Arizona vs Seattle - Round 2

keith da hawk

Reaction score
DrDix":3uwfm8n4 said:
Cards have rush game in their favor? Sorry, not even close.

No film on third string QB? Lol? We're the #1 defense that has not lost to Rodgers, Manning, Brady......Once again wrong.

The Cards have it at home, that is all that is in their favor for Sunday Night.

Add Eli Manning and Drew Brees to that list as well. This team is undefeated against Super Bowl champion quarterbacks ever since Russell Wilson has been the starter. In order to beat this team you need a very good running game, great defense and a quarterback. Arizona has the defense which should keep them in the game, but the lack of a great running game and quarterback will hinder them greatly. To be totally honest this game will be a shutout if the offense doesn't turn it over in their own territory. Arizona will struggle to keep possesion and Arizona's defense will tire out in the second half. I'm thinking a 20-0 win for the Hawks.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I could see this being this years version of the MNF Hawks vs. Rams game.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":pdvek1lq said:
Lindley sucks. He's going against the best defense in the league by far, with a brutal pass rush and a ridiculous secondary. We're going to stack 8 or 9 in the box and dare Lindley to throw on us, and then we're going to beat the living shit out of the Cardinals for four quarters of football. This game is over before it even starts. You have no shot at winning.

QFT.

It AMAZES me that people will spout off about Lindley and not mention the 58-0 beat down that we administered in the last season he was a starter.

RW will do everything he can to avoid mistakes, even if it means taking sacks, and that'll be the difference.

If AZ thinks the game being in prime time is an advantage, or simplifying the playbook is an advantage, or not having film on Lindley is an advantage, um, I think that word doesn't mean what you think it means...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think this game ends up all about turnovers. If there aren't any, hawks win. It's that simple.

Cards need to be plus 2 in turnovers. The Cards are going to run blitz and man cover like crazy, they have to stop Lynch and our itty bitty receiver committee does not scare them. THey have to create turnovers.

On offense, they will line up jumbo a ton, try to get the two backs to create manageable down and distance, and if they feel good about how their D is playing, they will take play action shots from third and shorts, stuff like that. The Jumbo sets will give them lots of screen possibilities.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I alsothink Seattle comes out with an aggressive offensive approach. a 10-0 score will feel like scaling everest for Lindley.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
CardsForever":1vyxiayl said:
This weekend's game is certainly the biggest matchup of the year for both teams. With a victory both teams can claim the division (The Cardinals can even secure the #1 seed in the NFC).

One thing for the Seahawks is that due to their mid-season struggles, they've been in playoff mode for a month now. The first Arizona game was their "biggest matchup of the year," and every successive game has been that for this team. So I certainly don't think the stage is going to be too big for them... they're used to this level of pressure now.

With that said, the way the defense is playing right now, I truly don't see the Cardinals managing double-digits in the score department. Certainly not with Lindley at QB.

The only things that worry me about this game are special teams unpredictability and Calais Campbell.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I were a Cards fan, I wouldn't hang a damn thing on that 7-0 home record. Didn't mean anything for us last year being unbeaten at home when the Cards came to town, didn't mean anything for Philly two weeks ago, and our guys are enjoying wearing the black hats right now. The attitude on the road is the best I have ever seen from the Hawks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":28otv70z said:
Scottemojo":28otv70z said:
If I were a Cards fan, I wouldn't hang a damn thing on that 7-0 home record. Didn't mean anything for us last year being unbeaten at home when the Cards came to town, didn't mean anything for Philly two weeks ago, and our guys are enjoying wearing the black hats right now. The attitude on the road is the best I have ever seen from the Hawks.

No doubt, we look hungry as hell on the road, even at the KC game, I thought they looked hungry. If we'd had Bobby and a pain-free Kam that game, we'd have won going away.

We're going to brush the Cards aside this Sunday night. Book it. Vegas agrees, giving the Cards 7(?!) points at home.
I was way more worried about the home game than the Philly game. I thought our team would be over hyped, and they were, IMO. They were over running plays, guessing on gaps trying for TFL, stuff like that, playing it up for the 12s. They aren't doing that shit on the road.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Just like Manning a mere 10 months ago, "they haven't seen a defense this quick...this aggressive". Well, the Cards have, but Limpley hasn't. Game over.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Last year the Cards gave up 4 Ints and won at the CLINK. They've shown how their defense can carry the game. Nothing should be taken for granted even with the Lind at QB.

RockHawk

Reaction score
A chance for AZ to win? I just don't see it in the Cards......

(thank you, I'm literally here all week..... and so, so lonely)...

rideaducati

Reaction score
I hope Wilson studies up on Peterson's stats and takes advantage of his poor play.

Jiggy

Reaction score
WR edge goes to Az
RB edge definitely goes to Seattle
QB edge? Even more so to Seattle then the RB position.

So defenses? Lets call them even because they each bring their own piece of the game that one could make an argument for that. Az has a dominant pass rush and is playing at home. Seattle's DB's are the best in the league and their DL is stout vs the run.

But, this Sunday night is for all intents and purposes a playoff game. With that, the edge goes to Seattle.

Boycie

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2zil2ksc said:
CardsForever":2zil2ksc said:
I really do believe Arizona has more than a fighting chance to win.

Nope. They don't. In case you haven't noticed, we're currently murdering our way back to the superbowl. Arizona is powerless to do anything about it.

You tell em Dwayne Dibbly!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3nud92kn said:
peachesenregalia":3nud92kn said:
Lindley sucks. He's going against the best defense in the league by far, with a brutal pass rush and a ridiculous secondary. We're going to stack 8 or 9 in the box and dare Lindley to throw on us, and then we're going to beat the living shit out of the Cardinals for four quarters of football. This game is over before it even starts. You have no shot at winning.

QFT.

It AMAZES me that people will spout off about Lindley and not mention the 58-0 beat down that we administered in the last season he was a starter.

RW will do everything he can to avoid mistakes, even if it means taking sacks, and that'll be the difference.

If AZ thinks the game being in prime time is an advantage, or simplifying the playbook is an advantage, or not having film on Lindley is an advantage, um, I think that word doesn't mean what you think it means...

Not that I disagree that Lindley stinks.. but Skelton started that 58-0 game, not Lindley

gulliver

Reaction score
CardsForever":itk6wle2 said:
The game is in Arizona where they are 7-0 for the season. The fact that Ryan Lindley must play Seattle in Arizona and not Seattle is a huge factor. If Lindley were starting this game in Seattle I'd say Arizona's odds of winning would be 5% or less.
Not sure why Cardinals fans keep leaning on this "undefeated at home" stat.

They better than anyone should know--at exactly this time, Seattle was undefeated at home too. Guess who came in and punched us in the jaw to take that away?

Squeaking out 7 wins vs a spectrum of teams good and bad has no impact on your 8th and final home game. This will be the best team you've played at home this season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gulliver":1bh6evdy said:
Squeaking out 7 wins vs a spectrum of teams good and bad has no impact on your 8th and final home game. This will be the best team you've played at home this season.

Why is our's a great HFA and the Cards this year isn't?

Undefeated at home is undefeated at home, and it certainly helps the Cards to be playing at home for this game.

If the Cards had Palmer, I'd give the a 50% chance. If the Cards even had Stanton I'd give them a 40% shot. But I just can't give the Cards a chance with Lindley at QB, dude is awful, and has always been awful.

Hawks 17
Cards 3

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gulliver":3rrph5ii said:
CardsForever":3rrph5ii said:
The game is in Arizona where they are 7-0 for the season. The fact that Ryan Lindley must play Seattle in Arizona and not Seattle is a huge factor. If Lindley were starting this game in Seattle I'd say Arizona's odds of winning would be 5% or less.
Not sure why Cardinals fans keep leaning on this "undefeated at home" stat.

They better than anyone should know--at exactly this time, Seattle was undefeated at home too. Guess who came in and punched us in the jaw to take that away?

Philly was 6-0 at home when we went up there.

That didn't seem to matter much

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3fbk5tox said:
BocciHawk":3fbk5tox said:
peachesenregalia":3fbk5tox said:

QFT.

Not that I disagree that Lindley stinks.. but Skelton started that 58-0 game, not Lindley
Correct. Lindley did play in the game though...right after Skelton threw his fourth interception. And by that time, Matt Flynn was already in the game.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 090sea.htm

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
AZ is averaging 3.3 ypc and they're going up against a rush defense as brutal as their own. That'll leave Lindley. Their offense isn't going anywhere. To win this game they need a lucky deep pass from Lindley and hold us to under 10. Or a pick 6. Or a punt blocked.

On the flip side, they'll probably shut down our running game the first half, we'll have to have Wilson move the ball. He'll probably get sacked all day.

I'd bet the under on this game, but I bet Vegas puts it at 13 or something.

Latest posts