Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Eagles)

endzorn

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to be played at Seattle's pace more than Philly's.
Seattle 23 Philly 20

I also think Arizona has been written off by people here, but they have a home win against KC coming today.
Cards 17 Chiefs 13

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OrFan":xpf4u27q said:
......Funny how the people who's opinions I agree with on a pretty regular basis tend to pick very close.
:13:

endzorn":xpf4u27q said:
I also think Arizona has been written off by people here, but they have a home win against KC coming today.
Cards 17 Chiefs 13
Wouldn't surprise me at all man. I predicted KC to win a close one in the NFC West thread, but Cards D could lead them to a win for sure.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
24....uhs
21....dems.

I cooked up a bit of elk fingersteaks last night. Good tasting stuff. Gonna heat up the leftovers and some pizza for the game.
Go Hawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
eaglesrule":1xy4zshx said:
MizzouHawkGal":1xy4zshx said:
I want to say 24-20 Seahawks but then I remember how easily San Francisco handled them.. ..

Seahawks 27
Eagles 10

Record YTD 9-3

? In SanFran, and they only won by 5, with the Eagles being stopped at the 1 at the end of the game... is that 'handled'?
They embarrassed them, all of Philadelphia's scores were on special teams which never should be counted on. Any weird way to score on ST's happened for Philadelphia that day, combined with the fact that San Francisco just sat on the ball and dared Philadelphia to move the ball (they couldn't).

fef

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1x2muirq said:
eaglesrule":1x2muirq said:
MizzouHawkGal":1x2muirq said:
I want to say 24-20 Seahawks but then I remember how easily San Francisco handled them.. ..

Seahawks 27
Eagles 10

Record YTD 9-3

? In SanFran, and they only won by 5, with the Eagles being stopped at the 1 at the end of the game... is that 'handled'?
They embarrassed them, all of Philadelphia's scores were on special teams which never should be counted on. Any weird way to score on ST's happened for Philadelphia that day, combined with the fact that San Francisco just sat on the ball and dared Philadelphia to move the ball (they couldn't).

If i remember right, the Eagles played that game with their 2nd and 3rd string O line and people playing out of the ordinary positions. It was kind of a mess. I wouldn't use that as a benchmark to guage offensive performance. Defensive and Special teams, sure... but not offensive. It was kind of a mess.

fef

Reaction score
Tokadub":30d82vzt said:
This is an amazing match-up stylistically. The Eagles Offensive philosophy is completely opposite of what teams have been trying to do against us all year.

I think that their fast paced Offense with a ton of pass attempts is a disaster waiting to happen against the Seahawks, it's probably the worst strategy imaginable. Maybe they will try to focus even more on running the ball to make things easier for Sanchez? They are a pretty balanced offense ranked 5th in passing yards and 6th in rushing yards...

I'm just not sure about their strategy to go fast paced with presumably more of a focus on the running game against us... if we can stop them just a few times early in the game they might realize how much time we are killing with our drives and how their Defense is getting gassed. They could find themselves in a situation where they are forced to throw the ball if we take a 2 score lead and then Sanchez could really make things messy for them.

No matter how I think about the Eagle's Offense I just don't see their strategy working against the Seahawks unless we totally poop the bed like against the Chargers or Dallas which I don't see happening after our last 2 games. To me it seems like the Eagles need to abandon their fast paced style and play a more cautious, methodical, time of possession war.

I am very interested to see if they do slow down their pace (which to me seems like the only way they would have a chance), or if Chip Kelly is so foolishly confident/arrogant that he will try to force his style against us even though it contradicts all common sense against our Defense (for what most likely results in an embarrassing beat down exposing his Offense).

The least amount of points the Eagles have scored this year is 20 against Arizona and Green Bay. They also scored 21 against San Fransisco. I believe the Seahawks Defense in their current form are far superior to any of those 3 teams so I must conclude the Eagles will score less than 20 points.

Common Opponents: Packers, Redskins, Cowboys, Rams, Panthers, Giants, Cardinals, 49ers

Points scored against common opponents:

Seahawks = 201 points (25.125 points a game)
Eagles = 237 points (29.625 points a game)

Points allowed against common opponents:

Seahawks = 123 points (15.375 points a game)
Eagles = 196 points (24.5 points a game)

Average score against common opponents:

Seahawks win 25-15 (+10 margin of victory)
Eagles win 30-25 (+5 margin of victory)

Notice how on average the Seahawks score 25 points, that is the exact amount the Eagles allow.

On average the Eagles score 30 points, which is twice as much as the Seahawks allow.

I must conclude that the Seahawks are the better team based on common opponents (among many other factors). The Seahawks margin of victory is twice as big.

According to this common opponent data, mathematically the score would be 25-23 in favor of the Seahawks.

But when factoring in the Seahawks 5 point advantage in margin of victory and converting that into the average outcome of 25-23 you get something along the lines of 28-21, 27-20, 24-17, 23-16 etc...

No matter how you wanna slice this data it seems like Seahawks should win by 7.

However at the end of the day you can't always rely on pure mathematical statistics to determine the outcome of such a complex game. Although any of those scores are probably very good picks I think the way the Seahawks Defense is playing right now and facing a questionable error-prone QB like Sanchez... I think we win by even a larger margin than all my nerdy math stuff would predicate.

FINAL PREDICTION:

Seahawks win 30-17!

Record: 7-4 (missed Oakland prediction)

As an Eagles fan, i don't think they'll slow down the offense at all. If anything, they may try to play even faster. The offense moves faster with Sanchez as QB as he doesn't seem to be waiting as long for downfield plays to develop. I believe they average 21 seconds per play on the year, but they were about 16-20 on most drives last week.

Also, I'm not sure where all this talk about the Eagles D getting tired out as the game wears on has came from. The eagles D actually has given up less points in the second half of the game than they do in the first half of the game. And that's including a couple of blow out games where some lackadasial doesn't really matter touchdowns were scored at the end of the game by the opposition. They are in extremely good shape and are used to losing the time of posession 'battle' - though I don't know if it can be called a battle when the eagles don't even care.

The eagles offense plays fast, yes, which puts their D on the field often, yes, but the eagles D actually is ranked 1st or 2nd I believe in terms of opposing time of posession - they hold opponents drives to a 2:20 average drive. They force a lot of 3 and outs, a lot of turnovers, and they get the ball back quickly.

I'm really curious to see what that number is vs the Hawks, as the hawks love to control the clock and keep the ball as long as they can.

Should be a great matchup. Assuming the better version of both teams shows up today. :th2thumbs:

eaglesrule

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1ooizhzm said:
eaglesrule":1ooizhzm said:
MizzouHawkGal":1ooizhzm said:

Seahawks 27
Eagles 10

Record YTD 9-3

Oh, i forgot that blocked punts and PR for TDs by the leagues best ST unit dont count. Thanks for the education.

and our O looked out of sorts the entire 1st half....maybe part of that was that our ST and D kept scoring which kept our O off the field for most of the 1st half.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Congrats to suppaball on the correct pick and bonus points!

.net pick the score to be updated as we speak!!!!

Prizes have been decided for top 3 places!!!

If your wondering what I'm talking about click the link in my sig!

Latest posts