Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Packers)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
This a tale of two teams and not the ones wearing the shitty green and yellow. Imo Seahawks can win. However they are going to have show up in the first half on offense. The D will need to stop Jones who imo is the biggest part of the offense. I hope Brown and Iaputi are back. Not going to be easy but I am guessing itll either be a close call win for our team or a blowout for the other side if the wrong Seahawks team shows up. I dont predict losses against our team in the playoffs. If the Vikings and seahawks win I will sell both nuts to go to the next game!

24-23 Seahawks advance

Ytd 11-5
Playoffs 1-0

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sunday we will see Ifedi, Iupati and Beastmode in Seahawk uniforms for the final time. I think we lose this one, and frankly, it's going to be ugly.

Hawks: 20
Packers: 31

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Unfortunately all I can picture is Rodgers to Adams all day long. Devante will have over 100 yards receiving and at least 1 TD. Hawks will play from behind the entire game and come up short.

GB - 26
Hawks - 17

evergreen

Reaction score
Man some of you guys are dwelling on the negative. We both played the 49ers. We played them twice and damn near beat them twice. They got completely embarrassed by them on SNF. 'Seem like paper tigers. Remember we gave away two tds to the Ravens and lost by two tds. We're not making all those game losing plays we were to NO and Ravens.
Are you kidding me? We are going all the way. WE got Russel'FingWilson throwing bombs to Calvin Johnson Jr.! There's a reason we have #24 again too. I want them to try and tackle him in the snow... I want #24 throwing snowballs Sunday! It's fate, it's all coming together perfectly. Nobody gives us a chance. We got them right where we want them... This team really can play with anybody when they have their shit together. One thing is for sure though, we aren't blowing anybody out...
Seahawks-24
Packers-23

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Packers 35
Seahawks 17

Russell Wilson is basically playing behind ghosts on the o line.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I would love to beat the Packers in their stadium for once. And with a healthy team I'd have no doubt about it at all.
This MASH unit is probably not quite up to it and it could get ugly for the offense if we can't run and Wilson is harassed mercilessly.
The Matt LaFleur offense is based on the McVay offense and Pete's not found a way to slow that thing down for 3 years now. This could be an ugly showing on defense with the Packer run game gashing us and the play action digs and crossers working time and time again.

My brain says we get blown out. My heart says Russell pulls it out at the end. Let's hope my heart wins out.

SEA 22
GB 20

OR

SEA 10
GB 31

ptisme

Reaction score
-Green Bay has the better defense and the better running game. The Packers finished the 2019 season with the highest pressure rate in the NFL, according to Next Gen Stats. They’ll face a Seahawks offensive line that finished 28th in pass-block win rate, per ESPN.
-Aaron Jones is about to take on a defense ranked 26th in DVOA against the run.
-Another big mismatch on paper is the Packers offensive line against the Seahawks pass-rushers. The Seahawks finished with 28 sacks (tied for second-fewest), a sack percentage of 4.5 (third-worst) and a pressure percentage of 19.3 (fifth-worst).
-The Packers, meanwhile, finished with the highest pass-blocking win rate in the NFL. All five starters are healthy, including bookend tackles David Bakhtiari and Bryan Bulaga.
-If Rodgers has time to throw, who's going to cover Devante Adams? The Seahawks allowed a wide receiver to go over 100 receiving yards eight different times in 2019, including three games over 150.
-Red Zone: Green Bay’s red-zone offense ranked eighth in the NFL, while Seattle’s red-zone defense ranked 26th.

January football in Green Bay is won in the trenches.
Packers 27
Seahawks 17

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Somehow I think the Hawks might prevail. My son in law is in Vegas and texted me and asked me if he wanted me to put any money on any games. I told him to put some on the Hawks for me. The current line is Green bay -4. The money is sitting between +170-180. I would normally not do this bet because the Hawks are so beat up and the Pack is pretty healthy plus it is at Green Bay. Oh, what the hell. LOL

Starrlord

Reaction score
BASF":3qnc7djb said:
Some of the predictions here are giving the Packers a lot more credit than they deserve. I spent most of this season not paying attention to the NFL as last year's no call in the NFC Championship game was the final straw in devoting time to a league that is blatant in their desired results manipulation. So, I have been cramming research and more research into our opponents and I have to tell you that watching highlights of the Packers is almost always against very bad teams.

They only scored thirty plus points against two defenses that were ranked in the top half of the league. The Cowboys defense was put in a very tough spot against the Packers as they had four scoring drives that were on short fields. Only one drive for the Packers was eighty or more yards. The second game was against the Chiefs who were missing their two best pass rushers and their slot corner which severely hampered them. They also gave up two short field touchdowns.

The Packers defense also has very little in the way of experience in big games. There's only two players on their defense who have played in a game each and one of them had absolutely no impact on his game. Adrian Amos had a very good game against the Eagles for the Bears, but ultimately did not contribute enough to pull off a win. Their head coach also does not seem to have much luck in the playoffs as his last two games have been a poor showing at home for the Rams against the Falcons in 2017 and the worst collapse in Super Bowl history as his Falcons choked on the biggest stage. This team is not ready for the biggest stage unless Rodgers can will them through. I do not think he still has it in him.

GB has the best record in the league against winning teams.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Well good luck to you all. I have no vested interest in who wins. But I think it will be a good game. You do have the capability to win. Of course it will likely be pass heavy with all your RB injuries. Russell Wilson is very good though so he gives you a chance.

:)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3kxna6dd said:
Well good luck to you all. I have no vested interest in who wins. But I think it will be a good game. You do have the capability to win. Of course it will likely be pass heavy with all your RB injuries. Russell Wilson is very good though so he gives you a chance.

I'm a little skeptical regarding your claim. You wouldn't rather see the team you roflstomped into the ground with ease, rather than the one you went 1-1 against, and were one inch away from 0-2 against, this year?

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1w2rr9cp said:
SanDiego49er":1w2rr9cp said:

I'm a little skeptical regarding your claim. You wouldn't rather see the team you roflstomped into the ground with ease, rather than the one you went 1-1 against, and were one inch away from 0-2 against, this year?

Yes Green Bay is the easier match up. The NFL is a match ups game. No doubt about it that is an easier match up for us. But you just have to play who comes. I will take our chances either way.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1x2wreju said:
Unfortunately all I can picture is Rodgers to Adams all day long. Devante will have over 100 yards receiving and at least 1 TD. Hawks will play from behind the entire game and come up short.

GB - 26
Hawks - 17

My bad. Adams has that in the first half.

ptisme

Reaction score
ptisme":3l0a4vz6 said:
-Green Bay has the better defense and the better running game. The Packers finished the 2019 season with the highest pressure rate in the NFL, according to Next Gen Stats. They’ll face a Seahawks offensive line that finished 28th in pass-block win rate, per ESPN.
-Aaron Jones is about to take on a defense ranked 26th in DVOA against the run.
-Another big mismatch on paper is the Packers offensive line against the Seahawks pass-rushers. The Seahawks finished with 28 sacks (tied for second-fewest), a sack percentage of 4.5 (third-worst) and a pressure percentage of 19.3 (fifth-worst).
-The Packers, meanwhile, finished with the highest pass-blocking win rate in the NFL. All five starters are healthy, including bookend tackles David Bakhtiari and Bryan Bulaga.
-If Rodgers has time to throw, who's going to cover Devante Adams? The Seahawks allowed a wide receiver to go over 100 receiving yards eight different times in 2019, including three games over 150.
-Red Zone: Green Bay’s red-zone offense ranked eighth in the NFL, while Seattle’s red-zone defense ranked 26th.

January football in Green Bay is won in the trenches.
Packers 27
Seahawks 17
These bullet points were spot on... Pretty close on the score too:)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
My stats:
Reg season 11-5
Playoffs 1-1

Thanks Aros for putting this thread together this season. Always great to see what kind of experts we are in game predictions.