Status
Not open for further replies.

gargantual

Reaction score
BillBelichick":3m22a3n7 said:
Fuzzman55":3m22a3n7 said:
B72QWxiIYAIWzyM.jpg

Hahaha

But seriously, I'm going to hold back my judgement until we hear the facts about the balls, how they got that way, and who's job it was to make sure the balls were in the correct condition.

Is the NFL testing the Colt's balls to see if this was a weather-related thing? Why didn't the referees do anything during the game if they noticed something?

Weather, Gronk-spikes, football-to-Cribb's-facemask collisions...these can all impact the ball, right? I'm no expert, but I don't want to judge until I've heard all the facts.

Unfortunately, the "court" of public opinion revs into high-gear way before any real facts are presented, or investigations completed.

I'm not seeing anything about Belichick or anyone else's involvement, other than it being the referee's job to check the balls.

I did see "part of the investigation that still needs further vetting is how the 11 footballs became underinflated," though.

Maybe we should wait for that part to come to light...seems like it might be important.
Really, seriously not trying to jump on what you're saying here... having a rational reasonable guest here is greatly appreciated, but this "hold my judgment" angle sounds mighty familiar..... reminds me of a certain Marvin who hangs out here.

Well for one, here's a pertinent link: http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...her_couldn_t_have_deflated_patriots_footballs

And equal deflation on eleven different balls happening accidentally! Saying it strains credulity a bit would be an enormous understatement.

Unfortunately, having priors in such a situation really makes it difficult to pass out benefit-of-the-doubt tokens now.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
What bothers me more is that the NFL will fine Marshawn for not wanting to talk to the press or wearing gold shoes at the drop of a hat. If you watch ML, he is obviously uneasy and anxious and yet the press seems to want to push the issue. He has obvious social anxiety. In the meantime, Billy B continues to pull his stunts with his cheating. Even with the balls deflated I do not think the Colts would have won. However, personally it makes me want the Hawks to beat the living crap out of NE. I am so sick of listening to their schtick.

BillBelichick

Reaction score
Laloosh":81kysq92 said:
BillBelichick":81kysq92 said:
Laloosh":81kysq92 said:
... you're literally putting your head in the sand if you think somehow 11/12 balls would be affected *by* the weather and one (along with the Colts' balls) would not.

They tested the Colts' balls? I don't think I have the most up-to-date info.

If you are completely unwilling to wait until all the facts come out and the investigation is done before placing the blame though...I'm not sure there's much to talk about.

You remind me of another poster I've seen here... 49er fan... hmm, can anybody help me out here? Who does this sound like?

I'm here if you ever decide you want to talk, Laloosh.

I'm John, by the way.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":2oy0avrq said:
Note:

Out of every player on the field, the one player who MUST have known that the balls weren't inflated to regulation is Tom Brady. There is absolutely no possible way that he grips one of those balls and can't tell that it has been deflated.

Absolutely.

Anyone who listened to his Monday morning radio show could see right through his nervous laugh. I don't have a link but give it a listen if you find it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NFL wont suspend Blliicheat for the SB, that would give an unfair advantage to Seattle. They'll get a big fine and maybe lose a draft pick next year. I don't think Rog is truly upset about this (since its a legacy team) except for the public perception of it.

Just like Dean Blandino (head of officiating) getting caught on Jerruh Jones' party bus last August, the NFL was not upset he was on the bus, they were upset that the pictures and proof of it got out.

Perception vs Reality.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BillBelichick":3ncu8pe6 said:
I'm sending this thread over to Bill directly so he can hang it up on the bulletin board for the next two weeks!!

If you need bulletin board material for the Super Bowl, we've already won.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
The Patriots are going to lose the Super Bowl because of this

This reminds me of Eugene Robinson getting caught with a prostitute before SB XXXIII. When that happened, I knew the Falcons were done.

We always say in the military it takes a lifetime to build your credibility, but just a second to lose it. Coach B has lost his credibility numerous times and this will leave a mark on his legacy i.e. a confirmation of spy gate

The question is, is this enough to keep him out of the HOA if found guilty?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
City Of Reign":34w92zb6 said:
Patriots running backs are known to have the dropsies. This might be Belicheats answer. Like some others have said as well, it doesn't really matter if it helped Brady or not. The recievers are the biggest benefactor in this case.

This is an EXCELLENT point.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
They won't do anything before the Super Bowl.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised though if they suspend BB for the entire year next year. The NFL is skittish nowadays in light of the recent PR fiascos. The Twitter Mob will definitely impact punishment....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
falcongoggles":2kyqeg3o said:
The question is, is this enough to keep him out of the HOA if found guilty?

He should hope so. HOA's suck. My old one used to send me nasty letters for flying my Seahawks flag in the front lawn during the season.

But yeah, it's bad. Maybe even bad enough to keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
OpHawk":hhhzozmg said:
Vancanhawksfan":hhhzozmg said:
Note:

Out of every player on the field, the one player who MUST have known that the balls weren't inflated to regulation is Tom Brady. There is absolutely no possible way that he grips one of those balls and can't tell that it has been deflated.

Absolutely.

Anyone who listened to his Monday morning radio show could see right through his nervous laugh. I don't have a link but give it a listen if you find it.

Brady should also face a fine and suspension for this. He is on record as saying he "likes deflated balls" and can tell the difference between a normal ball and a deflated one. It's not possible that he didn't know this cheating was going on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Laloosh":30lggctc said:
BillBelichick":30lggctc said:
Laloosh":30lggctc said:
... you're literally putting your head in the sand if you think somehow 11/12 balls would be affected *by* the weather and one (along with the Colts' balls) would not.

They tested the Colts' balls? I don't think I have the most up-to-date info.

If you are completely unwilling to wait until all the facts come out and the investigation is done before placing the blame though...I'm not sure there's much to talk about.

You remind me of another poster I've seen here... 49er fan... hmm, can anybody help me out here? Who does this sound like?

I KNOW, I KNOW!

Starts with an M ends in an N and rhymes with Harvin?

gargantual

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3pn7ra3w said:
The NFL wont suspend Blliicheat for the SB, that would give an unfair advantage to Seattle. They'll get a big fine and maybe lose a draft pick next year. I don't think Rog is truly upset about this (since its a legacy team) except for the public perception of it.
Very true, but with all the controversies that came out this year, and all the public outcry that resulted (at an unprecedented level)...... is this the final straw? How far can things he stretched before they break?

But then, as long as the public keep watching and buying crap, what the hell does the League care if it becomes the modern version of Pro Wrestling?

Foghawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3uzj7od1 said:
City Of Reign":3uzj7od1 said:
Patriots running backs are known to have the dropsies. This might be Belicheats answer. Like some others have said as well, it doesn't really matter if it helped Brady or not. The recievers are the biggest benefactor in this case.

This is an EXCELLENT point.

Absolutely! When my son first started playing football I would play catch with him in the backyard with an under inflated ball to help build his confidence. A couple of PSI makes a HUGE difference in making the ball more "catch friendly".

BillBelichick

Reaction score
gargantual":ylh6jmmb said:
Really, seriously not trying to jump on what you're saying here... having a rational reasonable guest here is greatly appreciated, but this "hold my judgment" angle sounds mighty familiar..... reminds me of a certain Marvin who hangs out here.

Well for one, here's a pertinent link: http://www.bostonherald.com/news_op...her_couldn_t_have_deflated_patriots_footballs

And equal deflation on eleven different balls happening accidentally! Saying it strains credulity a bit would be an enormous understatement.

Unfortunately, having priors in such a situation really makes it difficult to pass out benefit-of-the-doubt tokens now.

Thanks for the respect. I appreciate it and it is mutual.

I don't want to go too far into the past, but even on this forum today I've read several references to the Patriots secretly taping other team's practices which are completely untrue. They stem from one incorrect story that has since been retracted.

You can see how stories like that linger, and people don't care about the truth, they just want to get worked up and latch onto reasons to hate the teams they already hate.

I just want to take in all the information I can, and wait until the investigation is complete before I judge, or throw more fire onto the hype-machine.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
BillBelichick":2rvsqhl4 said:
gargantual":2rvsqhl4 said:

Thanks for the respect. I appreciate it and it is mutual.

I don't want to go too far into the past, but even on this forum today I've read several references to the Patriots secretly taping other team's practices which are completely untrue. They stem from one incorrect story that has since been retracted.

You can see how stories like that linger, and people don't care about the truth, they just want to get worked up and latch onto reasons to hate the teams they already hate.

I just want to take in all the information I can, and wait until the investigation is complete before I judge, or throw more fire onto the hype-machine.

Breaking the rules by secretly video taping an opponents' signals from the sideline is no better than taping an opponent's practice, IMO.

Surreptitiously deflating the balls is even worse because it gave Brady a direct and immediate unfair advantage on the field.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks they know whats going to happen outside of lost draft picks is just guessing. Ban Bill for the Superb Owl and send a message.

razor150

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3gg4un1m said:
Not sure why people keep bringing up the point that the Pats would've won the AFCCG anyway? Didn't the Colts first notice the issue when they played them back in November? There is more than one game outcome this could have affected. Playoffs, seeding, HFA, all affected by this.

Exactly, and how did it affect the game against Baltimore the week before?

Status
Not open for further replies.