Belicheat confirmed...Deflate-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1n3hztgk said:
If you are a QB with small Keebler Elf hands then obviously an underinflated ball helps with the grip, but both Luck & Brady are big guys with large hands. Don't really se how this would benefit strictly the Pats.

Besides, aren't the ball boys employed by the NFL and not by the team?
If only the Patriots' balls were under-inflated, they'd be easier to catch and not pop up in the air as high off of a receiver's hands, by the way. Plus, not be as likely to get popped out from a bone-jarring hit while being carried.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
How many times are they going to let him get away with cheating? Of course they won't find a smoking gun of him giving the order...it'll be blamed on an "overzealous ball boy" or something. Belicheat needs to be suspended for a year - maybe that'll make him think twice.

I assume they'll find a way to cheat in the Super Bowl, too.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2hjwwfzo said:
If you are a QB with small Keebler Elf hands then obviously an underinflated ball helps with the grip, but both Luck & Brady are big guys with large hands. Don't really se how this would benefit strictly the Pats.

Each team has their own footballs. Yeh they might get mixed up and both teams would use the other teams football from time to time but statistically Brady would be using their own footballs more than the other teams. This is flat out cheating to make the ball easier to grip.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":h18wyiew said:
Hawk_Nation":h18wyiew said:

Each team has their own footballs. Yeh they might get mixed up and both teams would use the other teams football from time to time but statistically Brady would be using their own footballs more than the other teams. This is flat out cheating to make the ball easier to grip.

Ahh that makes sense. I thought the ball situation would be similar to the MLB where the umps have total control of them

sc85sis

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1u718jmr said:
Hawk_Nation":1u718jmr said:

Are the balls stamped with the team's logo? I know they are at USC, but that's college. NFL might be different.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
2 pounds PSI on something the volume of a football would make a considerable difference, I imagine.

Sac

Reaction score
In cold weather like New England has, that would make the balls much easier to throw, catch and not fumble.

2_0_6

Reaction score
So 11 of 12 were underinflated for the offense, and one was normal for kickoffs and field goals..

Damn

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
The NFL was threatening to eject ML for wearing gold cleats last game.

An ejection!!!

Surely what has occurred here is a far more serious breach of ethics isn't it?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Is anyone shocked? Belicheck was fined the maximum amount of money and docked draft picks for the spying. He's clearly a great coach, but he also thinks he should be above the rules. He should be suspended for the Superb Owl.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, I guess we know which team America's rooting for now, don't we? Hmm, what flavor will the crowd be now, ESPECIALLY after this?

I think this will end up being a HUGE distraction. Plus, what other tricks does he have? He did the intentionally late, eligible tackle play already...wad blown. And, then he did the whole football shenanigans.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2hmmr5s3 said:
He should be suspended for the Superb Owl.
No!!! Then Pats fans can say we only beat them because they didn't have Belicheat for that game.

Assuming this is confirmed, I'd love to see a year-long "Payton sentence" handed down for the 2015 season, though.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":xymmrvuc said:

It was never about throwing.

It was about catching. It is easier to catch a soft ball in cold conditions.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1nwgr0li said:
Is anyone shocked?
Yeah, I'm shocked. I'm shocked that Belichick made such a rookie mistake of not inflating the balls again to normal PSI levels as soon as the game ended.

I'm not sure he deserves the Emperor Palpatine moniker anymore.

Scottemojo":1nwgr0li said:
Bingo.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Vancanhawksfan":2eqo5kj3 said:
The NFL was threatening to eject ML for wearing gold cleats last game.

An ejection!!!

Surely what has occurred he is a far more serious breach of ethics isn't it?

I saw Bill B touch his junk on Sunday

pehawk

Reaction score
A finesse team that lives on gimmick and skirting the rules, in a SB against the bigger, faster, stronger crew with pretty much 90% of the country rooting them on?

As a Seahawks fan I love this. It can only help.

superdeluxe

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4qawq4vk said:
Sarlacc83":4qawq4vk said:
He should be suspended for the Superb Owl.
No!!! Then Pats fans can say we only beat them because they didn't have Belicheat for that game.

You think Steeler fans care that their super bowl 40 win was a gift wrap from the refs?

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1pbstnhn said:
Hawk_Nation":1pbstnhn said:

It was never about throwing.

NPR has a fantastic article on this from the author of Newton's Football. It's a lot about throwing too. You think an underinflated ball wouldn't have helped a few or Russ's floaters in the wind and train?

Caplan's quoting anon QB's who are saying it's a HUGE advantage to throw an underinflated ball in the wind and rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.