Belicheat confirmed...Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msfann

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2bls3x0r said:
Yeah, the "responses" from the Patriot faithful just seem to indicate that they haven't been doing any reading.

It's pretty clear that the officials checked the balls before the game and released them to the ballboys from the two teams to be taken to the sidelines.

It's pretty clear that the officials were notified during the first half that the Colts believed the Patriots were using under inflated balls.

They decided to check all the balls at half time, 11 of the 12 Patriot balls were underinflated by 2 lbs. The 12th ball and the Colts balls were all fine.

(That and basic math indicates this isn't a weather issue or temperature thing, also can't be defective balls.)

The officials notified the league, re inflated the balls to the correct pressure, and continued the game. It's believed that this was what the league told them to do, as opposed to taking any other action... the only other thing they possibly could have done at the time would be to have declared it a Patriot forfeit.

The Colts have made this allegation before, in November, against the Patriots. The Ravens players also believe that under inflated balls were used in the previous game -- which the Patriots only won by four points.

Now, this part is speculation, but interesting. The Patriots showed a dramatic improvement in fewer drops by receivers from last year to this year... and they had very few running back fumbles as well... and very few QB snap fumbles... the statistics suggest that the cheating might have been going on all year, perhaps even both home and away.

Finally it's very clear both that Brady likes under inflated balls, and that he would have been able to tell the difference. So the idea that there was some strange "Bermuda Ball Bag" that magically and oddly changed the balls to the way Brady likes them... that's just hysterical. Both Brady and the head coach are control freaks, and have a history of cheating and lying about it... this is not going to go away, and the NFL is kind of screwed. If they punish the Patriots before the Super Bowl, it'll taint the game... but god forbid the Patriots win the Super Bowl and then the NFL punishes them...

Very well said!

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Man, I hope some Patriots equipment guy grows a conscience and comes forward with the who, what, when and how. Not to the league, though - they'd probably bury it.

Chawks1

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":1jf2eicd said:
Man, I hope some Patriots equipment guy grows a conscience and comes forward with the who, what, when and how. Not to the league, though - they'd probably bury it.

I'm waiting for the video from TMZ to surface.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
lukerguy":2m5ovbcf said:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12205404

This is stunning to see players react to the difference.

This needs to be broadcast around the Country, its exactly the reason I loved playing with a ball slightly less under inflated, only I never had a pump to deflate any ball while on the sideline.

This is a massive advantage, and calls into question anything the Pats have done this season.

Unreal...

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Msfann":3g5c7bd0 said:
BocciHawk":3g5c7bd0 said:
Yeah, the "responses" from the Patriot faithful just seem to indicate that they haven't been doing any reading.

It's pretty clear that the officials checked the balls before the game and released them to the ballboys from the two teams to be taken to the sidelines.

It's pretty clear that the officials were notified during the first half that the Colts believed the Patriots were using under inflated balls.

They decided to check all the balls at half time, 11 of the 12 Patriot balls were underinflated by 2 lbs. The 12th ball and the Colts balls were all fine.

(That and basic math indicates this isn't a weather issue or temperature thing, also can't be defective balls.)

The officials notified the league, re inflated the balls to the correct pressure, and continued the game. It's believed that this was what the league told them to do, as opposed to taking any other action... the only other thing they possibly could have done at the time would be to have declared it a Patriot forfeit.

The Colts have made this allegation before, in November, against the Patriots. The Ravens players also believe that under inflated balls were used in the previous game -- which the Patriots only won by four points.

Now, this part is speculation, but interesting. The Patriots showed a dramatic improvement in fewer drops by receivers from last year to this year... and they had very few running back fumbles as well... and very few QB snap fumbles... the statistics suggest that the cheating might have been going on all year, perhaps even both home and away.

Finally it's very clear both that Brady likes under inflated balls, and that he would have been able to tell the difference. So the idea that there was some strange "Bermuda Ball Bag" that magically and oddly changed the balls to the way Brady likes them... that's just hysterical. Both Brady and the head coach are control freaks, and have a history of cheating and lying about it... this is not going to go away, and the NFL is kind of screwed. If they punish the Patriots before the Super Bowl, it'll taint the game... but god forbid the Patriots win the Super Bowl and then the NFL punishes them...

Very well said!

Who said that the Colts balls were checked?

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":wwifn945 said:
lukerguy":wwifn945 said:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12205404

This is stunning to see players react to the difference.

I am amazed at the difference after watching this video. We can see why the Pats wanted balls with lower pressure. If proven that they intentionally reduced the pressure, the sanctions ought to be very severe.
Because of the history of the Pats and their present coach cheating in the past, the sanctions ...in my opinion....ought to include an extended time away from the game.

This video/post is worthy of its own thread.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
bostonhardo":3n7fq6pw said:
Msfann":3n7fq6pw said:
BocciHawk":3n7fq6pw said:

Very well said!

Who said that the Colts balls were checked?

ProFootballTalk, Benjamin Albright, and a host of others have already reported that Indy's balls were checked and they were normal.

Also, just using common sense, I highly doubt Indy would complain if they knew their own footballs were deflated lol....

BocciHawk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2wfamc0u said:

No, that's probably exactly what will happen. The Patriots will try to create some sort of fall guy who will claim that he was acting alone. This wouldn't surprise me in the least, although it's preposterous.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3p30sq1d said:
SnoCoHawk":3p30sq1d said:

No, that's probably exactly what will happen. The Patriots will try to create some sort of fall guy who will claim that he was acting alone. This wouldn't surprise me in the least, although it's preposterous.

I think that the word "preposterous" ought to be in all caps! PREPOSTEROUS

hawkfannj

Reaction score
They are not going to do nothing .these are not the droids your looking for .
The haven't done crap really in the past they won't start now . That's why he keeps doing it . It's just at the unreal point ! Just taints the games intergrity but now a days the game in General has no intergrity really at all.

marko358

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1bl6ua3u said:
They are not going to do nothing .these are not the droids your looking for .
The haven't done crap really in the past they won't start now . That's why he keeps doing it . It's just at the unreal point ! Just taints the games intergrity but now a days the game in General has no intergrity really at all.

That would be quite lame if the league served no punishment for cheating but were prepared to suspend Marshawn from the NFCCG for wearing gold shoes.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I don't want the NFL to do anything to New England this season. I want us to beat them without an * beside the win.

But I don't mind if this creates a distraction for them as they prepare for the Super Bowl then the NFL can throw the book at them.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Sherman was asked if he ever has intercepted a deflated football. His response lol:

"I'll have to go back to my collection and check 'em,'

:bow:

2_0_6

Reaction score
huskylawyer":1db330az said:
Sherman was asked if he ever has intercepted a deflated football.

"I'll have to go back to my collection and check 'em,'

:bow:

Husky check your PM's

Rainger

Reaction score
This was most likely ordered by Brady see this from PFT:

Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2015, 7:46 PM EST
images

The week began with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady laughing off the suggestion that the team had deflated footballs used on Sunday against the Colts. When Brady, who said in 2011 that he likes deflated footballs, meets with the media on Friday, he probably won’t be doing much laughing.

He’ll be reacting to a bunch of questions about the situation, and he may specifically be faced with a pointed question regarding the opinions of Hall of Fame coach John Madden.

“That would have to be driven by the quarterback,” Madden told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday. “That’s something that wouldn’t be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback’s idea.”

Madden’s position makes a lot of sense. Quarterbacks are particular about their footballs. Anybody doing anything to the footballs without the quarterback’s knowledge or consent would be asking for a tongue lashing. In Brady’s case, his tongue wouldn’t be needed to formulate the various “F” words that would be hurled at he who messes with the quarterback’s primary tool.

“He is the effected,” Madden said. “He is the only guy. I heard some of the pundits saying the ball is easier to catch, but that would never, ever, ever be done for that unless the quarterback wanted it. You wouldn’t do something for a receiver to catch the ball if the quarterback couldn’t throw it. So it’s going to be done for the quarterback.”

Madden’s compelling, commonsensical take will make the potential conclusion that a ball boy went rogue ring hollow. The ball boy would be going rogue not only against the rules but also against the wishes of the quarterback. So if anyone connected to the Patriots was taking air out of the footballs, Madden’s explanation makes it clear that the quarterback either knew about it and did nothing to stop it — or deliberately requested it.

Chawks1

Reaction score
rainger":wqvz983t said:
This was most likely ordered by Brady see this from PFT:

Posted by Mike Florio on January 21, 2015, 7:46 PM EST
images

The week began with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady laughing off the suggestion that the team had deflated footballs used on Sunday against the Colts. When Brady, who said in 2011 that he likes deflated footballs, meets with the media on Friday, he probably won’t be doing much laughing.

He’ll be reacting to a bunch of questions about the situation, and he may specifically be faced with a pointed question regarding the opinions of Hall of Fame coach John Madden.

“That would have to be driven by the quarterback,” Madden told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday. “That’s something that wouldn’t be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy. Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing. It would have to be the quarterback’s idea.”

Madden’s position makes a lot of sense. Quarterbacks are particular about their footballs. Anybody doing anything to the footballs without the quarterback’s knowledge or consent would be asking for a tongue lashing. In Brady’s case, his tongue wouldn’t be needed to formulate the various “F” words that would be hurled at he who messes with the quarterback’s primary tool.

“He is the effected,” Madden said. “He is the only guy. I heard some of the pundits saying the ball is easier to catch, but that would never, ever, ever be done for that unless the quarterback wanted it. You wouldn’t do something for a receiver to catch the ball if the quarterback couldn’t throw it. So it’s going to be done for the quarterback.”

Madden’s compelling, commonsensical take will make the potential conclusion that a ball boy went rogue ring hollow. The ball boy would be going rogue not only against the rules but also against the wishes of the quarterback. So if anyone connected to the Patriots was taking air out of the footballs, Madden’s explanation makes it clear that the quarterback either knew about it and did nothing to stop it — or deliberately requested it.

Of course Brady knew. He would be the prime beneficiary. It's very simple if they want to get to the truth. Any employer in this country can ask an employee to take a polygraph. Hook the ball boy up and work through the chain of command. If they refuse then can them.

The worst thing the league can do is let the media continue to run with this story. Or even break out a video they got from somewhere. The league needs to get out in front of this and lay down the fines and move on.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
So it looks like Brady has been using WNFL footballs this season; why am I not shocked? In two weeks he gets introduced to the men's department! Good luck with that Brady. I actually feel bad for Patriots fans; I would be mortified if the Seahawks got caught pulling this pansy ass crap!

I loved Russell Wilson's response to a reporter asking if he had a preference on how the football is prepared: "As long as it has laces, I'm good."

Status
Not open for further replies.