4th down gamble

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
If Seattle would have kicked a field goal on that first 4th down, they would have been in position for the game winner. Of course it's easy to say that now after the fact, and Meyers definitely has struggled this year, but the defense was clicking. Should they have went for it on that initial 4th down or should they have kicked the field goal?

Smellyman

Reaction score
If Seattle would have kicked a field goal on that first 4th down, they would have been in position for the game winner. Of course it's easy to say that now after the fact, and Meyers definitely has struggled this year, but the defense was clicking. Should they have went for it on that initial 4th down or should they have kicked the field goal?
Nothing would happen identically the same. Cinci wouldn't have been backed up and would probably be at the 25 on the KO and played it much differently.

beastalamode

Reaction score
They needed to go for the td on 3rd and 20, not try to get close for a 4th and 7. Once they did that I knew they didn't trust their defense. I don't get it, at that point in the game I had more faith in the defense to hold than our offense getting the 7

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Nothing would happen identically the same. Cinci wouldn't have been backed up and would probably be at the 25 on the KO and played it much differently.
True. But they still had 2 timeouts plus the 2 minute warning. The way the defense was playing, I think our chances would have been better taking the points rather than attempting not one, but two 4th down plays.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
The way the offense was working I had a math nerd moment of immediately kicking a 45 yard field goal with time left for our defense to make stops and then go kick another and win 19-17

kidhawk

Reaction score
When you are in the red zone as much as we were this game you have to come out with more than 13 points. The offense couldn’t finish the job today. We could have won by two scores easy if we played better in the red zone.

Latest posts