Anyone else feel like we'll blow out the Cards this week

ringless

Reaction score
This is the worst I have felt all year about going into a game besides the Denver game. Stanton on the road. With a loud crowd and 100% chance of precipitation against a team that has to win. I dont see how we do it. The crowd won't allow us to make the normal audibles and adjustments. The rain will stop the deep threat or create a lot of interceptions. It favors the Seahawks ground game greatly over ours.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ringless":rqpi0j6d said:
This is the worst I have felt all year about going into a game besides the Denver game. Stanton on the road. With a loud crowd and 100% chance of precipitation against a team that has to win. I dont see how we do it. The crowd won't allow us to make the normal audibles and adjustments. The rain will stop the deep threat or create a lot of interceptions. It favors the Seahawks ground game greatly over ours.

Very rational approach to the game, Ringless. This should be the worst you've felt going into a game including Denver. I'm definitely not suggesting we are head and shoulders better than you guys, or even better at all, but for all the reasons you pointed out, this is a tough spot for your team.

OTOH, it's also a tough spot for ours because as we all know, sometimes players want to do too much under such conditions. This isn't a game I'd want Michael carrying the ball for that very reason. The good news for you guys is you've been so solid you can afford to drop one (in theory). Just don't let the wheels come off. We lose this one and we likely become part of a statistic that we'd prefer not be part of. I sure didn't think that stat would apply to us...yet here we are. Good health to your team on Sunday.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Why is this board so obsessed with blow outs lately? Over compensation for a disappointing season? The lasting impression of the Super Bowl?

I just want to win. Winning is hard enough. Blowouts usually arent a result of talent mismatches but because of some luck, some scheme over sight, things like that. And though I dont believe in such things, this just doesnt seem to be our year. Last week had all the ingredients of a typical Seahawk win..and it wasnt. And the Cards have had many games where they should have lost by all rights..but they won.

I dont care if its 3-0, I just want the win.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Vetamur":3m8qwz81 said:
Why is this board so obsessed with blow outs lately? Over compensation for a disappointing season? The lasting impression of the Super Bowl?

I just want to win. Winning is hard enough. Blowouts usually arent a result of talent mismatches but because of some luck, some scheme over sight, things like that. And though I dont believe in such things, this just doesnt seem to be our year. Last week had all the ingredients of a typical Seahawk win..and it wasnt. And the Cards have had many games where they should have lost by all rights..but they won.

I dont care if its 3-0, I just want the win.

I have to disagree with your last statement. Winning convincingly will help the confidence level of this team to help them believe that they can salvage this year and not only make the postseason but also go deep. Winning big over the team that we are trying to catch certainly helps. 3-0 although a victory, still leaves some doubt as to the validity of the ability to get the job done knowing it could have easily gone the other way.

irocdave

Reaction score
Been a Hawk fan for a long time and read most of the first page posts. Don't need to read anymore, Hawks are going to win this game in a convincing fashion. Doesn't mean they are two peeting, doesn't mean they are the best team "eva". They will however stomp on the Cards and win in a convincing fashion. Hawks are going to roll in this game and reinvigorate the noobies.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
LOL, all the people that attacked me in multiple threads look so dumb now. I called this ALL WEEK.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
To be fair, game was a lot closer than the final score/score throughout the game indicated.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2ai724b6 said:
To be fair, game was a lot closer than the final score/score throughout the game indicated.
No it wasn't, without Pete's mercy it's a 23 point win.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1dswh8vz said:
dontbelikethat":1dswh8vz said:

And without the mercy of some teams last year and the year before that, we wouldn't have held that streak of only losing by 7 points for like 2 seasons. Garbage time is garbage time, it was decently close throughout, but after having a 2 score lead near the end, with them having to also fight the clock, it was over.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":19trp0b8 said:
RunTheBall":19trp0b8 said:
dontbelikethat":19trp0b8 said:

And without the mercy of some teams last year and the year before that, we wouldn't have held that streak of only losing by 7 points for like 2 seasons. Garbage time is garbage time, it was decently close throughout, but after having a 2 score lead near the end, with them having to also fight the clock, it was over.
They needed 2 TDs+2, Two PT Conversions just to TIE the game and we had it inside the 5, give it a rest. It was a blowout.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It was a blowout.

It should have been a bigger blowout.

This team has problems in the red zone.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2ukiherc said:
dontbelikethat":2ukiherc said:
RunTheBall":2ukiherc said:

They needed 2 TDs+2, Two PT Conversions just to TIE the game and we had it inside the 5, give it a rest. It was a blowout.

I never said it wasn't a blow out in the end.

This was my exact quote:

Said the game was closer than the score indicated. Got that lead late in the third quarter and the Cards had three opportunities to make it back to a one score game. Up until that point of the final TD, game wasn't that decided.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I am the OP for this thread and just want to say "I told you so". Just kidding but I really did think we would have won by more but not complaining.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Here's the thing: doubting the Seahawks was perfectly okay.

Respecting the Cardinals was not.

Everyone who has shown respect for the Cardinals in the past week needs to atone by admitting that that's a garbage squad. Honestly our win, while certainly good enough, shouldn't change anyone's minds about our own team since it wasn't against real competition.

The 9-2 Cards are not favored at the 4-7 Falcons next week. That people do not see them as some of the most shameful frauds in NFL history is infuriating.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd call 19-3 a blowout, but it certainly felt like the game was over in the 3rd quarter.