Bennett + 7th traded to Eagles for 5th, WR Marcus Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
:irishdrinkers:
hawksincebirth":1kr453iv said:
FIRE JOHN SCHNEIDER HE IS A IDIOT

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm..... trading a aging asset that is battling injury is good GMing. I dunno if you watched Bennett last year but that man looks done

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Cyrus12":33128ps4 said:
MontanaHawk05":33128ps4 said:
Cyrus12":33128ps4 said:
Wow what a day! The full rebuild has begun. I will miss Bennett as a player and once again Was big piece to our sb win. The contract extension was a mistake. Is Marcus Johnson any good or is he a camp body?

Camp body.

I'm glad you're so excited about seeing 8.5 sacks and a top 5 shutdown corner get kicked to the curb.

Never said I was excited. Horrible drafting and cap management is why this is going to be a big hit. Bennett's time was up here imo but our gm did nothing to fill these holes that are now left. Like I said...rebuild has begun.

Frank Clark is a better player right now and much younger. He'll get his chance to be a full-time starter.

mrt144

Reaction score
xStickybudz":3s623p60 said:
hawksincebirth":3s623p60 said:

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm..... trading a aging asset that is battling injury is good GMing. I dunno if you watched Bennett last year but that man looks done

He had an off year with a foot injury and was still better than average. The foot injury casts doubt on forward performance but he hardly looked 'done' and i defy you to provide an analysis where he is anything but average at worst.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3vniazpv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/971476199108239360[/tweet]

He has five career catches on eight targets and a lost fumble. He has zero special teams tackles.

He was not productive in college either, which is why he went undrafted.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2zkso18m said:
253hawk":2zkso18m said:
MontanaHawk05":2zkso18m said:
Rat":2zkso18m said:
Well, that's some poor value, but was anyone really expecting more?

For 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures? I at least HOPED for more. Didn't expect it, though.

How much do 10 offsides penalties, 2 neutral zone infractions and an encroachment take off? He single-handedly had 52% of the defense's LOS violations.

Still 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures.

EDIT: Eh. I won't gripe too much. Can't fault the FO for moving on at Bennett's age.

Frank Clark has been more productive these last 2 years. it's time to give him a chance at starting.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for being a warrior for us on the field Michael. Thank you for being a big part in delivering our first championship to us. Good luck. Ignore the haters.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1tkwx4zw said:
MontanaHawk05":1tkwx4zw said:
253hawk":1tkwx4zw said:
MontanaHawk05":1tkwx4zw said:
For 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures? I at least HOPED for more. Didn't expect it, though.

How much do 10 offsides penalties, 2 neutral zone infractions and an encroachment take off? He single-handedly had 52% of the defense's LOS violations.

Still 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures.

EDIT: Eh. I won't gripe too much. Can't fault the FO for moving on at Bennett's age.

Frank Clark has been more productive these last 2 years. it's time to give him a chance at starting.

Frank Clark has been starting . . . on the other end. He's not a replacement for Bennett.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This is cause for celebration. Great move JS, perfect choice for first person to vote off the island.

Let's keep it going! Who's next?

AgentDib

Reaction score
This makes little sense in terms of strictly salary and on field production.

Perhaps they really like Marcus Johnson but it's more likely that the locker room element was a deal breaker for them and they had decided to move on from Bennett this off-season at any cost. I suspect it's less to do with the national anthem stuff and more to do with the penalties, his attitude towards coaching about them, and the example that sets for the rookies.

RCATES

Reaction score
JimmyG":1jnnqk1y said:
RCATES":1jnnqk1y said:
Hawks always get worked on trades. JS is not the genius we claim he is. This is the beginning of the end fella's. I got hammered on here for saying it a month ago. Come eat your crow.
In fairness, veteran players almost never bring in good trade hauls. Bennett is still a good player, but he was 33 and had off the field concerns. Remember when Anquan Boldin and a ridiculous playoffs en route to a SB, and then was traded for a 6th round pick the ensuing a couple months later?

Don't sugar coat it. MB is still 32 and Hawks got worked yet again. It's outright cringeworthy how bad they have been in trades.

"Eagles traded a 7 and Matt Tobin to Seattle for a 5. Seattle than traded a 7 and Michael Bennett for a 5 and Marcus Johnson.

The Eagles basically traded Matt Tobin and Marcus Johnson for Michael Bennett, lol."

hawknation2018

Reaction score
This is ALL about getting younger by re-signing Sheldon Richardson and hoping that 5th rounder sticks.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
mrt144":ne07y4ge said:
xStickybudz":ne07y4ge said:
hawksincebirth":ne07y4ge said:

He had an off year with a foot injury and was still better than average. The foot injury casts doubt on forward performance but he hardly looked 'done' and i defy you to provide an analysis where he is anything but average at worst.

K? and John Schneider should be fired for trading a aging asset that is battling injury? Regardless if he was average or not you can’t keep everyone and as much as I loved Michael he is on the wrong side of 30 and eventually you need to cut ties to pay younger players

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RCATES":9e2u1pz5 said:
JimmyG":9e2u1pz5 said:
RCATES":9e2u1pz5 said:
Hawks always get worked on trades. JS is not the genius we claim he is. This is the beginning of the end fella's. I got hammered on here for saying it a month ago. Come eat your crow.
In fairness, veteran players almost never bring in good trade hauls. Bennett is still a good player, but he was 33 and had off the field concerns. Remember when Anquan Boldin and a ridiculous playoffs en route to a SB, and then was traded for a 6th round pick the ensuing a couple months later?

Don't sugar coat it. MB is still 32 and Hawks got worked yet again. It's outright cringeworthy how bad they have been in trades.

"Eagles traded a 7 and Matt Tobin to Seattle for a 5. Seattle than traded a 7 and Michael Bennett for a 5 and Marcus Johnson.

The Eagles basically traded Matt Tobin and Marcus Johnson for Michael Bennett, lol."

Everyone wanted to be the Patriots. They forgot that the Patriots don't get first rounders for everyone they offload.

I'm not too upset about this move given Bennett's age. But we're not going to get better without him unless the team knows something about Malik that I don't.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1uv2cjac said:
Rat":1uv2cjac said:
Well, that's some poor value, but was anyone really expecting more?

It's not what he did.. but what would be expected of him in the future.

Took a hit here, but you have to figure it's better than waiting a year later and getting even less for an aged, then ineffective Dlineman

AgentDib

Reaction score
RCATES":p8t5xzom said:
It's outright cringeworthy how bad they have been in trades.
A better take is that Bennett didn't have much trade value in the first place. Do you think they gave other teams a chance to offer a better pick?

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1hsmz14s said:
RCATES":1hsmz14s said:
JimmyG":1hsmz14s said:
RCATES":1hsmz14s said:

Everyone wanted to be the Patriots. They forgot that the Patriots don't get first rounders for everyone they offload.

I'm not too upset about this move given Bennett's age. But we're not going to get better without him unless the team knows something about Malik that I don't.
man if only that kid was fit to go id be more than happy

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Every time I wonder how many terrible moves this team can make outside of the draft, they surprise me again.

I find it funny that for a guy that is supposedly going to be easy to replace, a team with one of the best DLs in football, that was already so good it won the SB, wants him.

But apparently he isn't a big loss for us.

Yeah right.

I kinda wish Green Bay would have 'stolen' JS from us. At least I would stop dreading the dumbass moves we make in the offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.