At least we didn’t embarrass ourselves

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sucks we gave up all those points in the 4th. We had ‘em.

I hate that we lost but thank god we didn’t look like hot garbage on national TV. Moral victories? Meh. This team is not horrible. Just not a contender this year.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I went into the game rooting for Dallas to win, because that helps the Rams.

I hate Dallas. I didn’t want to root for them. It’s a necessity.

During the game, Hawks played better. Your team not only didn’t embarrass themselves - you were the better team playing.

It was frustrating!

So not the beat down that’s been promoted, even on here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

I hate that we lost but thank god we didn’t look like hot garbage on national TV. Moral victories? Meh. This team is not horrible. Just not a contender this year.
At least it was a ball game, and against one of the hottest teams in the NFL. The W slipped, but it was a good palate cleanser after weeks of eating crap.

RedAlice

Reaction score
At least it was a ball game, and against one of the hottest teams in the NFL. The W slipped, but it was a good palate cleanser after weeks of eating crap.

Good perspective.

I felt like that kinda with the Rams loss to the Niners.

LTH

Reaction score

I'm bummed... lol my dearly departed grandpa used to say the great thing about football is there is always next week and if you are good you can always talk your self into the team winning next week and if your lucky they might just win! Lol it was kinda how he said it that made it special.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Good perspective.

I felt like that kinda with the Rams loss to the Niners.
I've reminded myself a lot that these Pete teams are what made me love football. Chaotic, weird, and usually in the vast majority of games. When that gets stripped away for a stretch, which it hasn't much in the past decade, you really realize how much you miss the feeling of "hey, a good game, we've really got a chance" and the emotional highs and lows of being in a knockout fight until the end.

That rush is what makes the game interesting. Doesn't work without risk. Not that I mind a blowout win, but the mindset of striving to be in important and tense situations and embracing that sort of tempestuous rope-walk has taught me a lot about what my passions are as an individual. We want that action, boss.

RiverDog

Reaction score

This team is a typical mediocre, .500ish, one and done playoff team that has become a pattern for Pete Carroll.

James in PA

Reaction score
Can this team ever just put a complete game together? Like ever? The offense finally shows up and balls out only to have the D completely $h!ts the bed! I am so sick of this crap! This is poor coaching, all day, every day! And it starts with the gum-murdering old man.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
This was probably the most entertaining game of the year. The refball killed a lot of that and the def didn't make one game changing play but I really thought we wouldn't score 13 pts. It was a fun watch but I dont think this loss is gonna be easy to overcome especially vs Philly next week.

Anyone still want to replace DK with Bobo????

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
This game had my heart rate up all game. For the love of Pete, we scored 3x just to get 7 points on the board. JSN ROCKED, DK AWESOME, we even had TE working it. Lockett's drops were killers. I think Charb found his grove about the time he got injured. That killed the game.

Fun to watch. Sad at the final score.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I loved Charbs coming out of college. Now, I'm a bit lukewarm on him. I think he needs to add more bulk if he wants to be the power back he aspires to. Right now, he is a little on the light side, and a little small.

Eat a few hundred gallons of ice cream in the off season and he should be good to go.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

True. They were competitive. However, if the defense and Jason Myers had shown up the results may have been different. The defense and Myers should be embarrassed.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I’m probably in the minority here but although we played well offensively I just hate watching games that are dominated by officiating. This game could have been fun to watch but every play you had to hold your breath and wait for the flag to come out. It almost makes the game unwatchable.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah the officiating is way out of control. They should be in the background, making proper calls, not the story of the game.

I also want to speak on the fact that we seem to be allergic to putting a great game together in all 3 phases. One week the offense stinks, and the defense does well. Another week it's vice versa. Another week the special teams stinks, or does well. Sigh.

I get that every team has talent and the margin between teams is actually minimal talent-wise, but dammit. A couple plays here and there and we are 7-5 today, puffing our chests out a little.

Sigh.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I still think they got good in the draft and it is taking a season to season these young lads. Some is working just fine, some is not. And yes I wore my emotions on my sleeve as long as I could watch the game which ended during the third quarter. Such is life. I still got my beauty rest......but it did not work.

pmedic920

Reaction score

It was a great showing by our squad.

It my opinion that if the game had been officiated with an ounce of integrity and accuracy we would have easily won that game.

Officiating was terrible on both sides, but we certainly got the crappy end of the stick.