All good things must come to an end

Wizofwest

Reaction score
I like many here will miss Random Thoughts...and anything you write really. It is obvious you have a passion for it and are knowledgable. It is hard to be beat down over and over and I completely understand wanting to hang it up.
As a coach of youth from 4 - 17 and a board member of too many sports organizations it is incredible to me that people put so much energy into complaining and absolutely no energy into volunteering or being supportive. It really makes you ask why even put forth the effort. It is exhausting.
I wish you the best in whatever you choose to do next. If you do decide to write somewhere, drop us a line. You have a lot of fans of your work.

Scott

nwHawk

Reaction score
Stiletto":wqpey4bk said:
Why not just have the mods lock your threads? Why do the rest of us have to suffer because of the clowns that can't keep their mouths shut and recognize a good thing?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

AGREED. Let RTs be the 1st blog article on .net and lock it. Then, folks can be inspired to start their own threads.

Kip, I respect your position and I can relate to folks ranting about posts/comments they disagree with (which is part of the reason I don't post very often anymore).

I've always appreciated your tireless research, thought and posts. Stay classy.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":a30cbt4d said:
But Pehawk is right though. When someone clearly crosses the line people need to speak up, the more people the better. That's not excuse to be mean, I think maybe the best way of keeping posters in line is how we make jokes about it, and it makes those posters self-conscious of their personality tics. If we don't stand up for others, that forces the person themselves to stand up for themselves and look defensive. Which just escalates fighting.

Problem is, alot of people take this too seriously for joking at their expense. They then whine, loudly. So loud it can permanently stain a contributers standing and perceived value.

Or, so I've heard...

razgriz737

Reaction score
kearly":16zrflof said:
drdiags":16zrflof said:
The danger is if people speak out, and it is the same ones constantly harping on people to watch themselves and pay attention to the forum rules, they become viewed as wanna-be mods and full of themselves.

It is definitely a fine line to be sure. If Seahawks.net every became a "clique" like the John Morgan era Field Gulls, where any dissent to the popular way of thinking made people gang up on you, a lot of people (including me) would ditch .net like a bat out of hell. It's important to make sure the culture of .net never even approaches that kind of hive-mind situation.
It really is tough to decide where to draw that line. I much like .NET the way it is as a place of open discussion where everybody feels welcome even if that means things get out of hand sometimes. If this place turned into an elitist club I would be gone in a heartbeat.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I was just taking the piss saying you'll be back. I totally get why you're giving it up and totally support the decision. Hell, I could never figure out why you did it in the first place. Thats a lot of work for free. Way I see it, Rock probably owes you a ton of money for the amount of content you've provided...

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Kearly's contributions will still be here but as a normal average member and not the expected contribution of a weekly article.

We have been very fortunate over the years for people like Kearly, remember The Tabs used to write a lot, Tex and his humorous articles, then there is Doug DeFarr, there have been others, Absolute used to do a good X and O's explanation as well.

Call it burn out or moving on or becoming more a Job then a Labor of love.

They contribute in their own way, all are Seahawks Fans, as we say these days Next Man Up, or Men / Women.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2a12rw29 said:
I too appreciate it when the insight that you give is something I never considered. One thing that may be a future consideration is a Random Thoughts with a LOCK on the thread like the gameday when it is done. The attacks would probably stop and maybe they could take some parts that show promise and embellish those. I know that is kinda what they do in the main forum sometimes anyway, by nitpicking one part and all. Just some thoughts and I dont know how it would work too. Good luck in the future.

I agree with the "LOCK"ed thread concept. I for one look forward to reading your Random Thoughts post weekly. I don't think anyone always knows all of the answers and find that your thoughts combined with my own and others greatly help me understand the possibilities and potential of Seahawk football.

I hope you consider other solutions, and or just keep posting.

Much appreciated.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Right after a game, that was the first thing I would look for when getting on line, and coming here to .NET because it helped me to regroup all my scattered and running amok thoughts, especially after a loss.
I'm going to miss RT and your well thought out break downs of the game, and your insightful perspective of them.
Those that can..DO, and those that can't, should STFU.