Anyone else feel like we'll blow out the Cards this week

LargentFan

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2rqp7ohj said:
Yep, and when we do, the above three posters will pretend they knew it all along or make excuses/downplay the win.

Uh...do I know you? Because you certainly know exactly nothing about me...

If we blow them out, I will be very pleasantly surprised and hopeful. I still think we have a shot to win this division. I don't think it will happen, but I think it can happen. We lose this game and it won't happen though. Four games back with five to go is bad news bears. Two games back with five to go and half of the tie breaker? I like the sound of that.

irocdave

Reaction score
Haven't read a single response but feel that the Hawks are going to win convincingly at home against the Cards. I don't think the Hawks will follow this win up with any more in a row and make the playoffs, but this weekend feels like a win.

mikeak

Reaction score
How many INTs on Carson Palmer last year and we lost?

Hoping for a win, think maybe we can do it especially at home with backs against the wall. Would be thrilled with a blowout - don't see it.

Only way I see it is defensive points on the board by the Hawks. Think we had some in the Dallas game and well....

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3g7wt4d0 said:
Yep, and when we do, the above three posters will pretend they knew it all along or make excuses/downplay the win.
Funny, but true. Reminds me of the crowd that "is happy to be proven wrong".....Either you think it will be a blow out or you don't .

I say blow out.

RiverDog

Reaction score
No, I don't feel we'll blow them out. It's possible, but not probable.

I expect a low scoring game that goes down to the wire. Tough call and in these situations, I tend to go with the home team, plus this game is a lot more important to us than it is Arizona. I expect us to pull out all the stops. Expect a few trick plays, perhaps a fake punt or unexpected onsides kick that you don't normally see. We have to treat this one like a playoff game. The 12th man must show up for this one.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I don't expect a blow out at all. We are 7 point underdogs at home per Vegas :shock: . Only chance of a blow out is to play better on special teams flipping the field, and hope for lots of turnovers from the Cards.

marko358

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":1yfygly1 said:
I don't expect a blow out at all. We are 7 point underdogs at home per Vegas :shock: . Only chance of a blow out is to play better on special teams flipping the field, and hope for lots of turnovers from the Cards.
You sure about that spread? Should be the other way around.

King Dog

Reaction score
Sparkchaser737":q5jb5622 said:

I think you may have read that wrong. Last time I checked the spread was at 6.5 in the Hawks favor.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
King Dog":1kakskcm said:
Sparkchaser737":1kakskcm said:

I think you may have read that wrong. Last time I checked the spread was at 6.5 in the Hawks favor.
My bad....read it wrong, we are favored by 6.5...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":ic187wa8 said:

You don't know what you're talking about. If we blow them out, Blitzer will just complain that we should have saved some of those points for the road game against SF the next week. He's not about pretending.

Largent80

Reaction score
I just want the defense to begin resembling last years. A blowout?....I don't care, we have a huge game on Thanksgiving and I want to get thru this game with a win and no injuries.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3tj87tj5 said:

I don't see a correlation between being realistic that this won't be a blow out and somehow being a bad fan.

The Cardinals are 9-1, have a great D and beat a much more talented Hawks team here last year. What gives you any indication that THIS beat up and less talented Hawks team is going to win by a blow out?

We certainly SHOULD win, as our season depends on it, but a blow out? I can't go that far with what I've seen so far this year.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I had sort of a blowout-involved feeling, but it wasn't quite an inclination I thought it would actually happen. It was more along the lines of "Wouldn't it be cool if we just reamed the Cards like a red-headed **** ****. The Hawks would be back to where they belong in bad-assedness and it might be a turning point for both teams that ultimatedly results in the Hawks winning our division again, and blasting into a playoff (possibly Super Bowl) run."

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
kf3339":11g7urxc said:
We couldn't "blow out" the Raiders or Giants at home just a few weeks ago. How can anyone based on those results think we can now do that to a much better team?

We can possibly win, but it's going to be another close rough-house game with a very small point differential.
Because they were the Raiders. This the division-leading team with the best record in the NFL. GO HAWKS!