Aros' Fearless Playoff Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Packers)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
We have owned them at C Link, and they have owned us at Lambeau. But, I think we finally get over the hump and Wilson spirits us to victory.

Last minute drive, and Myers nails a long FG to win it -- Seahawks 23, Packers 20

ballard1951

Reaction score
The Seahawks will win, and the Vikings will win, and we will afterwards beat them at home, and go to the Super Bowl. And thats why Marshawn Lynch made a comeback! At least in my dreams.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Close, gut-wrenching loss at the end, ala the Falcons game in 2012. 24-21 Green Bay since it's in their place and they had a week off. On the positive side, we will be hungry for next year.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Gb 27
Hawks 24

I dont trust this d. I feel we will have 1 or 2 plays where we are shaking our heads and talking about at games end.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
ballard1951":2wte0ml0 said:
The Seahawks will win, and the Vikings will win, and we will afterwards beat them at home, and go to the Super Bowl. And thats why Marshawn Lynch made a comeback! At least in my dreams.

My dream too.

Largent80

Reaction score
Packers are 23rd in rush defense. Philly was #3. They have no Fletcher Cox

They give up almost 13 yards per pass.

Hardly formidable

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I'm sorry.. I just don't see it. Now that Lynch has had a couple of preseason games he could bring me back but if the DL doesn't get pressure on that bleeding gash A-Rod (without getting penalized 15 times) and the secondary refuses to cover the ball instead of the post-catch tackle the Hawks are in for a long day. I love 'em and I am there but I feel like this is bad news. I also expect the Hawks to get totally screwed by unbalanced officiating.

Packers 45
Seahawks 13

SeaMeat

Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that all visiting teams win this weekend.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I believe this is the year where the Hawks finally get a victory in Green Bay.

Hawks - 27
Packers - 24

Hamhawk

Reaction score
We could lose in a semi blowout,.... but if it turns out to be a close one, Russ will pull it out at the end,...

Hawks 24 Pack 22

RCATES

Reaction score
Seahawks have lost 8 straight at Lambeau. Wilson is 0-3 there. Something has to give on Sunday. Hawks win 24-17.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Hamhawk":2z8defmb said:
We could lose in a semi blowout,.... but if it turns out to be a close one, Russ will pull it out at the end,...

Hawks 24 Pack 22

I'm kinda agreeing with you here.

Big Key, Rodgers is real good at pulling the trigger before our subs are set. Hawks got to pay attention on subs!

toffee

Reaction score
On paper, we have no business winning, right? Going to Green Bay against a well rested team with lots of backups. Got to hope Pete comes up with something to slow Rodgers down and Russ plays his A+ game.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
GB seems like a fraud to me but i also think this is going to be an ugly game for us. The run game can't carry the weight and the loss of Carson, Penny, and Duane Brown are too much to overcome.

Packers win 27-24

kf3339

Reaction score
Man, this is the playoffs! This is also a fantasy board in many ways. We all probably secretly want to be a player on the team, or at least many of us had that dream. But God gives us all unique gifts and that didn't include me being big enough or fast enough to ever play this game. That's fine.

I get why some want to pick against the Hawks. At GB. Potential Ref bias. Aaron Rogers. I get it.

But I am not going down that road. I think we will play really well and beat the Packers by at least 7 points, and that is my belief. I am a homer, but so what. :irishdrinkers:

Hawks 34
Packers 27

1-0 post season to date.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

BASF

Reaction score
Some of the predictions here are giving the Packers a lot more credit than they deserve. I spent most of this season not paying attention to the NFL as last year's no call in the NFC Championship game was the final straw in devoting time to a league that is blatant in their desired results manipulation. So, I have been cramming research and more research into our opponents and I have to tell you that watching highlights of the Packers is almost always against very bad teams.

They only scored thirty plus points against two defenses that were ranked in the top half of the league. The Cowboys defense was put in a very tough spot against the Packers as they had four scoring drives that were on short fields. Only one drive for the Packers was eighty or more yards. The second game was against the Chiefs who were missing their two best pass rushers and their slot corner which severely hampered them. They also gave up two short field touchdowns.

The Packers defense also has very little in the way of experience in big games. There's only two players on their defense who have played in a game each and one of them had absolutely no impact on his game. Adrian Amos had a very good game against the Eagles for the Bears, but ultimately did not contribute enough to pull off a win. Their head coach also does not seem to have much luck in the playoffs as his last two games have been a poor showing at home for the Rams against the Falcons in 2017 and the worst collapse in Super Bowl history as his Falcons choked on the biggest stage. This team is not ready for the biggest stage unless Rodgers can will them through. I do not think he still has it in him.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I would love our chances if both teams had their full rosters available.

However, It's very concerning that Brown, Iupati and Fant were all DNP today with Hunt getting limited action. We're probably going to need to be creative with the running game again, and we may need some ugly runs for minimal gains to keep GB honest against the pass and open up play action.

On the defensive line QJeff and Clowney were limited with Ziggy out and in the secondary both Flowers and Blair were also limited today. I think our best chance will be if Diggs continues to make a huge impact on our defense and we hold the Packers to 21 or less with a turnover or two. My optimistic prediction is 27-20 Hawks.