Bengals fans hyped for this matchup

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Would anyone really be surprised if we lost this game? Burrow has been good since he entered the league and last week looked pretty healthy for the first time this year. I think we just need to attack on defense and hit him repeatedly. He’ll make a mistake at some point. Hopefully.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The Bengals D has a good rating covering against WR's but struggle poorly vs tight ends. If the Seahawks can get Fant and CO. involved, they will be able to move the ball.

Their rating vs WR's is 61.9
Their rating vs TE's is 126.6 (4 TD's allowed)

hedgehawk

Reaction score
The Bengals D has a good rating covering against WR's but struggle poorly vs tight ends. If the Seahawks can get Fant and CO. involved, they will be able to move the ball.

Yes. Nobody covers our TE’s because we haven’t used them for 13 years. Such an important part of an offense.

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
This should be a good match up if JSN gets his game going.
It's exactly what the coaches & management said they drafted him for.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete's teams in recent years have been nigh unbeatable in the 10 AM slot.

As long as the offense doesn't forget about their TEs, the Hawks should win this one.

I'm curious to see how often the Hawks blitz. They've been ticking upward week by week. However, Daniel Jones vs. Burrow is a different animal.

The Hawks need to keep blitzing to remain successful, I hope they don't chicken out against Burrow.

Put Woolen on Chase and bring the heat is what I want to see.

Vanilla rush 4 consistently and Burrow will have a big game.

chrispy

Reaction score
To me, I think JAdams makes a huge difference when he plays. I think the Seahawks have struggled starting games very slow for a couple years. Even though JAdams only played a few snaps last game, my belief is that he made a difference in the energy out of the gate. I had forgotten until seeing him in New Jersey. If (and I could be wrong, just my opinion) he can bring that same energy it could result in both better pass-rush up front and back-end. Obviously, Bengals aren't the Giants. But, if Seahawks can start aggressive: hit Burrow a few times, and be brutal hitting in the short passing game early, add in some tight bump and run on the outside... maybe the D sets the tone. I think this game is easily winnable by either team. It should come down to coaching and energy because personnel/talent is close (again, in my opinion).

chris98251

Reaction score
Well they are still in talks to trade Carson Palmer to us you know, not sure who we will see back there.

Inside sources leaked this out, Traumahawk said so.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"they're better than ARZ and worse than the giants..."

Do these fans even watch football?
LOL!!

In other news, Dave Krieg is probable for this game, with Kenny Anderson being Questionable.

Fun Fact about Bengals QB Ken Anderson:

Anderson led the NFL in passer rating four times, completion percentage three times, and passing yards, yards per attempt, and completions twice each.

In 1981, Anderson earned league MVP, NFL Offensive Player of the Year, and NFL Comeback Player of the Year honors after leading the Bengals to their first-ever Super Bowl berth. He is a four-time Pro Bowler, a First-Team All-Pro, and a two-time Second-team All-Pro.

Here's hoping he's out for this game.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's going to be a slugfest. I can't wait.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

This matchup is right up our alley

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Would anyone really be surprised if we lost this game?
I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost. I’d be surprised if we lost by more than a FG. I like the matchup and the analytics favor the Hawks so we’ll have to see who wants it more on Sunday. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we had a couple of takeaways in the game

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pete's teams in recent years have been nigh unbeatable in the 10 AM slot.

As long as the offense doesn't forget about their TEs, the Hawks should win this one.

I'm curious to see how often the Hawks blitz. They've been ticking upward week by week. However, Daniel Jones vs. Burrow is a different animal.

The Hawks need to keep blitzing to remain successful, I hope they don't chicken out against Burrow.

Put Woolen on Chase and bring the heat is what I want to see.

Vanilla rush 4 consistently and Burrow will have a big game.
Yep, if the Hawks revert back to the no pressure soft zone crap they will lose.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Several of them think that we can run on them. I hope K9 and Charbs have a field day.