Be Safe Road Hawks...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am very interested in hearing NYCoug's blog report this next week. Getting to know Dave personally, I can say he's a great guy with a good heart and his love for our Seahawks is as strong as any one of ours. Maybe this is the elder protective part of me coming out but I sure hope he - and our fellow travelling 12's - have a safe and happy trip to San Francisco tomorrow.

In all my 38 years of being a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan, I've never truly known what it felt like to be part of a REAL rivalry in the NFL. Sure we had our Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs we liked to hate in the 80's/90's but that hate was rarely reciprocated due to us being a mere after thought in the league. Nothing stings worse than apathy.

Now, we are 50% part of what the NFL considers the newest, most fierce rivalry in the league with the 49ers. Of course, the media loves to trump up the story lines and feed into the hate whether it's real or perceived, but lately, it just seems to me that this rivalry has taken a dark undertone. Maybe I just need to be more thick-skinned, but the way some 49ers fans and even PLAYERS talk, it's pretty disgusting to me. Talk of hoping for serious injury and worse...For cryin' out loud people, it's a GAME not true Life-Or-Death.

It's gotten to the point I am honestly concerned for our player's AND traveling 12's safety tomorrow. Perhaps it's all for naught and as usual it's just talk before a big game but come on...

For all the talk about Seahawks fans being brutal to opponent fans at Century Link (and I have no doubt there are the minority that makes us ALL look bad), I've heard stories coming out of Candlestick and Oakland that make Century Link sound like a giant bible study class by comparison.

At the end of the day I just want all players - including the 49ers - to be safe and injury free come Sunday afternoon. Yes tempers run high and sh*t happens but I hope cooler heads prevail on both the player and fan side of things. Have fun, play your hearts out, talk your smack in the stands, but go home in one piece.

Is that too much to ask?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You have to go with your first thought. We are in an actual for real rivalry for the first time in franchise history. I lived in San Francisco during the Montana/Young era and the rivalry with Dallas and the Giants but especially Dallas was fun to see firsthand even for an outsider like myself.

The thuggery is an outlier perpetuated by a tiny minority, the vast majority of actual 49er fans are just you and me. Normal well adjusted people.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You have to go with your first thought. We are in an actual for real rivalry for the first time in franchise history. I lived in San Francisco during the Montana/Young era and the rivalry with Dallas and the Giants but especially Dallas was fun to see firsthand even for an outsider like myself.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3kp35ql3 said:
The thuggery is an outlier perpetuated by a tiny minority, the vast majority of actual 49er fans are just you and me. Normal well adjusted people.

1st.. I love the word thuggery, you should copyright it :)
Second..... I"m in 100% agreement with this... most of us are just normal fans. not the freaky drunk guy and his buddy throwing crap and talking smack.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm about to leave work and I just bought my ticket for the game. UB29 (Earl Thomas), B3. This was a nice message to read before I head out the door to Newark airport with San Francisco in sight. Thanks Todd, I feel better already...

Ain't nobody gonna stop us. That doesn't mean that I'm gonna be an idiot though. I just want to escape the state of California with a victory and my life. I fly back early Monday morning. I'm literally going there to watch this game, get the W, probably sleep at the airport, and head back home. I can't wait!

GO Hawks! You're the man Todd!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If I could I would.:)

I extrapolated from the word Thuggee some kind of Asian Indian mystical group.I was hoping it was an actual word.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I've been to five Hawk games at that toilet they call Candlestick and I've never had a problem. I cheer when the hawks are doing well and shut my trap when they're not. If you don't act like a Harbaugh and bring an inordinate amount of attention to yourself you will be fine. Just like at CenturyLink. People talk tough on the internet, they won't do shit in real life.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawks4thewin":1tnlbl7v said:
Second..... I"m in 100% agreement with this... most of us are just normal fans. not the freaky drunk guy and his buddy throwing crap and talking smack.

I agree with this. However, it doesn't ease my mind when we all know it just takes that ONE douchebag fan or player that has hate in their heart and wants revenge for us taking the bag of success from out from under them.

Yes, yes, yes, I get that this could be ANY team and ANY fanbase I am talking about here but there's this dark undertone I've been sensing lately that I can't shake. Again, this could all be due to being a NEWB when it comes to being a fan of a REAL NFL rivalry but...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NYCoug":82epj0ax said:
I'm about to leave work and I just bought my ticket for the game. UB29 (Earl Thomas), B3. This was a nice message to read before I head out the door to Newark airport with San Francisco in sight. Thanks Todd, I feel better already...

Ain't nobody gonna stop us. That doesn't mean that I'm gonna be an idiot though. I just want to escape the state of California with a victory and my life. I fly back early Monday morning. I'm literally going there to watch this game, get the W, probably sleep at the airport, and head back home. I can't wait!

GO Hawks! You're the man Todd!

Just be safe and enjoy what should be another championship week! Here's to 12-1!

Zorn76

Reaction score
I live an hour south of SF, and have been to several Seahawk/49er games, though none since '07.

Basically, you'll be fine. It helps if you don't engage idiots, no matter what they say, though sometimes it can't be helped, lol. SF has also bumped up security ( some in the stands dressed in opposing fan jerseys), and you can expect it to be even more for this game. Still, it doesn't hurt to travel in pairs wherever you go once you're inside.

The place is a dump, really. The city itself is cool, but Candlestick straight up sucks. Anybody who planned on going to this game but had to cancel isn't missing anything. For 12's that are going to this game, try taking public transportation to the stadium. Otherwise it takes, literally, a couple hours to get out of the lot(s) if you drive, and they aren't as tolerant to post game tailgating like they used to be.

Here's a link for traveling options...http://www.transitunlimited.org/Candlestick_Park

The new (Levi's) stadium in Santa Clara (next to San Jose) is going to be much better, starting next year. It won't be next to a ghetto (Candlestick is really in south SF, bordering on a dump neighborhood called Bayview-Hunter's Point), and will be much easier to both arrive and leave from. It also is going to be miles ahead in terms of a viewing experience.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Aros":4sw1wlk0 said:
hawks4thewin":4sw1wlk0 said:

I agree with this. However, it doesn't ease my mind when we all know it just takes that ONE douchebag fan or player that has hate in their heart and wants revenge for us taking the bag of success from out from under them.

Yes, yes, yes, I get that this could be ANY team and ANY fanbase I am talking about here but there's this dark undertone I've been sensing lately that I can't shake. Again, this could all be due to being a NEWB when it comes to being a fan of a REAL NFL rivalry but...
Trust our team to go 1-0 and your fellow 12's to be people and act with class. It's been my experience most fanbases do 2 and 3 IRL.

Largent80

Reaction score
Zorn76":2t4ad7iq said:
I live an hour south of SF, and have been to several Seahawk/49er games, though none since '07.

Basically, you'll be fine. It helps if you don't engage idiots, no matter what they say, though sometimes it can't be helped, lol. SF has also bumped up security ( some in the stands dressed in opposing fan jerseys), and you can expect it to be even more for this game. Still, it doesn't hurt to travel in pairs wherever you go once you're inside.

The place is a dump, really. The city itself is cool, but Candlestick straight up sucks. Anybody who planned on going to this game but had to cancel isn't missing anything. For 12's that are going to this game, try taking public transportation to the stadium. Otherwise it takes, literally, a couple hours to get out of the lot(s) if you drive, and they aren't as tolerant to post game tailgating like they used to be.

Pretty much THIS^....Just be cool.

hoxrox

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":29m6972c said:
People talk tough on the internet, they won't do shit in real life.

Well there has been a couple stabbings there in recent years.

Brass-Knuckles

Reaction score
Be careful ya'll..steer clear of the crazy people.. there will be lot of them out there...try to ignore them and walk away..it's not worth it

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Brass-Knuckles":o5lbo14p said:
Be careful ya'll..steer clear of the crazy people.. there will be lot of them out there...try to ignore them and walk away..it's not worth it

Now that's just straight-up good life advice. For reals. :thirishdrinkers:

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Thanks, mouth shut and head on a swivel.

Although on a funny note I saw Michael Bennett at the Westin last night and he denied being Michael Bennett and being a seahawk. In retrospect I should of said hey your Russell Wilson....