4th and Inches = 6-3

TypeSly

Reaction score
This defined the game. Might have been the dumbest call this season.

Smellyman

Reaction score
one of the wussiest moves in coaching history.

Pete lost the sidelines on that play on this day.

Some serious Pete 'rahs rahs' needed this short week.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Apparently we don't have a recipe for 4th and inches.

W

Welshers

I made a thread about this as well... was one of the most boneheaded calls ive ever seen in the NFL

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
Smellyman":2hxpjp1o said:
one of the wussiest moves in coaching history.

Pete lost the sidelines on that play on this day.

Some serious Pete 'rahs rahs' needed this short week.

Yeah, no kidding! This was baffling, considering it was "Optimistic Pete" AKA "Mr. 4th and go for it" who made that call. :?: :!:

hawk45

Reaction score
The idea of this being some terrible call rests largely on the notion that the D couldn’t stop the Rams from scoring at will.

The defense did stop the rams today, plenty, especially considering the free possessions handed out by Russ.

Not handing the rams a short field was an eminently defensible decision.

knownone

Reaction score
I would have been fine with it if they didn't challenge the play. He was obviously short. So if you are going to call a challenge and burn a time out, you have to go for it.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
hawk45":232rkd00 said:
The idea of this being some terrible call rests largely on the notion that the D couldn’t stop the Rams from scoring at will.

The defense did stop the rams today, plenty, especially considering the free possessions handed out by Russ.

Not handing the rams a short field was an eminently defensible decision.

No, the defence had done nothing up to that point. They had just given up a 93 yard drive. The defensive stops came later, when the Rams got more conservative.

getnasty

Reaction score
we lost because Pete didn't go for a 4th and 1(which we suck at) on his own 40 in the 3rd quarter? We lost because Russell sucked today.

Smellyman

Reaction score
getnasty":37h84kxy said:
we lost because Pete didn't go for a 4th and 1(which we suck at) on his own 40 in the 3rd quarter? We lost because Russell sucked today.

The 4th down was the nail, RW hammered it home

Elemas

Reaction score
Severe lack of trust. All of which the team felt ofc.

Trying to draw them offsides was the "omfg you gotta be f*%$&#@ kidding me" moment we all mumbled.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
Elemas":3hlgd0pk said:

Trying to draw them offsides was the "omfg you gotta be f*%$&#@ kidding me" moment we all mumbled.

Or severe over-confidence in the defence to make a stop. Which they didn't.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Yeah Pete is so stupid....everyone on .net just knew the D would give up that 3&13 that followed...

After failing the challenge and drawing them off I thought the punt was the right call, if they go no huddle from jump I would’ve been ok with that call.

In my opinion the game was lost when Russ threw the first pick, game could’ve been tied up with all the momentum going to the Hawks D. The second pick was a legit great play by the DB and the fumble I put on the center. Russ is rightfully getting gun shy, dude has been getting pounded and it seems opponents has free runners all the time....Jones had a huuuge whiff that almost got Russ killed.

pugs1

Reaction score
TypeSly":23kejo65 said:
Elemas":23kejo65 said:

Possibly no confidence in Homer, Dallas or Collins in that situation. Carson getting injured is again killing this team.

hawk45

Reaction score
TypeSly":8hmacpvs said:
Elemas":8hmacpvs said:

The defense kept us well in range down the stretch so avoiding a short field turned out just fine for us.

OP
OP
TypeSly

TypeSly

Reaction score
getnasty":1whodcr1 said:

It was in the Rams' zone. This is why Pete willingly took the delay of game penalty, because it wasn't a full punt distance away. 4th and inches (while trailing), with the best offence in the NFL or give them the ball with the worst defence in the NFL, that hasn't stop a damm thing up to that point?

Latest posts