks out is the 49ers game. That was on the national stage where we had a HUGE opportunity to not only take sole possession of first place in our division, but do it in front of a national audience to serve notice that the Seahawks are for real. Whoops. Apparently not quite yet.

:13:

For best win, you can't say GB to me because that was a loss that the refs screwed up. You also cant say NE because they blew a FG at the end of the 1st half that gives them the game.

For worst loss they all were bad, but blowing the game on the national stage was just brutal.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":2tiirt49 said:
Best win:

This is a crowded field, but for me, I'd say Dallas. At the time, Dallas looked like a strong playoff contender and Tony Romo still looked like a franchise QB coming off a big game the week before beating the champs in their house convincingly. Seattle won this game by 20 points and looked utterly dominant in doing so. It is still the only decisive win or loss of the entire season. And if you hate Tony Romo this game has bonus points, as it appeared that this game might have been the beginning of the end for his career. He's having a career worst season after posting 300+ yards and 3 TDs right before facing our defense.

Toughest loss:

All four of our losses have been tough, but the Rams hurt the most for me. Unlike the other three losses, Seattle looked like the better team, but lost basically because of one special trick play and a timeout the refs didn't see. It was also a game that had an inexplicable number of 3rd and long conversions. Giving up 3rd and long to a white hot Matt Stafford or Tom Brady is one thing, having it happen against Sam Bradford is another. Oh yeah, the Rams also went 2-2 on FGs from 59+. And we lost by 6 points. Yeah. We win that game, and you wouldn't have to be delusional to still think we have a great shot at the division this year.

How about you guys?
:13:

sutz

Reaction score
Season is not over. I'm guessing we'll have another candidate or two for "best win."

I'm hoping we don't have any more candidates for "worst loss."

;)