Am i alone here?

12forlife

Reaction score
The way I'm looking at how this draft is shaping up with our biggest need being DL we have to come away with Jalen Carter. After Carter the drop off is HUGE. Bressee has potential, but so did Malik McDowell. I dont want to see us reach with early rd picks. I would like to see us get Gervon Dexter or Mazi Smith and our biggest weakness becomes a strength? Seattle has to get Carter am I alone?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The way I'm looking at how this draft is shaping up with our biggest need being DL we have to come away with Jalen Carter. After Carter the drop off is HUGE. Bressee has potential, but so did Malik McDowell. I dont want to see us reach with early rd picks. I would like to see us get Gervon Dexter or Mazi Smith and our biggest weakness becomes a strength? Seattle has to get Carter am I alone?
Okay, Bears fan here. What are you going to give to trade up from #3 to #2? Eberflus wants a 3-tech guy, so it is quite likely that the Bears take Carter.

OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
Okay, Bears fan here. What are you going to give to trade up from #3 to #2? Eberflus wants a 3-tech guy, so it is quite likely that the Bears take Carter.
Hhmmm Good question, ill leave that up to JS. If it were me whatever it takes.

OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
Looking @ the draft chart there is a 400 point difference in the 2nd & 3rd pick. Our pick @ #48 is worth 420. So seattle gives you pick 3 & 48!

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
The assumption Carter is the target, I wouldn’t be surprised if Seattle tries to trade out of the draft spot if Carter is taken. Ignore all the rumors you hear leading up to the draft most of them are smoke signals

Hawks will have their draft board and plan when they would want to pick a certain player and will use this during the draft sometimes a good player will drop for what ever reason which might cause the team to switch gears such as with DK Metcalf who PC thought was worth the risk at the end of the 2nd rd

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Hhmmm Good question, ill leave that up to JS. If it were me whatever it takes.
If you’re offering “whatever it takes,” I’d rather trade with you. I would ask for the Seahawks second round pick. That is only 160 points over what the draft value chart indicates. That would let me draft a wide receiver in the top of second round to replace the draft pick that Poles (foolishly) traded to the Steelers for Claypool.

OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
If you’re offering “whatever it takes,” I’d rather trade with you. I would ask for the Seahawks second round pick. That is only 160 points over what the draft value chart indicates. That would let me draft a wide receiver in the top of second round to replace the draft pick that Poles (foolishly) traded to the Steelers for Claypool.

Pick #48 is the Seahawks pick.

Chevy

Reaction score
I would be okay overpaying to get Carter, but I would want the Bears 4th round pick in return as well. We would still be overpaying just not crazy town overpaying. So, our 1st and top-2nd round pick for the Bears 1st and 4th round pick.

OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
I would be okay overpaying to get Carter, but I would want the Bears 4th round pick in return as well. We would still be overpaying just not crazy town overpaying. So, our 1st and top-2nd round pick for the Bears 1st and 4th round pick.
I'm ok with that

vonstout

Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade up. Period. The Hawks should take either Carter or Anderson. I hope they don’t take a QB, but I think they might if Young falls to them. The only reason I’d prefer Carter is they could get a good edge guy with their other first.

OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
Nope. I need the higher second round pick, because the WR I want will be gone before 48, but I will throw in the Bears 4th round pick.
Oh dont be greedy and over think this. Take Johnston @ 3, get your DE @ 48

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I hope they don’t take a QB, but I think they might if Young falls to them.
wow, wouldn't that be a disaster? a qb that's even smaller and less athletic than russell wilson and without wilson's deep ball. pity the unfortunate team that overdrafts him.

The Hawks should take either Carter or Anderson.
100%

Last edited:

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Oh dont be greedy and over think this. Take Johnston @ 3, get your DE @ 48
No way I’m not taking Anderson at #3.

I want a good route running slot receiver who can get separation in those short and medium routes to move the chains. That’s not Johnston.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
According to the point chart Seattles high 2nd pick with the Bronco’s pic is a fair trade for pick #2 but if I was GM not making the trade there are too many holes to fill. If Carter is gone go to plan B, the Hawks are probably going to plan if Chicago has the 2nd pick they are taking Carter and adjust the draft board accordingly

Hawks are much more likely to trade down than up. This year’s DT class is weak in other years Carter would be lucky to be a top 10 pick let alone #1 just compare him to Chris Jones who wasn’t picked till the 2nd rd by the Chiefs

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
From my reading and observation, I don't believe Bresee fits the 3-4 scheme as well as he does the 4-3 scheme. If the Seahawks are sold on running 3-4 then Carter, Dexter, Smith, Siaki ika, and Keenu Benton are the type of NT/DTs that most likely fit the bill.

OP
OP

12forlife

Reaction score
No way I’m not taking Anderson at #3.

I want a good route running slot receiver who can get separation in those short and medium routes to move the chains. That’s not Johnston.
I'm dying to know who your dream receiver in the class?

massari

Reaction score
Seems like a good possibility that the Broncos lose to the Chiefs and Chargers, and an improving Justin Fields gets a win over the Lions or Vikings who may have nothing to play for in that final week.

NoGain

Reaction score
One year ago, it wasn't even a question who the Hawks would pick in the draft if they had had their druthers and had he been available: Will Anderson. Not really knowing who he was and watching Alabama play last year, I was like "who in the hell is this guy?" He stuck out to my eyes as much as any defensive player I can remember seeing. An absolute terror.

I still haven't gotten an adequate explanation why he backed off some this year stat-wise. I've heard some decent commonsensical explanations, but none that completely square with the beast I saw last year. I was thinking something along the lines of a Von Miller.

That's why I still lean a bit in his direction over Carter. I mean, Carter had 3 sacks this year from the interior, and Anderson had 17.5 sacks last year from the edge, not to mention his high solo tackles and tackles for loss totals. I can't seem to get Will Anderson of 2021 out of my mind.