Any third round QBs this year with starter potential?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I just don't see us taking a first rounder at that position ever. The team and current front office as a rule just doesn't draft QBs. Firstly, we rarely have the draft capital to get an off the top guy, and last year when we did, we again ignored the position.

I'm convinced by the trends, this front office will try to get a value guy in round 3, or again just ignore the position and go free agent, tho maybe both. The thing I'm certain oif, there will be no first round drafted Seahawks QB next year. Come on now, y'all know it too...

I really have a feeling they're eyeing Justin Fields. IDK why, just have that feeling.

12forlife

Reaction score
I just don't see us taking a first rounder at that position ever. The team and current front office as a rule just doesn't draft QBs. Firstly, we rarely have the draft capital to get an off the top guy, and last year when we did, we again ignored the position.

I'm convinced by the trends, this front office will try to get a value guy in round 3, or again just ignore the position and go free agent, tho maybe both. The thing I'm certain oif, there will be no first round drafted Seahawks QB next year. Come on now, y'all know it too...

I really have a feeling they're eyeing Justin Fields. IDK why, just have that feeling.
I think you have very narrow thinking, and glad your not pulling the trigger on draft day! Who in the Hell does everyone think they missed out on the last 2 drafts? Cj Stroud is a stud, but they didn't have a chance at him. This year we will be in position to take "their guy". There are 6 legit starters going in the 1st rd this year! I bet you were one of the experts preaching last year that we would never draft a QB in the 1st rd? How did that narrow thinking work for you? NFL QB is the most important position in sports!!!! Yeah I doubt they would take a stud QB in the 1st? If you think that way get back on the short bus, and go home.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score

Michael Pratt, Brady Cook

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I think you have very narrow thinking, and glad your not pulling the trigger on draft day! Who in the Hell does everyone think they missed out on the last 2 drafts? Cj Stroud is a stud, but they didn't have a chance at him. This year we will be in position to take "their guy". There are 6 legit starters going in the 1st rd this year! I bet you were one of the experts preaching last year that we would never draft a QB in the 1st rd? How did that narrow thinking work for you? NFL QB is the most important position in sports!!!! Yeah I doubt they would take a stud QB in the 1st? If you think that way get back on the short bus, and go home.
6 QBs will not be drafted in the 1st rd.

Williams and Maye will be and possibly a 3rd will get drafted at the end of the 1st rd who would have gone in the 2nd. NFL GMs think a lot differently than your average fan. The QBs will be graded on what their potential is/ how their talents will translate to the NFL and not what they have done

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
A few QBs that will be drafted later that I like is Joe Milton (Tennessee), Cam Ward, JJ McCarthy (Michigan)

I am not a fan of Caleb Williams

12forlife

Reaction score
6 QBs will not be drafted in the 1st rd.

Williams and Maye will be and possibly a 3rd will get drafted at the end of the 1st rd who would have gone in the 2nd. NFL GMs think a lot differently than your average fan. The QBs will be graded on what their potential is/ how their talents will translate to the NFL and not what they have done
Well in the last 2 drafts kenny Pickett went in the 1st, and Will Levis went @ the top of the 2nd. In my opinion
Williams
Maye
Daniels
McCarthy
Nix
Penix
Are all better the Pickett & Levis, so why wouldn't they go 1st rd when there is atleast 9 QB needy teams? I'm not a GM, but I'd I were I would bet on one pf these guys over like a Rattler or Milton on the 4th rd?

Reactions: Xxx

CPHawk

Reaction score
A few QBs that will be drafted later that I like is Joe Milton (Tennessee), Cam Ward, JJ McCarthy (Michigan)

I am not a fan of Caleb Williams
Ward is on his way to visit UO.

GemCity

Reaction score
McCarthy in the 3rd would work for me.

Not to dispute but, I don’t see us taking one earlier than that either…simply because, under Pete’s reign…we haven’t.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Cam ward is actually in a mock I saw to day going to Seattle in the third, I like Bo nix in the second round if we could get to him.
I've been high on a few QB's lately, namely Daniels, but I can't shake off durability concerns due to his frame. Plus, some team ahead of us will likely take him anyway, so probably not something we have to worry about.

I've been gravitating towards Nix lately. Mobile pocket passers are my favorite kind of QB, someone that's not a statue, but won't get himself hurt running the ball too much. When I watch Nix, I just can't help but feel like he has command of the offense, he can read a defense and make adjustments at the LOS. I love his ability to extend a play & throw a nice ball on the run. One question I have about him though, is how does he play under center?

One other reason why I feel Seattle should take him though, is to keep him away from the Rams, Nix going a McVay offense will likely assure that our struggles against them continue for the next decade. Makes me shiver a bit just thinking about it.

Xxx

Reaction score
I've been high on a few QB's lately, namely Daniels, but I can't shake off durability concerns due to his frame. Plus, some team ahead of us will likely take him anyway, so probably not something we have to worry about.

I've been gravitating towards Nix lately. Mobile pocket passers are my favorite kind of QB, someone that's not a statue, but won't get himself hurt running the ball too much. When I watch Nix, I just can't help but feel like he has command of the offense, he can read a defense and make adjustments at the LOS. I love his ability to extend a play & throw a nice ball on the run. One question I have about him though, is how does he play under center?

One other reason why I feel Seattle should take him though, is to keep him away from the Rams, Nix going a McVay offense will likely assure that our struggles against them continue for the next decade. Makes me shiver a bit just thinking about it.
I haven’t watched much qb play for myself but today I saw nix flying to the right and then make a beautiful forbidden across your body throw back to the other side of the field for a touchdown. That’s arm talent

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm throwing draft trends out of the window with this one.

Pete and John aren't going to have hard rules about when to draft who. They'll draft whoever they feel they need to when backed into a corner. They've never had a clear opportunity to draft a worthwhile quarterback in the first round, unless you count Levis at 20. They did well to pass in 2010/2011, in 2012 they drafted a day 2 guy to compete with Flynn who JS had rated well higher, and taking a quarterback high between 2013-2021 would've been a hilarious provocation of our already pissed-off quarterback.

If they'll draft corners at 5 after 14 years of (arguably) not drafting one before 90 overall, they'll damn well consider quarterback. They're not going to just force it though. You can't manifest a franchise quarterback just by picking one high. Not how it works.

These guys aren't stupid, and the trends don't mean anything going forward. We're in a far different position than we have been.

Xxx

Reaction score
Well in the last 2 drafts kenny Pickett went in the 1st, and Will Levis went @ the top of the 2nd. In my opinion
Williams
Maye
Daniels
McCarthy
Nix
Penix
Are all better the Pickett & Levis, so why wouldn't they go 1st rd when there is atleast 9 QB needy teams? I'm not a GM, but I'd I were I would bet on one pf these guys over like a Rattler or Milton on the 4th rd?
I was thinking this too, I saw a draft board that had Nix going in the second, that’s a pipe dream

12AngryHawks

Reaction score

Pete and John aren't going to have hard rules about when to draft who. They'll draft whoever they feel they need to when backed into a corner. They've never had a clear opportunity to draft a worthwhile quarterback in the first round, unless you count Levis at 20. They did well to pass in 2010/2011, in 2012 they drafted a day 2 guy to compete with Flynn who JS had rated well higher, and taking a quarterback high between 2013-2021 would've been a hilarious provocation of our already pissed-off quarterback.

If they'll draft corners at 5 after 14 years of (arguably) not drafting one before 90 overall, they'll damn well consider quarterback. They're not going to just force it though. You can't manifest a franchise quarterback just by picking one high. Not how it works.

These guys aren't stupid, and the trends don't mean anything going forward. We're in a far different position than we have been.
If Seattle were waiting for the right draft class to take a QB, this next draft is the one to do it.

GemCity

Reaction score
Didn’t John have to convince Pete to take Russ even in the third
That’s what I thought as well. I think Pete would love to have a baller back there but, I don’t see him spending a 1-2 pick on the position.

Not to stir a hornets nest but, giving up a 2nd rounder for Williams indicates (at least to me) that we’re not going to push hard, trade up, etc. for a QB.

This could be the draft where we nail it in later rounds.

Xxx

Reaction score
That’s what I thought as well. I think Pete would love to have a baller back there but, I don’t see him spending a 1-2 pick on the position.

Not to stir a hornets nest but, giving up a 2nd rounder for Williams indicates (at least to me) that we’re not going to push hard, trade up, etc. for a QB.

Ughhhh don’t say that!!…

Xxx

Reaction score

Ok I shoulda kept reading. I’m ok with the late round steal

GemCity

Reaction score

I don’t disagree that there isn’t a hard rule in place for the Hawks or any other team for that matter.

But, I’d be shocked to see us pick a QB before the third round.

We just traded a 2nd rounder for Williams. No argument here but in what’s likely to be the richest QB draft in recent memory, we’re trading capital away with the overarching thought that we can compete (with Geno) now.

That doesn’t scream a first or second round QB pick.

Not a complaint…with the exception of picks like Collier, Eskridge over Creed, etc…we’ve done well (imo).

Latest posts