Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Green Bay)

rjas77

Reaction score
TasteTheBeastmode":32g20xbz said:
My prediction: Erin works with a short field all day and hard counts his way to a first down any time he really needs it.

Green Bay 27

Seattle 17

Agreed

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1g95d5z5 said:
chris98251":1g95d5z5 said:
seahawkfreak":1g95d5z5 said:
chris98251":1g95d5z5 said:
We have been doing these for as long as I can remember, we have hundreds of threads a week discussing a lot of aspects of teams games and what if's, this is one where we try not to piss in each others coffee, now do you want decaf or regular blend?

Riiiiiiiight. By all means pick your team to lose. Piss in your own coffee I like mine with some nice Coffee Mate and some good expectation that my favorite team is going to win.

Thinking your team might lose is different than picking them to lose. By picking our team to lose you have signed away all doubt. You pick your team to lose you are not a true competitor, simple as that.

Yea well we all don't see things in Rose Colored Glasses, expectations are fine, reality is harsher and more practical, If you go to the Horse Racing Track or Vegas expecting to fleece the house every time I would think you would also be disappointed.

Many see things as a balance and counterbalance in the game and some weigh towards Green Bay or whoever is the opponent just like the House is favored on most bets placed, and they post their prognosis based on that.

Enjoy your ground Horse Hooves with flavor additives by the way.

I think you both are right, it's just a different mindset that people have or don't. For some people it makes the game more enjoyable to root for your team at all times, for others it's more fun to be surprised when their teams win a game they were expecting them to lose because of the level of competition. Neither mindset is wrong, we are all rooting for the hawks in our own ways.

Appreciate the sentiment, opinion and agree. Obviously this is something that is better off discussing face to face and not in written form. This is a subject that I find taboo in fandom and some others do not.

This is macro and micro thinking. I do not think that Seattle is going to win every game in the season (Macro). I do however, go into every game watching and expecting/hoping for us to win under certain strategic conditions (Micro).

Hate the guy that likes walking into a room saying, "I knew they were going to lose" (or vise versa). Yeah, no you didn't shut up. You put, "had a feeling" or "didn't have much hope" with some reasoning and sound points that seems cogent to me.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Picking games is predicated on who you think will win, not who you would prefer to see win. It's no deeper or more complicated than that at all.

I think we lose 24-20 and this forum will be a minefield for a week.

Doesn't make me any less a "true fan" than the guy that feels obligated to pick the Seahawks every week to affirm his fanhood, just more pragmatic.

ptisme

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":193utxc7 said:
I will be there...leaving friday so I can watch the thursday night game at home. So my score is a little bit closer...he he h

Seattle 24-GreenBay 21.
Welcome to WI.... Where are you staying?

ptisme

Reaction score
I don't see either team being able to run on the other. So it comes down to quarterback play and turnovers. Rodgers doesn't make mistakes, esp at home. 27-24 Packers.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
If you look at stats alone from the game last year you would think the Seahawks won. They were plus in TOP, firstdowns, rushing yards and total yards. THE difference was turning the ball over six times, including three straight drives with an i-n-t. The Packers did not have a turnover. Last year game time temp was about 30 degrees and the field was sloppy. This time it looks like perfect conditions for football, high 60s, sunny and no wind.

Russell is healthy, Earl is back and the offensive line at least looks to be competent enough. Lacy-Rawls-Prosise and maybe a bit of Carson if Rawls can't go, should be effective. Our D line is now the best in the NFL, the Packers o-line lost all pro guard TJ Lang who started all 16 games for them last year. It will interesting to see how Griffin fares for us and how Kevin King fares against Russell. If we avoid turnovers, the better team wins. The Seahawks are better.

Seahawks 24
Packers 20

ptisme

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":2s843xxp said:
If you look at stats alone from the game last year you would think the Seahawks won. They were plus in TOP, firstdowns, rushing yards and total yards. THE difference was turning the ball over six times, including three straight drives with an i-n-t. The Packers did not have a turnover. Last year game time temp was about 30 degrees and the field was sloppy. This time it looks like perfect conditions for football, high 60s, sunny and no wind.

Russell is healthy, Earl is back and the offensive line at least looks to be competent enough. Lacy-Rawls-Prosise and maybe a bit of Carson if Rawls can't go, should be effective. Our D line is now the best in the NFL, the Packers o-line lost all pro guard TJ Lang who started all 16 games for them last year. It will interesting to see how Griffin fares for us and how Kevin King fares against Russell. If we avoid turnovers, the better team wins. The Seahawks are better.

Seahawks 24
Packers 20
Then you'd better win. I couldn't imagine better football conditions than what we had the last time we met for a December game at Lambeau (I was there). The Winner of this likely determines where this game potentially could be held in January. You think December and 30 degrees was bad???

kf3339

Reaction score
I have us winning 27-13. Just don't see them running the ball at all, and our pass rush will get to and harass Rogers all game long.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1282qkpd said:
I expect Erin's shit eating grin to fully transform into a frown that will make Jay Buttler look like Ronald McDonald on pure MDMA by the middle of the 3rd quarter! This Saturday can't go by fast enough!!!

Nothing like a play that Denver had at the beginning of SB48 to change a QB's attitude.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fellas I have good news and bad news.

The good news?

Emmy-Winning show Inside The NFL Hosts Phil Simms, Boomer Esiason and Ray Lewis all pick Seattle to beat Green Bay.

The bad news?

All three picked the Patriots to beat the Chiefs.

ONeill-Blog-Pic.png

ptisme

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":17h8yrjs said:
hgwellz12":17h8yrjs said:
I expect Erin's shit eating grin to fully transform into a frown that will make Jay Buttler look like Ronald McDonald on pure MDMA by the middle of the 3rd quarter! This Saturday can't go by fast enough!!!

Nothing like a play that Denver had at the beginning of SB48 to change a QB's attitude.
I keep staring at your avatar.. Sorry...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1ya6kqdy said:
Picking games is predicated on who you think will win, not who you would prefer to see win. It's no deeper or more complicated than that at all.

Doesn't make me any less a "true fan" than the guy that feels obligated to pick the Seahawks every week to affirm his fanhood, just more pragmatic.

And there is the straw man. Fine you are a true Seahawk fan. How about this,,,pick us to lose and I say you are not a very good one. There is a median between "rose colored glasses" and "pessimist". You want to pick us to lose, fine, don't bother watching the game because,,,,,,,,,,,, obviously you know what is probably going to happen so why bother putting yourself through the misery. If you are a "true fan" why would you put yourself through that?

True fans go through misery when we lose.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1waxzfih said:
c_hawkbob":1waxzfih said:

And there is the straw man. Fine you are a true Seahawk fan. How about this,,,pick us to lose and I say you are not a very good one. There is a median between "rose colored glasses" and "pessimist". You want to pick us to lose, fine, don't bother watching the game because,,,,,,,,,,,, obviously you know what is probably going to happen so why bother putting yourself through the misery. If you are a "true fan" why would you put yourself through that?

True fans go through misery when we lose.

Wow. I've never seen anybody get so uptight about something like this. If you feel like your team isnt going to win then your not a very good fan? Should all Browns and Jet fans pick their team to win every week? As a fan, I want to watch the game and be surprised and proven wrong. I'll be cheering for them. When you pick who is going to win, there are factors taken into consideration. The factors for me were the teams history of starting out slow, the teams less than stellar away performances, how we play on grass (slow), the other teams talent, and of course the biggest one is that the Packers spanked us last season. Thats why I picked them to lose. Do I think that Seattle can win? Of course. Would I be surprised if they do? Not at all. Will I be upset and angry for a week if we do lose? You bet. Am I any less of a fan due to all of this. Not on your life.

ptisme

Reaction score
With Bulaga out, Michael Bennett has three sacks. Rodgers doesn't finish the game....

Latest posts