Anyone else feel like we'll blow out the Cards this week

CANHawk

Reaction score
I've been saying the Cards are going to come back to the pack eventually. Why not start now?

I believe in these Hawks. OP gets a big thumbs up.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The team desperately needs a big, signature win at this point.
If it were to come against the one loss Cardinals, that would be amazing.
The 12th man will be ready, and I'm sure the team will be as well.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2lrsj1yr said:
RunTheBall":2lrsj1yr said:
Yep, and when we do, the above three posters will pretend they knew it all along or make excuses/downplay the win.

I don't see a correlation between being realistic that this won't be a blow out and somehow being a bad fan.

The Cardinals are 9-1, have a great D and beat a much more talented Hawks team here last year. What gives you any indication that THIS beat up and less talented Hawks team is going to win by a blow out?

We certainly SHOULD win, as our season depends on it, but a blow out? I can't go that far with what I've seen so far this year.
WTF does last year have anything to do with this year? In 2011, we beat the Cards 13-10 at home, in 2012 58-0 happened.

mrblitz

Reaction score
seahawks have been in every game. even the loss at st. louis wasn't really surprising. the main thing is, the seahawks were in all of the games. the dallas one was probably the only game that kind of got away from them.

so, anything could happen this week.

the only thing is; given the way arizona beat the seahawks here at home last year, combined with the way they went in and made a statement at detroit last week; it looks like az should be the favorite. yet, the seahawks have had some great stretches within games; it's just that they can't seem to keep it going for 60 minutes, let alone multiple weeks.

...long and the short of it: toss-up

FargoHawk

Reaction score
I do. There passing game is the style we usually can crush. I like our chances.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would love to see it, but they Hawks are just not that type of team. They had some blowouts last year, but they are more a team that gets a lead and then kind of pulls back a little. Annoying at times, but they just are not the type of team that is gonna' blow teams out. Hawks 17-13

RunTheBall

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3s647dt3 said:
Would love to see it, but they Hawks are just not that type of team. They had some blowouts last year, but they are more a team that gets a lead and then kind of pulls back a little. Annoying at times, but they just are not the type of team that is gonna' blow teams out. Hawks 17-13
Not the type of team that is gonna blow teams out? Did you not watch the Packers or Giants game?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Blow out? No.

Slow leak and a flat by 4th quarter will work for me!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Blow out?

Really doubt it, these divisional games are always usually close games except once in a while.

It'd be nice for sure, but I wouldn't bet the farm, and in fact the Hawks covering the spread might be close.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2nxiqpf6 said:
Blow out?

Really doubt it, these divisional games are always usually close games except once in a while.

It'd be nice for sure, but I wouldn't bet the farm, and in fact the Hawks covering the spread might be close.
Always usually close? Maybe when we go on the road. 4 of our last 6 Divisional home games have been blowout Seahawk victories.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Nope.

Cards are pretty good and very well coached. All those blitz packages against a makeshift interior line and that same press coverage that the receivers couldn't break away from last year could lead to a real long day.

I'd love a blowout, but I'd be utterly stunned if that happened.

Rob12

Reaction score
I do. I just don't feel like it will be a game. Arizona is the quintessential definition of smoke and mirrors to me. I'm really not impressed.

34-13, Seahawks. National media takes notice and says 'wait a minute.'

I don't see it being close. I really don't.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawk2k":hqkxz3qz said:
Nope.

Cards are pretty good and very well coached. All those blitz packages against a makeshift interior line and that same press coverage that the receivers couldn't break away from last year could lead to a real long day.

I'd love a blowout, but I'd be utterly stunned if that happened.

Yeah, we would at least have a chance with Unger directing the other four 'fingers.' Centers that do 'OK for a backup' are nowhere near ready to handle one of the best blitzing teams in the league. Russell will have to babysit the OL, which will put him a tick behind in dealing with blitzes, and his Center won't target the guys anywhere near as good as Unger can. Couple this with a very good secondary and you have a perfect recipe for trouble.

Blowout? I doubt it. A very long, frustrating game that the Hawks somehow pull out of their ass in the end?...maybe.

Overall matchups don't look good either. I'd feel much better if the Hawk DL could bring some heat. Present group had better be able to slow down the Tards' very persistent running attack as well. Third and short situations all day plays straight into their hands. Heck, the Hawks don't seem able to stop third and long situations very consistently either.

Excuse me if I'm not brimming optimism. If we can somehow put the binders on their short game, maybe the combo of the crowd and some blitz packages can rattle Stanton, but hey, wait, he's not exactly a rookie.

Hopefully the LOB can take advantage of the shots they take down field. That should give us some sort of chance if they can run a few ints back to at least create a short field. The score needs to stay close, so we can give them a steady dose of the Beast. I believe that's he's only consistent advantage we have on O. Other than that, Russell will have to turn the field into his sand lot to save what I think will be many broken plays. Our rook WR's will benefit from the learning experience, against very good press coverage, but I don't see them contributing much in this game.

dutchman063

Reaction score
I see a thread like this every week..lol... but it always the same craap results