Am i alone here?

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Bears are likely to trade away their pick for a King's Ransom so that some QB needy team can reach for a QB.
What did the Bears give to get Justin Fields? Or Mitchell Trubisky?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
One year ago, it wasn't even a question who the Hawks would pick in the draft if they had had their druthers and had he been available: Will Anderson. Not really knowing who he was and watching Alabama play last year, I was like "who in the hell is this guy?" He stuck out to my eyes as much as any defensive player I can remember seeing. An absolute terror.

I still haven't gotten an adequate explanation why he backed off some this year stat-wise. I've heard some decent commonsensical explanations, but none that completely square with the beast I saw last year. I was thinking something along the lines of a Von Miller.

That's why I still lean a bit in his direction over Carter. I mean, Carter had 3 sacks this year from the interior, and Anderson had 17.5 sacks last year from the edge, not to mention his high solo tackles and tackles for loss totals. I can't seem to get Will Anderson of 2021 out of my mind.
I haven't watched a lot Anderson -- but I've heard even though his sack numbers were lower, he still had similar pressure rates. A lot of people also mentioned how good he is at sealing the run. He also can cover if need be which is really cool for a guy known as a pass rusher. A lot of people seem really high on him.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
One things for sure... Poona will be FA and Al Woods is older than shit. If we miss out on Carter we better at least land a run-stuffing NT and maybe even double down on the position if possible. Younger and cheaper sounds good to me.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I think Poles trades back and gets more picks. And if he doesn't, I don't think the defense is all that bad to blow it on carter. Media want it because they gutted the defense but it's still been good. What been painful is Fields hasn't had any real help offensively... and after this season a lot... ALOT of contracts are up and they need to give him more to work with and protect him.
I just saw a mock draft where he trades clear down to #28 with the Bengals for Higgins plus a 2nd and 3rd. Poles could use one of those to get a right tackle. Then all he needs is a center, and Fields is all set.

The Bengals get Anderson to sack Mahomes and Allen.

I don’t think Poles will do this…..not with our worst scoring defense in the league. He’s going to prioritize the defensive line. I’ve been a Bears fan for enough decades to know how this franchise operates. The offensive line was even worse in 2021, and Poles still spent his first two draft picks on defense.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I just saw a mock draft where he trades clear down to #28 with the Bengals for Higgins plus a 2nd and 3rd. Poles could use one of those to get a right tackle. Then all he needs is a center, and Fields is all set.

The Bengals get Anderson to sack Mahomes and Allen.

I don’t think Poles will do this…..not with our worst scoring defense in the league. He’s going to prioritize the defensive line. I’ve been a Bears fan for enough decades to know how this franchise operates. The offensive line was even worse in 2021, and Poles still spent his first two draft picks on defense.
I saw that trade proposal on the Bear Down YouTube channel going from #2 to #28 is a huge jump instead of a 2nd and a 3rd needs to be a 1st round in 2024. 1st round pick for Cincy is essentially 2nd rd pick

If it was me I wouldn’t do the deal

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I saw that trade proposal on the Bear Down YouTube channel going from #2 to #28 is a huge jump instead of a 2nd and a 3rd needs to be a 1st round in 2024. 1st round pick for Cincy is essentially 2nd rd pick

If it was me I wouldn’t do the deal
I agree. But it still leaves the problem of no WR1 for Fields. Poles will probably try to get lucky in the 3rd or 4th round like last year.

I want him to try to trade for D. Hopkins or M. Evans if Brady retires and both these teams go into rebuild mode.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I agree. But it still leaves the problem of no WR1 for Fields. Poles will probably try to get lucky in the 3rd or 4th round like last year.

I want him to try to trade for D. Hopkins or M. Evans if Brady retires and both these teams go into rebuild mode.
An interesting draft scenario for the Bears. I agree with what was said about Tyree Wilson I really like him as a 5 tech 3-4 end and prefer him over Anderson

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Okay, Bears fan here. What are you going to give to trade up from #3 to #2? Eberflus wants a 3-tech guy, so it is quite likely that the Bears take Carter.
Another possible scenario to consider would be Seattle trading up to the #2 spot to take a qb, leaving carter on the board for the Bears. It might benefit both teams even if Seattle low balls simply because Bears still get their guy. Whatever Seattle throws their way is a bonus.

PhrasingBoom

Reaction score
If Jalen is taken before the Hawks can get to him, I would immediately be taking calls for a QB desperate team and just keep stacking up day 1 & 2 picks for '23 & '24.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Another possible scenario to consider would be Seattle trading up to the #2 spot to take a qb, leaving carter on the board for the Bears. It might benefit both teams even if Seattle low balls simply because Bears still get their guy. Whatever Seattle throws their way is a bonus.
I would definitely take that deal.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't care whether we take Anderson or Carter. The first two rounds are loaded with edge rushers, and both Siaki Ika and Bryan Bresee should be available with pick 12. Bresee looks JJ Watt-esque, albeit with limited snaps. And Ika is somewhere between Mone and Vea.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I wouldn’t trade up. Period. The Hawks should take either Carter or Anderson. I hope they don’t take a QB, but I think they might if Young falls to them. The only reason I’d prefer Carter is they could get a good edge guy with their other first.
Young is not that guy. Don't want him.

NoGain

Reaction score
Well Jalen Carter was pretty non-existent tonight. Not a good sign. Hmm...still wonder about his desire and motor.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Geno is going to command big money, so financially it’s likely going to be easier to draft one of the QBs & then they could easily afford getting one of the top DL free agents, either Javon Hargrave or Daron Payne, plus resign Poona.

gmor

Reaction score
One things for sure... Poona will be FA and Al Woods is older than shit. If we miss out on Carter we better at least land a run-stuffing NT and maybe even double down on the position if possible. Younger and cheaper sounds good to me.
I agree. With Geno due to get a pay raise, it'll have to come from somewhere. I think Poona will be moving on. There's some good DL out there, just can't wait to long to get them.

Chevy

Reaction score
Geno is going to command big money, so financially it’s likely going to be easier to draft one of the QBs & then they could easily afford getting one of the top DL free agents, either Javon Hargrave or Daron Payne, plus resign Poona.
There are no guarantees in Free Agency. Just because we have the money to sign Payne or Hargrave doesn't mean they will sign with the Seahawk. Also, the Seahawks seem unwilling to overpay for good free agents.

Your thoughts are sound, but Seahawks in Free Agency seem to always to be looking for discounts. I'm not excited about any non-QBs, anymore, in the top-3 of the 1st round.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The way I'm looking at how this draft is shaping up with our biggest need being DL we have to come away with Jalen Carter. After Carter the drop off is HUGE. Bressee has potential, but so did Malik McDowell. I dont want to see us reach with early rd picks. I would like to see us get Gervon Dexter or Mazi Smith and our biggest weakness becomes a strength? Seattle has to get Carter am I alone?
I like the idea of getting a great interior DT. Games are won and lost there , why isn't (hasn't) it been a point of emphasis?
Too busy taking LJ Collier and Eskridge

BASF

Reaction score
Well Jalen Carter was pretty non-existent tonight. Not a good sign. Hmm...still wonder about his desire and motor.
I am not here to defend him, but he was double teamed most of the game against the second best team in the nation (don't care about the rankings, either team would beat TCU)

Chevy

Reaction score
He is not a high motor guy, he gives up on plays too early. He has consistently, this season, taken plays off or he has a conditioning issues. He is a athletic freak, but yeah his desire to be great is not there. I no longer trust taking him in the top-10.

NoGain

Reaction score
He is not a high motor guy, he gives up on plays too early. He has consistently, this season, taken plays off or he has a conditioning issues. He is a athletic freak, but yeah his desire to be great is not there. I no longer trust taking him in the top-10.
I know you have to take so much of what you hear in this world with a dose of salt, but when Todd McShay comes right out front and talks about character issues with Carter, I'm a little bit concerned. That was not said idly, and he knew he was going to get blow-back from it, but he said it anyway. It's not like he just made it up, or so I don't think. He seems like a pretty plugged-in guy and not one to crap on someone unfairly.

I don't know...