Belicheat confirmed...Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3gcqbwdt said:
Anyone who thinks they know whats going to happen outside of lost draft picks is just guessing. Ban Bill for the Superb Owl and send a message.

NFS do you sleep at all?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
razor150":emveurgz said:
DavidSeven":emveurgz said:
Not sure why people keep bringing up the point that the Pats would've won the AFCCG anyway? Didn't the Colts first notice the issue when they played them back in November? There is more than one game outcome this could have affected. Playoffs, seeding, HFA, all affected by this.

Exactly, and how did it affect the game against Baltimore the week before?

Zayum! The plot thickens!

BillBelichick

Reaction score
hawknation2015":30n1h9o5 said:
Breaking the rules by secretly video taping an opponents' signals from the sideline is no better than taping an opponent's practice, IMO.

Taping signals during a game is completely legal. And yes, the situation in 2007 was all about from which position in the stadium the taping occurred.

I appreciate that you recognize the difference. Would you agree most people don't?

I just feel like the circus that is snowballing right now about these deflated balls before the truth comes out is the exact same type of situation that now causes people to think Bill secretly taped opponent's practices, or that he used videotaping to gain an advantage in the games as they were going on.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
storm74":38zktn9j said:
NFSeahawks628":38zktn9j said:
Anyone who thinks they know whats going to happen outside of lost draft picks is just guessing. Ban Bill for the Superb Owl and send a message.

NFS do you sleep at all?

#NoTime2Sleep

I'm literally laying in bed looking at my phone.

I agree with the 2 dollar hookers should start charging 11 dollars though, lol.

gargantual

Reaction score
I get where you're coming from BB, and am sure I'd be thinking the same way in your shoes. If he's innocent, I feel a bit sorry for him, but if something comes up missing from a room and someone there is a known thief, whose going to get blamed? Reminds me a bit of the whole Jim Harbaugh "Beyond reproach" thing. You might not be familiar with that situation not being in the NFC West, but the Niners went into a giant implosion after he made that statement, and this conversation is very reminiscent of that giant dumpster fire.

My point being that it just doesn't look good. I really feel for you guys having to go through such a shitstorm (which looks like what is coming). I've always admired your team and your fans are definitely on the upper end of articulate and knowledgeable. We've aspired to a lot of what your team has accomplished and are now starting to relate to the whole hate-fest that comes from being consistent winners. Pete's made numerous compliments along those lines over the years of his tenure here.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
BillBelichick":3dsfy4s4 said:
hawknation2015":3dsfy4s4 said:
Breaking the rules by secretly video taping an opponents' signals from the sideline is no better than taping an opponent's practice, IMO.

Taping signals during a game is completely legal.

FYI, you are 100% wrong on this. The league's Game Operations Manual prohibits teams from using any kind of video recording devices on the field, in the coaches' booth, and in the locker room during games.

Of course, teams are allowed to use their own eyes to watch an opponent's sideline. Taping, on the other hand, is strictly prohibited. Belichick chose to do it anyway from 2000-2007, and claimed he thought taping was allowed as long as he didn't view the tape during the game, which is itself a dubious and unprovable claim.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Normally, the "-gate" suffix is lame and derivative. In this case, it's pretty analogous to the actual Watergate scenario. As you'll recall, Nixon had the 1972 election in the bag and still called in the Plumbers. The Patriots have had Luck's number since the start, and they still (ostensibly) pulled this stunt.

WatergateBurglars28229

gargantual

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":lju112q8 said:
Normally, the "-gate" suffix is lame and derivative. In this case, it's pretty analogous to the actual Watergate scenario. As you'll recall, Nixon had the 1972 election in the bag and still called in the Plumbers. The Patriots have had Luck's number since the start, and they still (ostensibly) pulled this stunt.

WatergateBurglars28229
Yeah. Just makes you wonder, why?

What about the Krafts? Is a statement coming or is all this just ignored..... as in not deigning to give it any power? How was this handled during the last scandal? And are they forced by public opinion or even the NFL to fire Belichick over this?

The plot thickens......

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Seen also with Giselle before heading out. The mansion could probably use one of those new-fangled LED bulbs:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think this whole thing is HILARIOUS....At least its a distraction for their team and hopefully gives us a slight advantage.

I dont see them getting punished that harshly...I would imagine a fine and a 3rd round or lower draft pick or picks. We will see though

BillBelichick

Reaction score
hawknation2015":8d8rz6bl said:
BillBelichick":8d8rz6bl said:
hawknation2015":8d8rz6bl said:

Taping signals during a game is completely legal.

FYI, you are 100% wrong on this. The league's Game Operations Manual prohibits teams from using any kind of video recording devices on the field, in the coaches' booth, and in the locker room during games.

Of course, teams are allowed to use their own eyes to watch an opponent's sideline. Taping, on the other hand, is strictly prohibited. Belichick chose to do it anyway from 2000-2007, and claimed he thought taping was allowed as long as he didn't view the tape during the game, which is itself a dubious and unprovable claim.

You definitely know you stuff. I've got to remember to leave my cell phone at home next time, I guess.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1jjlpoxf said:
This won't affect the Super Bowl in any way except as a possible team distraction, (so in that sense it could help us, possibly) but oh man, I'm very entertained by this. I never thought much of the spygate stuff, but this takes "Belicheat" to a new level.
If it keeps them from videotaping our walkthrough then its a big win in my eye.
J66rRzx
Edit: its crazy how far I got before needing to reply to thread. I'm still reading, might add later

BillBelichick

Reaction score
gargantual":243f4rce said:
I get where you're coming from BB, and am sure I'd be thinking the same way in your shoes. If he's innocent, I feel a bit sorry for him, but if something comes up missing from a room and someone there is a known thief, whose going to get blamed? Reminds me a bit of the whole Jim Harbaugh "Beyond reproach" thing. You might not be familiar with that situation not being in the NFC West, but the Niners went into a giant implosion after he made that statement, and this conversation is very reminiscent of that giant dumpster fire.

My point being that it just doesn't look good. I really feel for you guys having to go through such a shitstorm (which looks like what is coming). I've always admired your team and your fans are definitely on the upper end of articulate and knowledgeable. We've aspired to a lot of what your team has accomplished and are now starting to relate to the whole hate-fest that comes from being consistent winners. Pete's made numerous compliments along those lines over the years of his tenure here.

Thanks for that post, it means a lot. I appreciate you trying to see my point of view.

If it isn't already obvious, yes, as a born-and-bred New Englander, I am a Patriots fan, I have a deep love for Belichick, and I think he is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

More than that, though, as a fan of football, I have incredible respect for the players and coaches who leave everything on the field, and for the passionate fanbases who support their teams through thick-and-thin.

Last year when I watched that E:60 segment on Sherman, and had a chance to listen to him analyze tape and give his insight beyond "don't you ever talk about me," I realized he's probably the most passionate and best corner in football...and I live for that stuff.

When I watched Beastmode carrying half the Packers defenders with him in the NFC championship down by two scores, then later score a TD to bring you guys your first lead of the game with 90 seconds left, that's what football is all about...I live for that stuff.

When I watched Russell Wilson crying after that game because it meant so much to him, that's passion...and I live for that stuff.

In two weeks, we're going to have the chance to watch the two best teams in the NFL battle it out in what could be one of the best SuperBowls of all time, and yeah, it sucks that there always has to be some BS sideshow story to go along with it.

So I fully accept that my opinion as a Pats fan is probably skewed, but as a fan of football...I would ask that we try to hold our judgement until we can hear the entire truth.

(drops mic)

purpleneer

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":3op4wlp4 said:
B72QWxiIYAIWzyM.jpg
He might do better if he wasn't throwing the ball backwards.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2hb4oq7l said:
purpleneer":2hb4oq7l said:
I'm not holding my breath, but anything short of lifetime bans, multiple lost draft picks and a 9-figure fine would be a slap on the wrist. They should feel lucky to not have wins vacated.

Do you really think that the Commissioner has to balls to fire a shot heard around the world? "The Patriots will forfeit their win against the Colts and Mr. Belicheat will be banned for participating in any NFL event for one year"

Nope, hence the "not holding my breath" part. And the logistics alone mean they can't do the forfeit thing, but draft pick loss and fine will be much bigger than from the video cheating.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
purpleneer":1l55zpcg said:
Bigpumpkin":1l55zpcg said:
purpleneer":1l55zpcg said:
I'm not holding my breath, but anything short of lifetime bans, multiple lost draft picks and a 9-figure fine would be a slap on the wrist. They should feel lucky to not have wins vacated.

Do you really think that the Commissioner has to balls to fire a shot heard around the world? "The Patriots will forfeit their win against the Colts and Mr. Belicheat will be banned for participating in any NFL event for one year"

Nope, hence the "not holding my breath" part. And the logistics alone mean they can't do the forfeit thing, but draft pick loss and fine will be much bigger than from the video cheating.

What about game suspensions for Belichick and Brady? That's the only punishment that would actually hurt them.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1qhdziy7 said:
purpleneer":1qhdziy7 said:

Really? That's like the firing squad for shoplifting the third time. We already have precedence with the Saints, and that's already a pretty hefty price to pay as it is.

Shoplifting? Seriously? For all the legal issues, the Saints stuff wasn't out and out cheating, and they weren't repeat offenders. And if you're balking at the fine number I threw out, do you think it's any more than the benefits of the success in his tenure, or even a portion of it?

purpleneer

Reaction score
hawknation2015":zr4jd3mc said:
purpleneer":zr4jd3mc said:
Bigpumpkin":zr4jd3mc said:
purpleneer":zr4jd3mc said:

What about game suspensions for Belichick and Brady? That's the only punishment that would actually hurt them.

A game? Unless it's for the SB, it's meaningless for either. I'd almost give plausible deniability to Brady, but Belichick and anyone proven to have knowledge should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts