Most Thrilling and Satisfying Win of the Year

renofox

Reaction score
I want to keep this happy! So I’ll try to make this easy to understand my point:

Philly didn’t throw because they had 178 yards rushing. That’s bush league defense. SF would have put up 300 tonight. Think about this- K9 and all he did tonight was still almost 100yds less than Philly rushing.

Philly would win 8/10 matchups. We just got one off the two Ws today!

We should have lost and it would have been to the far better team. Kelce’s false start probably saved the day because we maxed out our scoring potential.
The Defense held them to 17 points and got 2 TO's.

I'll take that level of Bush League any week. Defense like that wins games.

GemCity

Reaction score
Me too. Lol. Was born here. Mother is German. Dad was army and stationed here back in the day. Spent 10 years of my childhood here ... and two in the PNW on Ft Lewis plus a handful of other US bases.

Now I live here part year.
I’m jelly!

I lived in Italy for 6 years and went to Edelweiss at least twice a year.

Mizak

Reaction score
Me too. Lol. Was born here. Mother is German. Dad was army and stationed here back in the day. Spent 10 years of my childhood here ... and two in the PNW on Ft Lewis plus a handful of other US bases.

Now I live here part year.
Have you, personally witnessed Nazi paraphernalia in Germany like in the 30’s and 40’s?

Vesuve

Reaction score
Just came home form a Hawks MNF party. What a game, what a win. We get the ball with 1:52 on the clock, one timeout, and 92 yards to go for the win. There was no ambiguity whatsoever. We go 92 yards for a TD and win, or we don't.

Best, most clutch catch of DK's career. Drew Lock came through. Whatever you think of him, I think he's going to have a fairly long career ahead of him as a back up QB.

What a win. So satisfying.
Agreed!!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Huge win. All three areas played well. A complete game (all phases) from the Seahawks after a long time.

keasley45

Reaction score
Have you, personally witnessed Nazi paraphernalia in Germany like in the 30’s and 40’s?
They dont flaunt historic, WW2 era Nazi anything really in Germany too too much. It wasnt even cool (and still isnt) to name your child Adolph, or mock salute. Berlin has had to integrate the history because of how prevalent it is in the fabric of the city. So ive seen the old military installations now converted, and have been to Hitler's bunker. But it wasnt until relatively recently that Nurnberg integrated the old rally grounds into the city's historic resources. So ive been there. Stood on the platform made famous by hitler for his speech at the zeppelin field. My apartment is about 400 meters from the courthouse where the Nurnberg trials took place. Ive seen a few things. but not sure what you mean by paraphernalia?

When i was around 11 or so, one of my best friends was the grandson of a former Nazi officer and member of the Nazi party. My family is from a small town outside of Ansbach in Bavaria. I didnt know who it was i was playing with at the time and as a kid, didnt really think on it too much. But yeah, i met the old man. Would go in his house for soda breaks when we were tired. He had a house in the woods on the edge of town. so there's that. My fam didnt roll like that at all, have some Jewish blood by descent (not something they flaunted) and hailed from far western poland before the war. But my grandfather was made to serve in the german war effort when Hitler's forces rolled through Poland. He and his brother faught in the battles outside of Stalingrad - my great uncle was killed there. And my grandfather was a POW in Russia for 4 years before being returned to Germany. He was in one of the forward infantry batallions that was captured not far from Moscow. We have his old rank ensignias, pins, uniform adornments, and prisoner release papers from the Russian camp he was in, as well as letters he wrote my grandmother while he was imprisoned. So i guess that counts as paraphernalia.

Cool thing that brough all of that full circle for me was that in 1988, i was in Dodds schools in Germany and my highscool had a sponsored field strip to Moscow (annually) that was a joint sponsorship between the US and the USSR. So i spent 16 days in the old USSR before it all fell with about a dozen classmates. It was an eye opening experience. In a fantastic way.

Crazy stuff. crazy family history. The same grandfather that whenever i tell that story to friends they say - oh, so your granddad was a nazi?? - who fiercely defended my african american father marrying his small town, german daughter and was proud to walk around town with me in his arms when i was the only kid of color around. He was no nazi. He was a soldier made to fight for the occupying country - although the part of Poland my family is from was heavily German and had been part of Germany before WW1. My fam was a Polish/German/ quietly Jewish mix.

And then on my dads side, my grandfather served in the Korean war, my dad in vietnam and then in desert storm.

I think my grandfather on my german side found kinship in my dad regardless of his color as a man and a soldier. My dad was barely 2 years removed from vietnam when i was born, so my grandfather understood well who he was and what he'd been through.

Sorry for the long answer.

keasley45

Reaction score
Not as bad since this... :ROFLMAO:

20221006 11271420221006 114730

Still there. Minus the Eagle and grand collonade. Its crazy though. theres another building that served as a nazi armory not far from here that has a burger king in it...

I just happened to notice the chipped away eagle crest over the door one day. In hindsight, the vernacular was a dead giveaway. Just didnt expect to see it. Hidden in plain sight...Screenshot 2023 12 19 152523F4bbd6db 0001 0004 0000 000000835083 w520 r1315560821484992 fpx4408 fpy50 1

The green field in the distance in the photo of the presentation platform is where nurnberg american football team plays today.

Like i said. crazyness. The stuff is there for you to see. But its kind of half acknowledged and has been, but for a few examples like the old grandstand and the congress hall, parade strip and old ceremonial grounds, been casually and disissively repurposed. Another exmaple - the spectator stands that you see in the B^W photo of the parade formation were the subject of a environmental remediation effort where rather than rebuilding the benched embankments, the germans planted trees and plants to deconstruct the old features in a natural, safe way.

keasley45

Reaction score
But to get this thread back on track, lots more seahawks blue and green in the streets today. the Germans love some Seahawks and i wasnt the only one up at 530 this morning screaming at my computer screen. It was the most thrilling won of the year for fans on two continents.

That also is a cool and often surreal thing - To be a dual citizen, american who's hometown and roots are in Germany, to live here... a retired army brat, former PNW resident, hardcore hawks fan, and on the regular, see fans of my Hawks all over town and on a sunday, even on occassion hear a the occassiional 'Seeeeaaaa - Hawwwkkkksss' between fans that spot eachother in the streets.

Its like i've died and gone to heaven.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Im here in Eagles country! I cannot tell you how satisfying this is after all the crowing their fans have been doing this year and last. Cry Eagles Cry!

Go Seahawks!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in PA as well and have had to live with obnoxious Eagles and Steelers fans my entire life. My mom is a huge Eagles fan. I had to relentlessly harass her last night as I celebrated. But then I ended the night with an "I love you and miss you Mom." :)

GemCity

Reaction score
View attachment 62614View attachment 62615

Still there. Minus the Eagle and grand collonade. Its crazy though. theres another building that served as a nazi armory not far from here that has a burger king in it...

I just happened to notice the chipped away eagle crest over the door one day. In hindsight, the vernacular was a dead giveaway. Just didnt expect to see it. Hidden in plain sight...View attachment 62616View attachment 62617

The green field in the distance in the photo of the presentation platform is where nurnberg american football team plays today.

Like i said. crazyness. The stuff is there for you to see. But its kind of half acknowledged and has been, but for a few examples like the old grandstand and the congress hall, parade strip and old ceremonial grounds, been casually and disissively repurposed. Another exmaple - the spectator stands that you see in the B^W photo of the parade formation were the subject of a environmental remediation effort where rather than rebuilding the benched embankments, the germans planted trees and plants to deconstruct the old features in a natural, safe way.
Wow! Thanks for sharing man!

GemCity

Reaction score
I'm in PA as well and have had to live with obnoxious Eagles and Steelers fans my entire life. My mom is a huge Eagles fan. I had to relentlessly harass her last night as I celebrated. But then I ended the night with an "I love you and miss you Mom." :)
❤️.

You forgot to tell us the last sentence.

“I love you and miss you Mom. P.S. Fawk the Eagles”.

🤪