Status
Not open for further replies.

Decimation

Reaction score
Seymour":33yn9c6c said:
LOL to those overvaluing Bennett.

Bye bye big mouth.

Cntl-Alt-Del has begun!!

Fun off season begins! We are players now.

Sorry, but have you seen the Super Bowl Champs D-Line? Michael Bennett and Fletcher Cox on the inside Derek Barnett and Brandon Graham on the outside. Yikes.

And all we got is pretty much an early sixth round pick. Granted MB hasn’t performed as well as of recent, still doesn’t change the fact he’s only 32 and can turn it around again.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rat":19xyjw1j said:
Well, that's some poor value, but was anyone really expecting more?

For 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures? I at least HOPED for more. Didn't expect it, though.

Seymour

Reaction score
Decimation":prbl8klt said:
Seymour":prbl8klt said:

Bye bye big mouth.

Cntl-Alt-Del has begun!!

Sorry, but have you seen the Super Bowl Champs D-Line? Michael Bennett and Fletcher Cox on the inside Derek Barnett and Brandon Graham on the outside. Yikes.

And all we got is pretty much an early sixth round pick. Granted MB hasn’t performed as well as of recent, still doesn’t change the fact he’s only 32 and can turn it around again.

This isn't about team talent. This is about getting rid of those not all in or not able to let go of the past.

Decimation

Reaction score
Seymour":cx7ve949 said:
Decimation":cx7ve949 said:
Seymour":cx7ve949 said:

Bye bye big mouth.

Cntl-Alt-Del has begun!!

This isn't about team talent. This is about getting rid of those not all in or not able to let go of the past.

It was time to part ways, yes, but it’s just going to feel weird not seeing a bunch of fan favorites out there in blue and green.

Here’s to hoping for an incredible draft that will make this team better than ever. As long as we have Russell, we should be fine.

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
For Seattle to stay competitive moves like this need to happen. Yes I hate to see Mike leave and appreciate everything he's done for the team. But last year, as productive as he was, you could see him slowing down. As many have noted here how many "trip over his own shoes" incidents did he have in the backfield? Age hits us all eventually.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As usual, fans will act like the Hawks should have got a haul for a guy. Trades just don't bring much back these days. Sure it would have been nice to get a 4th or something, but this was probably the best offer they got. Fans do not know more than Pete and John. Bummer that it's to the Eagles, but oh well. Thx for the years Michael. It feels like it was time to move on from him. News flash, it doesn't matter one bit if we think the team could have got a better deal.

253hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10agfrcl said:
Rat":10agfrcl said:

For 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures? I at least HOPED for more. Didn't expect it, though.

How much do 10 offsides penalties, 2 neutral zone infractions and an encroachment take off? He single-handedly had 52% of the defense's LOS violations.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I said a 7th, 6th, and Bennett would net a 5th rounder.

Almost nailed it. Should have known since we don't have a 6th.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Marcus Johnson is just subterfuge to make the trade look better. He was an undrafted free agent with five career receptions.

I expect Sheldon Richardson to sign now. That's what this trade was really about, IMO.

RCATES

Reaction score
Hawks always get worked on trades. JS is not the genius we claim he is. This is the beginning of the end fella's. I got hammered on here for saying it a month ago. Come eat your crow.

Steve2222

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3p6jii32 said:
Cyrus12":3p6jii32 said:
Wow what a day! The full rebuild has begun. I will miss Bennett as a player and once again Was big piece to our sb win. The contract extension was a mistake. Is Marcus Johnson any good or is he a camp body?

Camp body.

I'm glad you're so excited about seeing 8.5 sacks and a top 5 shutdown corner get kicked to the curb.

Let’s be honest. Is Sherman a Top 5 lockdown corner anymore? List the your Top 5 cornerbacks please.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hey, hey, meow...we almost always come out on top when trading with the Eagles. Watch that 5th rounde4 turn into a nice pass rusher as a rook and starter down the road.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
253hawk":16cjxlso said:
MontanaHawk05":16cjxlso said:
Rat":16cjxlso said:

How much do 10 offsides penalties, 2 neutral zone infractions and an encroachment take off? He single-handedly had 52% of the defense's LOS violations.

Still 8.5 sacks and 40 pressures.

EDIT: Eh. I won't gripe too much. Can't fault the FO for moving on at Bennett's age.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":13iyqrbi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/971471269957963776[/tweet]

Could care less about Bennett leaving, but this makes no sense at all. Another PED infringement and he'll be suspended for at least 2 seasons (and its bound to happen). The team needs money and they dont need to be spending it on 31 year old headcases.

JimmyG

Reaction score
RCATES":mkt1zb5w said:
Hawks always get worked on trades. JS is not the genius we claim he is. This is the beginning of the end fella's. I got hammered on here for saying it a month ago. Come eat your crow.
In fairness, veteran players almost never bring in good trade hauls. Bennett is still a good player, but he was 33 and had off the field concerns. Remember when Anquan Boldin and a ridiculous playoffs en route to a SB, and then was traded for a 6th round pick the ensuing a couple months later?

Status
Not open for further replies.