Always take the points.

Rat

Reaction score
We were down by 17 and were deep in Falcons territory. Carroll made the right call, the execution was bad. I'll bet just about all of you would have made the same decision.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":259j5dze said:
Hind. Sight. Is. 20-20.

This. We want him to be big balls Pete when he picks up guys like Browner and Sherman and Wilson, then we're going to get a few other gambles here and there. This team is a manic depressive ride, but I can live with this one.

AlexHawk

Reaction score
Again those 3 points may change the game completely in either way. Carroll went with what he thought would lead to the best chance of us winning the game and we came pretty damn close, we should have won if anything blame the D giving up two huge plays.

nanomoz

Reaction score
In game:I've struggled with his decisions from the beginning.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Agreed. Not sure it cost us twice though. I'm sure Pete would have kicked a FG on a RW incomplete pass on third down to end the half. It was a very untimely sack.

My hands are still shaking.

I'm so bummed.........but proud.

nanomoz

Reaction score
We take that FG, we win. End of story.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Weren't we in field goal range when the clock ran out at the end of the first half? We should've kicked the damn fg.

BASF

Reaction score
Rat":3r8cynz4 said:
We were down by 17 and were deep in Falcons territory. Carroll made the right call, the execution was bad. I'll bet just about all of you would have made the same decision.

There is also another old school saying, "The first points are always the hardest." I would agree with you in almost any situation, but putting your first points on the board is very important. We should have kicked the field goal if only to quiet their crowd a little.

JKent82

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":61vm8i7j said:
Weren't we in field goal range when the clock ran out at the end of the first half? We should've kicked the damn fg.

Without the sack we would have. Got put in a bad spot.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I agree 100%, you always take the points.

Instead of taking the FG on 4th and 1 and being down by 10, we get no points and the Falcons offense replies and puts them up 20-0.

You gotta take those points in the middle of the second quarter!

Hind sight is 20-20, though. Great game.