Belicheat confirmed...Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":wqdx6dkt said:
I loved Russell Wilson's response to a reporter asking if he had a preference on how the football is prepared: "As long as it has laces, I'm good."

Priceless! :th2thumbs:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I wish we would just talked about the game...............I ultimately see this as something that may affect them next year in terms of lost draft picks and some cash.

This is also setting up the Pats with a us against the world mentality, which we as Hawk fans know very well can have a big impact on how your team plays.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Yeah anybody that thinks this is about catching the ball is out to lunch. If this happened intentionally, it had to be signed off by Brady. You think he is going to do something that hurts his ability to throw the ball? Ha.

Sac

Reaction score
Something to consider. The last couple off years, the Pats receivers were notorious for letting balls bounce out if their hands. Their running backs were notorious for fumbling. This year, they've seem a marked decrease in both areas. Coincidence?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":35rpzylc said:
Something to consider. The last couple off years, the Pats receivers were notorious for letting balls bounce out if their hands. Their running backs were notorious for fumbling. This year, they've seem a marked decrease in both areas. Coincidence?

Get with the program, this has already been brought up numerous times in this thread alone. Silly mods.

Chawks1

Reaction score
WendellWent":1i12c2wv said:
Yeah anybody that thinks this is about catching the ball is out to lunch. If this happened intentionally, it had to be signed off by Brady. You think he is going to do something that hurts his ability to throw the ball? Ha.

Not only would Brady have to sign off on it but Belichick would have to be aware and "look the other way" for it to go down. Like everything else the denials and coverup will make this worse and come back to haunt them. I'm sure CBS is combing through all their pregame film trying to see who, what, where and when it all went down. The NFL will be requesting copies too.

aawolf

Reaction score
This is nothing more and nothing less than equipment tampering.

I don't recall this ever being an issue in Football, but definitely its an issue in baseball--corked bats, tar on pitcher's uniforms, razor blades in the gloves to scratch the balls, ect...

The appropriate punishment is to do what baseball does to people that cheat in this manner.

Sammy Sosa was suspended 8 games for a corked bat--8 games out of a 162 game season is 4% of games.--4% of an NFL season is 0.6 games--so, offender should be suspended 3 quarters of a regular season game.

Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was suspended 10 games for tar on the baseball per league rules. That's like a one regular season game suspension in the NFL.

Further complicating the matter is that it is unknown who the deflator is...if Belicheck or Brady is the culprit. I'd say Brady, since he touched the ball every down. I'd say a one game suspension to be served in the next regular season and a fine. I don't think this is worthy of losing draft picks. But, the NFL has different rules than the MLB in their collective bargaining agreement, so the penalty may be harsher.

kjreid

Reaction score
What bothers me the most is that the referees found it at halftime and they should have thrown the flag at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and ejected Brady from the game. I am willing to bet that the "shield" wanted to keep it hush hush until after the game so they could leave Brady out their. the NFL is just as culpible as Brady in this issue.

A

Anonymous

OkieHawk":hzk30uxu said:
SacHawk2.0":hzk30uxu said:

Get with the program, this has already been brought up numerous times in this thread alone. Silly mods.

Okie, do I detect some Mod-envy?

Chawks1

Reaction score
kjreid":12jrjae0 said:
What bothers me the most is that the referees found it at halftime and they should have thrown the flag at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and ejected Brady from the game. I am willing to bet that the "shield" wanted to keep it hush hush until after the game so they could leave Brady out their. the NFL is just as culpible as Brady in this issue.

Except this isn't an instance where a team can be penalized, ejected, or forfeited in a a game situation. This is only punishable by fines, suspensions and draft picks.

Since this is their second offense for skirting the rules under the same coaching staff I am certain fines and suspensions will be delivered here. They lost a first round pick after their last act so maybe they will go down that road again. If this does get tied to Brady I would expect something like a 1 game suspension next year. If Belichick is tied to this I would suspect around a 4 game suspension.

Pats fan1

Reaction score
Belichick basically threw Brady under the bus in the press conference. He said: "Take it up with Brady, he knows more about the footballs than I do."

A

Anonymous

Pats fan1":1itxfvgt said:
Belichick basically threw Brady under the bus in the press conference. He said: "Take it up with Brady, he knows more about the footballs than I do."

Couple this with the John Madden comments and ol' Brady can flip his pillow all he wants, he'll not find a cool side any time soon.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1q8suoma said:
OkieHawk":1q8suoma said:
SacHawk2.0":1q8suoma said:

Okie, do I detect some Mod-envy?

Naw, just deflating Sac's balls a bit for not reading the whole thread.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I just don't buy his explanation.....for someone who controls all aspects of the game....billy would be able to tell someone about the preferred pressure of the game balls...
If we believe he makes the practises as difficult as possible...to focus on ball control. If these issues some how improved this 10 fold, he did something to the only element that is constant...the balls....
I suspect the league brushes this under the carpet and nothing is done to either billy cheat or golden boy brady

Pats fan1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":hrakike7 said:
Pats fan1":hrakike7 said:

Couple this with the John Madden comments and ol' Brady can flip his pillow all he wants, he'll not find a cool side any time soon.

I don't think we should hold Madden's words to anything other than the guy who coached the biggest cheating dirtiest team in NFL history (1970's Raiders) and likes eating turkey.

Also, I doubt Brady really cares...

https://amokmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/gisele-bundchen-tom-brady1.jpg

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Pats fan1":rvsv4f0m said:
HoustonHawk82":rvsv4f0m said:
Pats fan1":rvsv4f0m said:

I don't think we should hold Madden's words to anything other than the guy who coached the biggest cheating dirtiest team in NFL history (1970's Raiders) and likes eating turkey.

takes a cheater to know one right?

Pats fan1

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3mp98xlp said:
Pats fan1":3mp98xlp said:
HoustonHawk82":3mp98xlp said:
Pats fan1":3mp98xlp said:

takes a cheater to know one right?

FudgePacker look you probably been cheated on in the past, it's hard for you. Time to move on buddy.

homerun1970

Reaction score
aawolf":3mgl9zde said:
The appropriate punishment is to do what baseball does to people that cheat in this manner.

Sammy Sosa was suspended 8 games for a corked bat--8 games out of a 162 game season is 4% of games.--4% of an NFL season is 0.6 games--so, offender should be suspended 3 quarters of a regular season game.

Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was suspended 10 games for tar on the baseball per league rules. That's like a one regular season game suspension in the NFL.

Further complicating the matter is that it is unknown who the deflator is...if Belicheck or Brady is the culprit. I'd say Brady, since he touched the ball every down. I'd say a one game suspension to be served in the next regular season and a fine. I don't think this is worthy of losing draft picks. But, the NFL has different rules than the MLB in their collective bargaining agreement, so the penalty may be harsher.

I can't agree Sammy Sosa having a corked bat also only could affect 1 out of 162 games not 1 out of 16. Teams in MLB can come back from 10 or 12 game deficits fairly comon. If you lose 6 for the most part in the NFL you are out of the running unless you happen to have a historically crappy division. The impact is not apples to apples and doesnt take into consideration the Colts dont have another 161 games to make up the loss. No i dont think the colts win that game in any manner regardless but its more intent than impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.