Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson?

Meeker

Reaction score
Luck does not fit Carroll's style, who likes the big play. Wilson is much better on the deep ball.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
I think it's very debatable moving forward who will have the better career. I can't definitively say it's Wilson hands down, nor can anyone else. It's definitely a realistic conversation to have though, which I never would've thought possible during my years coveting Luck for this franchise.

Regardless of all that, I'd take Wilson simply because I know he can win in this system, and he's endeared himself to Seattle in such an amazing way.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I agree Jags, you have to watch the player and see the intangibles...Wilson has a bunch of them. I am a volleyball believer.......WILSON...LOL :)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
So far, the number of people in this thread who'd prefer Luck: 0

Quite frankly, Wilson was the steal of the 2012 draft. If teams could have a do over, he'd go #2 at the minimum.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I guess my response would be a question:

Why do you care to argue with anybody who can't even take enough time to look at their career stats before weighing into that argument?

Had they checked the stats, there really wouldn't be any question about who the better QB is. Even with a decimated offensive line, RW has much better numbers this year.

drdiags

Reaction score
The OP should have created a Poll, that way he/she would get the vote of those who don't post (as well as a few division rivals anonymous votes). That would give him/her a more tangible number.

I think both will have successful careers. I don't think you go wrong with either. Both bring super-hot media attention to their teams. Both have shown the ability to mount comebacks. Both appear to be great leaders. Both can be deadly assassins. Both have NFL arms.

I take Wilson because on top of all the goodness he brings, selecting him where the team did allowed them to make many other moves. Now if we are talking about with the #1 pick in the draft? I cannot say for sure until 2 more years. Hindsight says it would not matter. A year ago, before seeing Wilson's work, it would have been a bloodbath among the fanbase.

It worked out just fine. This debate is a good one to have. To even be having it speaks to the good fortune Seahawks fans have witnessed the past few years.

EDIT: corrections to spelling (twice -- damn it)

hawker84

Reaction score
I personally would've been happy with either, but i agree Wilson fit's our scheme better at this point. Both have undeniable talent and the skills to carry his team when need be. What pushes me to the Wilson side, is in his short 2 seasons with this team, he has taken us and is taking us to a place many of us old time hawks fans have only been a couple times. I can't thank him enough for giving me my Seahawk football back, for that i'm already a life long fan. Skill wise and everything else, take your pick, they're both fantastic.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I would take Luck in a second... as Russell's backup!

Thank you, thank you very much!

No offense Tjack!

Basis4day

Reaction score
You would be crazy to think we couldn't win with Luck.

That being said, Seahawks fans are going to take Wilson. He emerged as a Seahawk. He dominated as a Seahawk. I wouldn't give up the memories i have if his play thus far for any other Qb.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We lost to the Colts because we shot ourselves in the foot about seven different times.

Take out both of the starting tackles for Indy, and half the remaining games without their starting center for the entire year except for two weeks. Think they have a winning record? That's what RW has dealt with the whole season except for the opener, and just last week's game.

Give me a break. Wilson to anyone with a level head that doesn't just regurgitate what they hear from the media about how dreamy of a QB Andrew Luck is.

253hawk

Reaction score
Nothing against Luck, but I don't think he'd be able to put a team on his back and win games with his legs like Wilson has had to do when he's had no time to pass (behind half of an offensive line.) Also, Russell is just way more fun to watch. Straight-up pocket passers bore the hell out of me.

Luck got smoked by the Rams. Wilson hasn't lost by more than a touchdown going all the way back to NC State in 2010.

jblaze

Reaction score
In a few years it's going to be Luck and Wilson at the top of the heap like it's been Brady and Manning for years. It seems whenever there's a great HOF QB, there's always a second one that's in the same draft class that take similar parallels in their careers and it's a great rivalry to watch and promote.

Manning, Brady, Brees will all retire in a couple of years and that will allow these young guys to rise to the top especially with more experience.

Regarding the original question and trying to be as objective as possible, I'd take Wilson. Both are solid players off the field that do things the right way and are great leaders. What separates the two for me is the intangibles. While Luck is functionally mobile, Wilson can scramble and make plays out of nothing. This adds another dimension that defenses need to account for and there's just too many variables for defenses to account for that you have to give them something.

Luck is the prototypical Elway clone who is an excellent pocket passer. Wilson is not something we've truly seen before and his definition is still being defined.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either of these guys. Both are unreal talents, who will be tearing it up for the next 10-15 years.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
There is not ONE Seahawk fan who would take Luck over Wilson.

I dare you to find even ONE.

The stats don't lie. Plus Wilson put up those stats behind a decimated oline. Every Hawk fan knows this. Every Hawk fan has seen what he can do.

I personally, wouldn't take Tom Brady, Aaron Rodger, nor Peyton Manning (but only because Peyton wouldn't survive behind our oline) over Russell Wilson.

Andrew Luck? Go play that Tom Hanks video again.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
While luck is a good quarterback, personally I dont see how he could have gotten us to where we currently are. Especially with our offensive line haven been beaten up most of the season. One of the big differences is Wilsons legs. His scrambling ability, extending plays and running/converting for some huge first downs. I believe this aspect is being a little overlooked. On top of that, I'd give the mental and leadership edge to Wilson.

We would be in good shape with luck, but we would be/are in better shape with Wilson.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
jblaze":7ii7fryf said:
g.

Luck is the prototypical Elway clone who is an excellent pocket passer. Wilson is not something we've truly seen before and his definition is still being defined.
Elway was a powerful runner who quickly got smart and learned to prolong his career. Wilson we HAVE seen before. He's Jim Zorn. He's Fran Tarkenton.

VANiner

Reaction score
As a die hard Niner fan, to me this question is like asking whom would you prefer Brees or Brady, both are future HOF'ers. I would take either over Kaep, RG3 or Cam.

I'll be at the Kaep vs. RG3 show on Monday night, routing for my Niners for that darn wildcard spot as a much better team knocked of off the top of the west this year.

Guardian

Reaction score
Ooo, that's a tough one. Well, on the the one hand, Wilson fits our offense better, makes better decisions, is more mobile, is way cheaper, and plays with more heart. On the other hand, Luck has all that residual hype from college, and is taller. Hmm... Yeah, I'm gonna have to think this one over.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you factor in the easy schedule the Colts faced last year and you put unbiased officiating in all their games going from when Luck was drafted until today and realize that the total # of wins Luck has would be cut in half, you have your answer, as well.

Latest posts