Any third round QBs this year with starter potential?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If Seattle were waiting for the right draft class to take a QB, this next draft is the one to do it.
I'm less enthused about it than before. Lotta fringe prospects who I don't think have the tools to develop.

Williams and Maye are both fine prospects. Jayden Daniels is your classic dual threat who a lot of people will overthink, but who also has bust potential like any other. Lot of middling dudes. Nix could be something. Penix is a weird prospect. I don't think he'll handle NFL pressure well.

Mid rounds might be the way to go. Pratt is a winner who has elevated Tulane, but he's got some real developin' to do. Jalon Daniels maybe.

How about Grayson McCall? What a wet fart season. Total UDFA stock now. Might have someone snag him in the 7th and practice squad him.

GemCity

Reaction score
Always a crapshoot.

I’d be more successful rolling 100 sided dice.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm less enthused about it than before. Lotta fringe prospects who I don't think have the tools to develop.

Williams and Maye are both fine prospects. Jayden Daniels is your classic dual threat who a lot of people will overthink, but who also has bust potential like any other. Lot of middling dudes. Nix could be something. Penix is a weird prospect. I don't think he'll handle NFL pressure well.

Mid rounds might be the way to go. Pratt is a winner who has elevated Tulane, but he's got some real developin' to do. Jalon Daniels maybe.

How about Grayson McCall? What a wet fart season. Total UDFA stock now. Might have someone snag him in the 7th and practice squad him.
AAAAAAND Drake Maye injured as I typed this post

Xxx

Reaction score

I like penix too but he seems like a stretch (Jake locker)

I like nix. He seems durable, mobile, great arm talent, so far all I’ve heard is he might not be good under center but you hear that a lot about college to pro transition

12AngryHawks

Reaction score

I like Pratt, but something tells me he stays another year in college, probably even transfer to a P5 team. A lot of talk about him transferring to Nebraska, or even Miami, and that's just fans talking, but it's not too farfetched to see him go to a Nebraska team that has, for so long, been in need of a winner at QB.

Funny thing about McCall, he was just about to transfer to Auburn last season before deciding to stay put...maybe that wasn't the best decision. Hard to tell, Auburn's been a mess for a good while now. Look at how Nix fared playing with them.

12forlife

Reaction score
Since when has that ever stopped john
People don't get how J/S & the nfl works. They simply just get on here to hear themselves talk, and stir the pot. They don't understand elementary football. Just cause we don't have a 2nd rd pick today, doesn't mean we can't trade a player such as DK, or just maybe we package our 2 3rd rd picks and move up?

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
People don't get how J/S & the nfl works. They simply just get on here to hear themselves talk, and stir the pot. They don't understand elementary football. Just cause we don't have a 2nd rd pick today, doesn't mean we can't trade a player such as DK, or just maybe we package our 2 3rd rd picks and move up?
I'm good with trading DK. Lockett, JSN, and Bobo can hold down the position; especially if we run more 12 personnel next year.

Two extra first rounders would practically guarantee we get our QBOTF and finish this roster rebuild by 2025.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
We also have the next 2 years of draft picks at our immediate disposal to move up if needed

Lot of flexibility here

jeremiah

Reaction score
Penix is exposed.. Penix
I think Penix is carrying the team, or thinks it is all on him. He is to the point of collapse. When Bo Nix wins the Heismann.... the pressure will lift and he will be a better player for it. For me, I want a QB with wheels and an arm... at least great mobility. He could be great on a team with the ability to pass protect.. For Bellichek he may be perfect.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I'm good with trading DK. Lockett, JSN, and Bobo can hold down the position; especially if we run more 12 personnel next year.

Two extra first rounders would practically guarantee we get our QBOTF and finish this roster rebuild by 2025.
Love Lockett, from the day he was drafted till now. Trade him if you need to get a QB...I am all in... DK, I would trade him for a sack of potatoes... he doesn't belong on any winning team. He would be great in Dallas... lol

CPHawk

Reaction score
Trade DK, take a WR in the 3-4 round. Tons of them this year. McMillan, and Polk from UW should be available. Rice from SC should be around in the 4th, he’s a big body guy who catches well. Badger from ASU has been really impressive when he gets a chance, but he’s had a RB throwing him the ball all year. UA has a couple 3-4 round types. And that’s just west coast WRs.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Nix is a front runner for the Heisman. If he wins, and especially if he beats WA and goes to the playoffs, how would he not be a top five pick? No way we have a shot at him. That said, it would sure be great if we didn't always treat the qb position as an afterthought, and instead, traded up or did whatever is necessary to get the guy they want. I like the 9'ers model, getting Lance and Purdy in the same draft. Increase your odds. If it takes trading DK to get our qbotf, fine. Lots of other big receivers that could equal his middling production. Now with all that said, they'll probably take a tackle in the 1st, pass on a future hof qb, and get some udfa qb and then wonder why we can't move the chains.

Yes, I'm jaded. Year after year of this will do that.

Latest posts