Alternate logo???

StoneCold

Reaction score
Wartooth":3fianiop said:

Seeing it on the cap is better, but would prefer if along the sides they had extended the back part of the current logo, so you would have the face coming together in the front and what would look like wings along the side.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a logo, has zero to do with the performance on the field. Don't have to buy anything w/that logo in it.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to it because it hews relatively close — stylized as it is — to its Tlingit/Haida/Chilkat/etc. origins.

Granted, like the Eagle, Thunderbird, and Raven depictions in native PNW art, the Osprey is typically shown in profile, whereas human/spirit faces are typically in portrait. Even so, it maintains the "distorted" two-halves-as-one distinction of traditional portraiture (cf. below).

I'm much more a fan of the original logo because although its colorway is not traditional, its form generally is. The cartoony osprey was and will always be a step down from that. I digress.

F5ffcecdccab3ad31774a725baf9a13a
E4e7a6ff2a6133a2b2  native american art native art
IMG_2847.JPG

Seaswab

Reaction score
its like when we launched our new uniforms. Everyone bitched about them, but they sold like crazy. This will be the same.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Blindside":zwm4k9x1 said:
The new "logo" should have gone through a focus group first. Personally it is too early to switch to a new logo. The current logo is too cool to change for now. They should seriously reconsider that "eaglehead" logo.
they're not switching logos, its an alternate.

Seaswab

Reaction score
drcool":5jd33c52 said:
My first reaction when I saw it last week was that I didn't like it but it is already growing on me and I think it looks pretty good on the t-shirts and hats. I believe the apparel with the logo will be for sale some time Friday.
how did you see it last week?

drcool

Reaction score
Seaswab":1ezrc87v said:
drcool":1ezrc87v said:
My first reaction when I saw it last week was that I didn't like it but it is already growing on me and I think it looks pretty good on the t-shirts and hats. I believe the apparel with the logo will be for sale some time Friday.
how did you see it last week?

I work at Fanatics.com (which also powers proshop.seahawks.com and nflshop.com). I get to see all the stuff early

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":v8px94uq said:
It's a logo, has zero to do with the performance on the field. Don't have to buy anything w/that logo in it.

Are we allowed to have an opinion on it?

DJrmb

Reaction score
To me it looks like something I might buy for my kid or for a child (looks cartoonish), but never on anything I would wear... Maybe that's their angle, something specifically aimed for children?

uncle fester

Reaction score
I try to remain positive on these boards but that is a bad idea, and bad design.

If something's not broken, don't fix it.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
By the end of the season, this merch is going to be dirt cheap.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't look like a mean/angry-hawk. Looks like somewhat annoyed-hawk. I don't really like it, but I think it does look ok on that hat.

But anyway... merchandising!!!

Latest posts