Aros' Fearless NFCCG Prediction Thread (49ers @ Seahawks)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":26jwsf4f said:
Boy some of you are giving Harvin a bit too much credit. How many games did the Seahawks win this year without him? Exactly.
How many losses would have been wins with him? Exactly.

;)

Tokadub

Reaction score
I typed out a ridiculously long prediction in the blowout prediction thread. Might as well post here too. As you can see I tend to over think things :)

If Kaepernick has at least 2 interceptions though I could see it (blowout), that's pretty much the only way. It's possible but for some reason I'm thinking we might only get 1 interception this time making it a close game. If we have no interceptions the game becomes a tossup.

I predicted 23-20 for the Seahawks Vs Saints which would have been the score if they made the 2 FG's so I think that was a decent prediction.

Gonna put on my thinking cap and try to predict Seahawks vs 49ers game. Thinking cap tonight = chugging beer while attempting to meditate and visualize the game simultaneously :)

Ugh... OK I think I got it and I'm sorry to say it is not pretty :shock:

1st Half:

- 49ers start with the ball get stuffed with one or two first downs tops have to punt.

- Seahawks receive punt but not a great punt return. Make a little progress but have to punt just out of FG range.

- 49ers receive punt. Two or 3 nice catches leads them to the first score of game SF is leading 7-0 after burning a lot of clock with many runs mixed in.

- Seahawks get kickoff return, if Harvin does play it's not his best moment. This drive ends with another punt, after another grinding drive which we may need some favorable penalties for a first down or two. Pretty pathetic offensive drive and Seahawks panic ensues as we punt.

- 49ers take the ball march it down field slowly burning the clock down while looking really strong for another touchdown. No big gains but just steady first downs they look really strong. Our defense comes through for us with a clutch stop forcing them to go for a field goal. San Fransisco is up 10-0 :pukeface:

- Another horrible kick return puts us at the 25 yard line if we are lucky perhaps a fair catch and we are at the 20. We are struggling to click on offense but Beast Mode ain't going down like that. He is our main catalyst as suddenly our run game get's going for the first time all game. Tate and Baldwin also make some nice plays (not sure if Harvin will play but he could be a factor). We finally score a touchdown on this drive.

- Unclear if there was very little time left or if no more scores but the first half ends with no more points.

2nd Half: 49ers lead 10-7

- Seahawks receive the ball but can't make anything happen.

- 49ers get the ball drive it down the field burning lots of clock (consistent theme this game). They end up getting a field goal on another solid drive that we have a clutch defensive stop. 49ers lead 13-7.

- Seahawks get stuffed again.

- 49ers have to punt for a change.

- With less than 20 minutes to play the Seahawks finally pull through and make it happen on offense scoring a touch down. Seahawks go up 14-13.

- 49ers respond right back and score a touchdown of their own and are now leading 20-14.

- With time winding down the Seahawks somehow manage to make 2 more field goals one of which might be thanks to an interception or fumble recovery. 49er's can't quite score but come scary close possibly failing on 4th down as they try to get within field goal range.

Overtime: Tied game 20-20

- 49ers get the ball to our horror. Here is where it get's a little hazy for me. I see two possible outcomes.

1) 49ers score a FG followed by Seahawks scoring a Touchdown.

2) Intercept Kaepernick for either a pick 6 or a resulting FG.

So final prediction 26-20 Seahawks win! (don't kick extra point if you score touchdown in overtime correct?)

Another possibility I'm seeing is 23-20 which strangely is the same as my Seahawks vs. Saints score, but the way they arrived at those totals is completely different so I'm thinking that's just a coincidence. Also possible 26-23.

Disclaimer: This prediction is based on 1 or fewer Kaepernick interceptions before overtime. And most likely Harvin doesn't play or he just doesn't play as well as we had hoped.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I think this game will come down to QB play I suspect both teams will try to run with limited success. Because our team has the better QB, I think they will win. I believe we're going to see a better Russell this week. He said in his press conference that "whomever the game slows down for will have the most success" meaning he and Krapperdink is how I read that. I think that was a very telling statement. I believe he's been pressing with his ultimate goal in sight and kind of jumping to conclusions on his reads. But by that statement I believe this week will be different. He's arrived at the destination he's wanted to get to and I feel the confidence from him.

That said, I think there will still be WR separation issues at times unless Percy plays and then we may see the offense in nearly full gear again. I haven't picked against the Hawks all year and I'm not about to start now.

With Percy: Hawks 27, Whiners 13
Without Percy: Hawks 23, Whiners 16

To date: 14-3

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Late 49ers TD drive makes it look closer.

SEAHAWKS 27
NINNIES 20

OlyHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks will win by 8+ points if the Refs let them play.

I believe that penalties will hurt us a few times.

Seahawks come back in the 4th qtr to win 27-23

Rufus

Reaction score
My bold prediction: Russell Wilson will have a touchdown reception.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3fo18y6n said:
San Francisco 17
Seattle 23

But it would be a mercy if it were just a blow out from the first quarter on in our favor.

boooooom

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3j8kze0b said:
Hawknballs":3j8kze0b said:
San Francisco 17
Seattle 23

But it would be a mercy if it were just a blow out from the first quarter on in our favor.

boooooom

My man.. I'd buy you a beer right now if I could!!!

SUPER BOWL!!!