Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Falcons @ Seahawks)

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Graham leads all receivers in targets, catches and yards. CMike blasts hard for 140+ on 24+ carries, finally balanced between running left and right of C Britt this time, scores one of three Hawks TD's.

Hawks 23
Falcons 17

YTD 3-1

Erebus

Reaction score
Hawks 30
Falcons 21

Although its not a prime time game, this feels a lot like the MNF game against the Saints in 2013. All we heard up until that point was that we hadn't faced a good QB like Brees, and he was going to tear us up. Didn't quite turn out that way.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Atlanta's defense has given up 14 receiving touchdowns this season.

They have given up 140 points in 5 games.

I like Russell's chances.

Hawks - 34

Falcons - 23

3 -1

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NINEster":qpwoqihl said:
Falcons 16, Seahawks 13

The Falcons defense couldn't hold this offense to 13 points in the middle of Hurricane Matthew.

That "impressive" win they had last Sunday sure doesn't look as impressive today either.

fuego

Reaction score
Why do you guys keep putting your picking record? All you're doing is picking the Seahawks every time, and your picking record is their record. Hilarious. lol.

SeaChat

Reaction score
This is going to be a Seahawk classic, where they keep us on the edges of our seat thruout, but make no mistake about it, the Seahawks will leave the field with a win. My prediction is that while Russell and our offense will do well, our defense will be the ones who will clinch the win for us on turnovers. They are back firing on all 8 again, and that is when the Hawks find themselves super bowl bound. 34 to 19 Seahawks.

Been almost a week since posting this prediction, it looks like I wasn't too far off as far as the defense stepping up and being the game changer for us on Sunday.
Although in this post I was pretty far-fetched on my scores predictions. I did drop back in at a different point on this same thread before game time, and quoted in another post similar to my own who predicted 24-27 Seahawks winning agreeing that score was probably more realistic.
If our defense continues to play like they have the last 3 games, improving with each game, I have little to no doubt that we are headed back to another Super Bowl. The 12 need to get their act together and get fired up on the field like they have in years past, amazing what an effect that kind of love has on our Hawk players, a lot of those guys will give you everything they have to try and deliver a win to us.

fuego

Reaction score
Win percentage of defeated opponents...

Just an FYI:

Win percentage of defeated opponents:

Falcons .555

MIN .478

PIT .444

OAK .368

DAL .350

PHI .333

DEN .333

NE .300

SEA .200

Rob12

Reaction score
fuego":2twsu8b6 said:
Win percentage of defeated opponents...

Just an FYI:

Win percentage of defeated opponents:

Falcons .555

MIN .478

PIT .444

OAK .368

DAL .350

PHI .333

DEN .333

NE .300

SEA .200

Your point? You can only play the teams that you're scheduled to play. I don't see at all how your post is relevant. Let's take it back three years or more and compare winning percentages. The core of this team is still present. Your team started 5-0 last season and then took a dump for the rest of the season. Maybe that won't be the case this year but until you prove it, your team won't get much respect around here and rightfully so.

You're in our house, and the weather could be an issue. It's going to be insanely loud. Good luck.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
fuego":1yw5lp2u said:
Why do you guys keep putting your picking record? All you're doing is picking the Seahawks every time, and your picking record is their record. Hilarious. lol.

Not all of us. I'm at 1-3.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The Falcons offense is built on yards after catch (just like the 2013 Broncos) which plays right into Seattle's hands.

Seahawks 43 Falcons 8.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see the hawks show up looking totally unprepared to start the game like they often do under PC. Coming off a bye, playing in garbage weather...its a bad mix. They may look horrendous to start the game. If they let the falcons get up by too much they are in trouble.

Hawks 27, Falcons 24

ball4life34

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1lse7cw7 said:
NINEster":1lse7cw7 said:
Falcons 16, Seahawks 13

The Falcons defense couldn't hold this offense to 13 points in the middle of Hurricane Matthew.

That "impressive" win they had last Sunday sure doesn't look as impressive today either.
That awful defense has shut down the Carolina and Denver offense the last two weeks.