Aros' Fearless NFCCG Prediction Thread (49ers @ Seahawks)

jake206

Reaction score
w/Harvin: Seahawks win: 28-23

w/o Harvin: 49ers win: 23-21

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Boy some of you are giving Harvin a bit too much credit. How many games did the Seahawks win this year without him? Exactly.

chet380

Reaction score
Nothing but negative thoughts, but there is no way that I would pick a Hawks loss.

So ........ Hawks - 16 points, SF __, -- need the D to be great!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Shock2k

Reaction score
"49ers Stunned by 12th Man, Renewed Offense"

In a stunning turn of events the 49ers fall to the surging Seattle Seahawks and a renewed offensive pass game not seen in the past 5 weeks. Russell Wilson after the game said, "The receivers and I emphasized accuracy and consistency this week. I feel the work really paid off." It did, to the tune of 254 yards on 22 of 30 pass attempts with 3 Touchdowns and 0 Interceptions. The offensive assault did not stop there as Marshawn Lynch put together another power running game with 97 yards and 2 touchdowns himself, including a classic 25 yarder breaking 5 tackles on the way to the end zone. Tom Cable's offensive line seemed to have the 49ers number yesterday providing wide running and passing lanes for the offense to operate with.

Seattle's Legion of Boom continued to prove they may be the best in the league. Both Byron Maxwell and Earl Thomas procured interceptions of errant passes. With Earl Thomas completing a pick 6 from the San Francisco 30 yard line. Not to be outdone Richard Sherman shadowed Michael Crabtree all day holding the recently hot receiver to 1 reception for 5 yards on 6 targets.

Though the Seahawks only recorded 2 sacks by Bennett and McDonald, it was apparent that Kaepernick was never allowed to get comfortable against the relentless pass rush and faltering running game. Kaepernick found limited success with intermediate passes to Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin, but never did get in any kind of flow. With 5 false start penalties the 49ers plan for dealing with the crowd noise would seem to have fallen flat in the face of a relentless amount of noise by Seattle's 12th man.

What was billed to be a show stopper turned into a yawner as the Seahawks seemed to jump on San Francisco early and never let up. The 180 yards passing by Kaepernick is misleading as 70 yards were thrown in the 4th quarter leading to 2 of 3 Phil Dawson field goals in the game. With Frank Gore being held to 20 carries for 42 yards, there really was no answer to the inspired play by the stout Seahawks defensive line.

After the Seahawks 42 - 9 victory over San Francisco, they will walk into the Superbowl with a lot of confidence no matter what team comes out of the AFC Championship Game today.

.... Something like that. Go Hawks!

Sac

Reaction score
Seahawks cause turnovers early and get out to a quick lead before grinding down the 49ers.

Seahawks: 27
Niners: 13

RTD: 14-3

mort

Reaction score
2-0 Hawks
This is killing me can't we just kick this thing off already!?!

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
Please God just win. Then the Niner trolls can crawl back under their bridges to murmur amongst each other about how our defense is on drugs and pete carroll sucks at chewing gum

minormillikin

Reaction score
20-16 Seahawks, with a nerve-wracking last minute drive by the 9ers that just comes up short.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
San Francisco 17
Seattle 23

But it would be a mercy if it were just a blow out from the first quarter on in our favor.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Thank God my wife is an RN. I need to see a long scoring drive from our O to put my nerves at ease. Its gonna be close.

Hawks 27
Niners 20

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's been a superstition of mine to not predict games.

Last week, I predicted us to win 23-16.

I honestly have a bad feeling about this game; the Niners are on a roll and are playing much better offensive football than we are. Defensively, we are playing better but the Niners D won't have to play all that well (for them) to shut our offense down. In other words, our Defense will have to work harder to keep the score lower than the Niners' D will.

Then we take into account home field advantage. There's no way either squad is overlooking the other. Our D is insane at home and we have a referee that looks to not call ticky tack PI calls. Hopefully, being at home and the bigger stage will prompt the offense to play better football.

My prediction:
Seahawks 19 1 TD, 4 FGs
Niners 12 Defense keeps SF out of the endzone. 4 FGs

WarHawks

Reaction score
Most are predicting a close game, so I'll be the contrarian. With the improved weather, the 12th man, our shutdown D, huge point differential at the Clink and RW going off with an inspired performance, I see the Hawks superb bowl bound and Kapperdink running off the field before time expires after his 3 pick disaster. 27-7 Hawks!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Without Harvin 19-17 Hawks

With Harvin 23-17 Hawks

13-4

got wrong
@ HOU
@ IND
@ SF
vs AZ