Bengals fans hyped for this matchup

HL81

Reaction score

chrispy

Reaction score
Pass D is bad until it isn't. Season numbers reflect games without starters and pass rush that initially struggled. There's also a reasonable chance Seahawks start slow after the bye. The only way to argue we aren't what the numbers show is to be better than the numbers. I think that's a reasonable expectation but still have to do it on the field.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I took a look around and the general consensus is they think Cincinnati isn't going to have a problem with Seattle.
Which I guess I don't have a problem with. It's their team , they have a good QB and they're at home.

I hope Seattle runs through then

NoGain

Reaction score
I had this one as a loss on my *chalk* pre-season prognostication. But the Bengals haven't hit their stride yet, and the Hawks are growing in team confidence. I still give the edge to the Bengals, but I'm not ruling out a Hawks win by any stretch.

knownone

Reaction score
Bengals fans are trying to talk themselves into a victory.

The metric they are using for these rankings is total yards. That's a good choice if you're a Bengals fan because the more advanced stats paint a dire situation for them. I mean, they are 25th in O-DVOA and 23rd in D-DVOA. Meanwhile, we're 8th and 14th. It looks even worse if you consider efficiency. The Bengals Passing EPA is 26th, and Rushing is 24th. Ours is 10th and 3rd.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
This might be the lack of a Seahawks game talking, but I think this is the 2nd most exciting game I'm looking forward to so far compared to the first 4 games (very closely behind the Lions). I think it will be a very competitive game, and I can't wait to see it!

Mick063

Reaction score
I have only watched them once this season. Against the Rams. Burrow is as good as it gets. Their defense was putting relentless pressure on the Ram's Stafford when Seattle's defense couldn't on week one. Despite that I'm pretty confident. We all knew that it would take about four games for all of the new faces on Seattle's defense to finally get on the same page. I think this is going to be a statement game for Seattle. They are ascending, getting better every week. Using the cumulative season numbers to evaluate the defense is flawed and doesn't account for their steady improvement.

Seattle beat the Lions last year. They beat the Lions this year. It wasn't a fluke. I don't know why Detroit is getting so much more love.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This game is a tossup imo. I won't be shocked if we win, and I won't be shocked if we lose a close one. Burrow finally looked a lot healthier. He's a phenomenal QB. And they have a legit top 5 WR.
Pete Carroll at 10am...........'nuff said.

morgulon1

Reaction score

The metric they are using for these rankings is total yards. That's a good choice if you're a Bengals fan because the more advanced stats paint a dire situation for them. I mean, they are 25th in O-DVOA and 23rd in D-DVOA. Meanwhile, we're 8th and 14th. It looks even worse if you consider efficiency. The Bengals Passing EPA is 26th, and Rushing is 24th. Ours is 10th and 3rd.
Great point.

I noticed Bengal fan was dismissing the stats that don't support their case for winning. There are a few fans over there that are well informed and realistic saying simply that Seattle isn't an easy team to beat. I have to give it to.net , I think we're a lot more level headed and realistic. I want to believe Seattle will go in and dominate but this is the Seahawks .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, they do live in Cincy, so there is that.............

Great quote. The Hawks are worse than a team they just blew out. Love it.
And as of right now, Arizona looks better than the Giants. I'm actually surprised at how well AZ is playing so far.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

This ^^^^

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

What a weird fan base. Decades of losing probably turns them stupid.