Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Jaguars)

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Two wins against teams over the .500 mark.

Football Outsiders have them ranked 23rd on defense against the run. This spells a big day for RW. They're ranked 20th in overall Offense. Somehow I don't see this team giving Seattle the fits everyone thinks they will.

I predict that Mike Davis has his first (of many) 100yd game in the NFL. He'll be running on grass, back in SEC land, it's as close to home as he'll likely play this season and it's time to show Momma what he can do in the NFL.

35-6

Seahawks win

mistaowen

Reaction score
They can be run on and have no passing game. Shut down Fournette who is injured, make Bortles have to throw, win the game.

23-10 Hawks

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Expecting a butt ugly defensive slugfest that could easily go either way.

Hawks 13
Jags 10

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3e3wqrpv said:
Two wins against teams over the .500 mark.

Football Outsiders have them ranked 23rd on defense against the run. This spells a big day for RW. They're ranked 20th in overall Offense. Somehow I don't see this team giving Seattle the fits everyone thinks they will.

I predict that Mike Davis has his first (of many) 100yd game in the NFL. He'll be running on grass, back in SEC land, it's as close to home as he'll likely play this season and it's time to show Momma what he can do in the NFL.

35-6

Seahawks win

We're 22nd in rush DVOA, so we don't really have an advantage there. Take away Russ runs and I wouldn't be surprised if we were 30th or worse. If Mike Davis had a 100 yard rushing game, it would be a beautiful miracle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Both defenses are great. The Jags can't throw. The Seahawks can't run. May come down to more Russ magic and *gulp* Blair Walsh's leg

Seahawks 16
Jaggywires 9

Eddie Lacy: 2 carries, 0 yards

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It's gonna be ugly...really ugly.. they have a great d but they have bottles. Our d will have to setup up and Russ has to be Russ. We get it done 13-10.

Ytd 8-4

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Seahawks 31, Jags 17. in a game that is not as close as the score may indicate, with the Jags scoring a late TD.

'cause every game now is a championship game & the Seahawks own December & know how to get it done. Playoff experience is an often overlook factor and the Seahawks have that in spades. RW for MVP, Wags for DPOY......
:smilingalien:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Entirely Fearful Prediction: Jags 24, 'Hawks 13. Seattle comes out limp on the road after an emotional win at home.

Having found an offensive rhythm, Bevell, for no reason, changes course; the defense gives up ridiculous 3rds and long late in the game; and Wilson refuses to run, holds the ball too long, and takes five sacks.

I'll be watching and rooting and tucking in my bib to feast on crow. Please, Largent, let me be wrong.

RussB

Reaction score
Seahawks arent losing to bortles.It will be a defensive battle for a bit though but hawks pull away in the second half.

Hawks 24
Jags 10

original poster

Reaction score
If you can say, with a straight face, that Russ is going to let BLAKE BORTLES beat him you must be a sandwich short of a picnic.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I can't doubt them in this game. Bev called a solid game, the strategy was perfect and focused on our strengths and there weaknesses for the eagles. Russ played lights out and the new guys stepped the hell up.

Will they do it back to back? A few weeks ago I would have had little confidence they would but it's December and we are looking at only a possibility of a wild card spot if we don't bring it every week. I like the way tis team plays when backed up against a wall, so I have them taking this one.

Weird thing is I don't know how. It could easily be a domination of scoring offense or a defensive battle with field goals deciding it. After this game I will be more in tune with where we are in all phases, but right now I'm going middle of the road.

Hawks 23
Jags 17

original poster

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1xesr7gs said:
I can't doubt them in this game. Bev called a solid game, the strategy was perfect and focused on our strengths and there weaknesses for the eagles. Russ played lights out and the new guys stepped the hell up.

Will they do it back to back? A few weeks ago I would have had little confidence they would but it's December and we are looking at only a possibility of a wild card spot if we don't bring it every week. I like the way tis team plays when backed up against a wall, so I have them taking this one.

Weird thing is I don't know how. It could easily be a domination of scoring offense or a defensive battle with field goals deciding it. After this game I will be more in tune with where we are in all phases, but right now I'm going middle of the road.

Hawks 23
Jags 17

I agree Johnny, it could go a couple of ways. I wouldn't be surprised to see a total blow out of the Jags but I wouldn't be too shocked to see a 1 TD and a couple of field goals type game.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
original poster":1fwcg19g said:
If you can say, with a straight face, that Russ is going to let BLAKE BORTLES beat him you must be a sandwich short of a picnic.

Russ is better than Bortles by a mile.

But... Russ has absolutely no direct bearing on Bortle's play and vice versa. They don't play each other.

Their Defense just may put the brakes on RW's MVP season... but I have more confidence that we'll make life very hard for Bortles.

Hawks: 16
Jags:13

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should be a snot knocker on Sunday. 2 hard hitting defenses going at it, both at 8-4 w/plenty to play for. Stoked for this one. Bortles is pretty weak, hopefully we get the bad Bortles :lol:

Hawks win a close one 16-13

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Zeearend":2lwiqntv said:
Close contest, but Blair Walsh saves the day.

Hawks 16
Jags 13

RTD 4-2

By saves the day, you mean let’s John Ryan placekick?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I just get the feeling that the Hawks won't be letting off anymore this year. They're focused and have their eyes on the prize. We've been here before (5 years in a row) and the Jags are in rarified air by having a winning record this far into the season, much like the Eagles were. They held the #1 offense to 10 points, and Bortles is no Wentz. Far from a letdown, I'm seeing our dominance continuing.

Hawks - 23

Jags - 13

adeltaY

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":116m1ygf said:
Entirely Fearful Prediction: Jags 24, 'Hawks 13. Seattle comes out limp on the road after an emotional win at home.

Having found an offensive rhythm, Bevell, for no reason, changes course; the defense gives up ridiculous 3rds and long late in the game; and Wilson refuses to run, holds the ball too long, and takes five sacks.

I'll be watching and rooting and tucking in my bib to feast on crow. Please, Largent, let me be wrong.

Oh man if Blake Bortles conversation multiple third and longs on us..... There are no words