Arizona vs Seattle - Round 2

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":371dyh7l said:
gulliver":371dyh7l said:
Squeaking out 7 wins vs a spectrum of teams good and bad has no impact on your 8th and final home game. This will be the best team you've played at home this season.

Why is our's a great HFA and the Cards this year isn't?

Undefeated at home is undefeated at home, and it certainly helps the Cards to be playing at home for this game.

If the Cards had Palmer, I'd give the a 50% chance. If the Cards even had Stanton I'd give them a 40% shot. But I just can't give the Cards a chance with Lindley at QB, dude is awful, and has always been awful.

Hawks 17
Cards 3

Hell, if the Cards had Palmer, they might have more than a 50% chance. People here tend to just recall what they know of Palmer and maybe think about his picks against us last year, but if they look at what he did when healthy this year, they'll find that he was having a very good year.

Definitely prefer Lindley or Logan suiting up for them.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I hate to be the bastard who points this out, but Seattle has been scoring 20 PPG for the last five games. No, our defense doesn't allow a lot of points, but our offense doesn't score many, either. Makes it a one-mistake game for either team. And Seattle is now going up against a well-coached, rock-solid pass rush that knows how to contain him and has beaten him more than any other team. Without Russell Okung, and most likely without Max Unger.

My one comfort is that the Legion of Boom is actually better than they were last year. Every position is being played well and no QB on Arizona's roster has the ability to exploit our LB's, the only real coverage weakness on this D.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't care what things look like on paper and in the stats, Cardinal games you throw that stuff out, hiow many teams lose when they get 5 interceoptions, fluky things happen in these games. You can pint to a blow out a while back byut that is not the typical game, it's usually close with unusual plays and weird stuff that happens. I would as a player and coach be very focused. The Cards are winning because they are playing 60 minutes and never give up, making opportunuties for themselves if necessary and forcing opposition to make mistakes.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
For me...it will be interesting how many 12s we will have there. I'm betting it will be nearly 40%...December trip to a warm location, coming off a Super Bowl victory, scouting the Super Bowl site, Arizona largely a transplant/retirement state... Most likely planned and bought tickets before the season even started and before the Cardinal fans even could have guessed they would be in this position. Man I'm getting myself P-n-J'd for this game!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This has Hawks written all over it. I expect the calls to go against the Hawks in the first half and AZ to play with fire on defense. That will keep the game close and maybe put AZ in with a small lead early on some craziness, but the Hawks will bring it and pull it out in the second half.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We as Seahawks fans can be overconfident, and even take opposing players/teams for granted, but the truth is, the Seahawks players themselves will not.
Whoever they face at Quarterback, in ANY game, will be given the same respect, and no attention to details will be overlooked whether it be Peyton Manning, or Ryan Lindley, it makes no difference.
IF the Cards can get by the Seahawks on this one, and that's one gigantic IF, they will be deserving of the #1 seed, but if we're being realistic here, The Seahawks Defense is playing lights out football, and the Cardinals have the skinniest, and most improbable chance of beating the Seahawks in this matchup.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BlueTalons":fnmwe8j2 said:
For me...it will be interesting how many 12s we will have there. I'm betting it will be nearly 40%...December trip to a warm location, coming off a Super Bowl victory, scouting the Super Bowl site, Arizona largely a transplant/retirement state... Most likely planned and bought tickets before the season even started and before the Cardinal fans even could have guessed they would be in this position. Man I'm getting myself P-n-J'd for this game!

Highly doubt 40% of the crowd will be Seahawk fans .. there will be a nice turnout because we travel pretty well, but the Cardinals have no problem filling that stadium with their own fans.

Probably will be closer to 85/15 than 60/40

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":106gfeye said:
We as Seahawks fans can be overconfident, and even take opposing players/teams for granted, but the truth is, the Seahawks players themselves will not.

Maybe on here, but I certainly don't see over confidence in this fanbase.

Salk even talked about it this morning. He said he's getting a ton of crap over him ridiculing Lindley as a joke QB, Hawk fans telling him to STFU cause he's gonna jinx the team.

He's right, if anything the players are FAR more confident in their ability than us fans, that up until last year have been routinely beaten down by bad luck and horrible Seattle teams..........thus are hard pressed to go out on limbs or talk trash in fear of regretting our statements.

gulliver

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39chot1v said:
gulliver":39chot1v said:
Squeaking out 7 wins vs a spectrum of teams good and bad has no impact on your 8th and final home game. This will be the best team you've played at home this season.

Why is our's a great HFA and the Cards this year isn't?

Undefeated at home is undefeated at home, and it certainly helps the Cards to be playing at home for this game.

If the Cards had Palmer, I'd give the a 50% chance. If the Cards even had Stanton I'd give them a 40% shot. But I just can't give the Cards a chance with Lindley at QB, dude is awful, and has always been awful.

Hawks 17
Cards 3
HFA is a real thing, but you're picking apart an argument I didn't make--pretty standard for the Internet, I reckon. Nobody made any argument about HFA.

The argument is: does being undefeated at home so far have any impact on any subsequent game? No. Just shows they are a good team. But now they are a good team playing on 3 cylinders, and facing a challenge unlike any they have faced at home this year. Being undefeated at home before this Sunday doesn't help them this Sunday.

Now FWIW, if anybody needs reminding why the Hawks HFA > Cardinals HFA... just check the tape from last year. Hawks' HFA is THE thing; Cardinals' HFA is barely *a* thing. Last year we made more noise at U-Phoenix than they did--I expect it to be the same this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gulliver":3ql3tdnq said:
Now FWIW, if anybody needs reminding why the Hawks HFA > Cardinals HFA... just check the tape from last year. Hawks' HFA is THE thing; Cardinals' HFA is barely *a* thing. Last year we made more noise at U-Phoenix than they did--I expect it to be the same this year.

Did you forget they beat us at home too?

I wasn't ranking HFA, I was merely saying that the Cards playing at home this week increases their odds vs. here, and 7-0 at home proves that statement.

Is their HFA as good as our's? Of course not, but it's still there.

ManBunts

Reaction score
scutterhawk":fe3b7oha said:
Whoever they face at Quarterback, in ANY game, will be given the same respect, and no attention to details will be overlooked whether it be Peyton Manning, or Ryan Lindley, it makes no difference.
IF the Cards can get by the Seahawks on this one, and that's one gigantic IF, they will be deserving of the #1 seed, but if we're being realistic here, The Seahawks Defense is playing lights out football, and the Cardinals have the skinniest, and most improbable chance of beating the Seahawks in this matchup.

I don't think we can forget that Austin Davis, a 3rd string QB, beat us earlier this year. While I firmly believe this is a different Seahawks team, they've learned their lesson and I agree, they won't be assuming Lindley is going to roll over. I think we put the pressure on him hard and often.

The big challenge will be if our O-line can hold up under the Cardinal defense. They manage to keep that team close no matter what. No settling for field goals this week. We need to light the scoreboard up quick and often

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Experience WILL win this game.

I'm not talking about age of roster or total team NFL experience.

I'm talking about which team can rise up and play must-win Championship football for 60 minutes.

More often than not that team will be the Seahawks, they have 3 years of Play-Off experience to settle down the nerves, and they always get pumped up for Prime Time night games.

Cardinals have all the pressure on them, they have the talent to match the Seahawks ability, but just as easily they could crumple and fold for a Seahawks blow-out.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
CardsForever":ybfwgd3b said:
Lindley does suck...But he doesn't need to win the game. I really do believe Arizona has more than a fighting chance to win. Are there several reasons why Seattle should win? Yes. But as we all know, anything is possible any given Sunday. Again, I think the fact that this game is in Arizona, on national television, where no one is giving the Cardinals a shot will be a big factor. This team plays better in the underdog role.

That will be the cards downfall. :D PC is like 13-1 (IIRC) in primetime games. PC's teams just don't lose in big games. This is a Sunday night game and I think they will render the AZ offense useless. The only way I see the Cardinals winning is if they get a few big special teams plays along with a defensive turnover or two to give you short fields to work with.

Seattle ran away from the Cards last year in AZ and that was with Palmer. Lindley will have to have a flawless game in order to win. I don't like his chances. I realize that the Cards are running the ball better, but they aren't a prolific running team, If Seahawk can shut down the run and force a lot of 3rd and longs than I don't see the Cards doing anything.

However if they can dink and dunk and keep ahead of schedule they'll have shot. I'm not sure it's possible.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I shall do a panoramic with my cell phone and my rain phone so we can see how many Hawkfans are there besides us. I think it will be a fun game to watch. Dont know what pregame place to go to yet...but will find one.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I'm glad you admitted the "no film in Lindley" is a weak argument. Do you know why there is so little film? Because he's not a legit NFL quarterback. Without injuries, he wouldn't be in the NFL right now. He's never thrown an NFL touchdown. He's career passing rating is something like 20 points below Tebow.

Your defense will keep you in the game. Your shiny new running back will find it hard sledding. There's a reason youre a 7 point 'dog in your own stadium despite having the better record.

Looking forward to the game, will be representing!

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
I am finding for the last month that the Hawks are playing well on the road , do not underestimate the opponent or even the QB, I think it will take a half for the Hawks to get going will keep it tight and then start poring it on in the second half.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points Dan. It's funny, I can't remember the last time I worried about a road game. This team is clearly long since over that whole "can't win on the road" thing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jlwaters1":zjkzycex said:
CardsForever":zjkzycex said:
Lindley does suck...But he doesn't need to win the game. I really do believe Arizona has more than a fighting chance to win. Are there several reasons why Seattle should win? Yes. But as we all know, anything is possible any given Sunday. Again, I think the fact that this game is in Arizona, on national television, where no one is giving the Cardinals a shot will be a big factor. This team plays better in the underdog role.

That will be the cards downfall. :D PC is like 13-1 (IIRC) in primetime games. PC's teams just don't lose in big games. This is a Sunday night game and I think they will render the AZ offense useless. The only way I see the Cardinals winning is if they get a few big special teams plays along with a defensive turnover or two to give you short fields to work with.

Seattle ran away from the Cards last year in AZ and that was with Palmer. Lindley will have to have a flawless game in order to win. I don't like his chances. I realize that the Cards are running the ball better, but they aren't a prolific running team, If Seahawk can shut down the run and force a lot of 3rd and longs than I don't see the Cards doing anything.

However if they can dink and dunk and keep ahead of schedule they'll have shot. I'm not sure it's possible.
I doubt the dink and dunk works either with Chancellor and Wagner healthy. Arizona's only real hope is for 2-3 turnovers and some big special teams plays probably a combination of both.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Dink and dunk relies on quick and accurate passes. It's a lot harder than it sounds against a defense like Seattle, which is why we have been feasting on the mediocre caliber QBs lately. That screen pass where the ball is a bit late coming out and is slightly overthrown could just as easily be a pick 6 as a 5 yard gain, and picking up pennies off of railroad tracks is a hard way to earn a living.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":yuuoiaq3 said:
I hate to be the bastard who points this out, but Seattle has been scoring 20 PPG for the last five games. No, our defense doesn't allow a lot of points, but our offense doesn't score many, either. Makes it a one-mistake game for either team.
Agreed. I think Seahawks win, but this Cards' defense has been all over us. We know they blitz like crazy, yet they still get to Russell untouched. They vacate big swaths of the field to do it, yet we have no quick hits to those spots.

In our previous matchup, Jaron Brown would have caught that TD pass 99 out of 100 tries. One Cardinal forgot to line up for the punt team and we got the block. Again, that happens maybe 1% of the time. Last time, the Cardinals made the one or two critical mistakes. Yeah, Lindley is weak and our defense is geared to force his ilk into turnovers, but just as much as their offense doesn't scare us, I don't think our offense really scares them either. The key will be to protect the ball on O and ST.

I'm with Dr. Diags. There are no givens in these matchups. I am optimistic and I trust in our players, coaches, and fans, but I'm still gonna save the sigh of relief until the final whistles of the next two games.

peachesenregalia":yuuoiaq3 said:
Ace_Rimmer":yuuoiaq3 said:
You tell em Dwayne Dibbly!

Dwayne Dibbley?! Me?! A no-style gimbo with teeth the druids could use as a place of worship??!!
The Duke of Dork?!

Latest posts