49ers NT Glenn Dorsey - out for the season

irocdave

Reaction score
SF49r":1qo5mz3e said:
RolandDeschain":1qo5mz3e said:
SF49r":1qo5mz3e said:
Now that is highly debatable. We got two TDs before the 4th quarter, and we "won" the division that year at 7-9 while you lost by a larger margin against us in Seattle earlier that year. At best, one could say the whole division didn't deserve to be in the NFL that year, putting forth a division winner with a winning record.

And sitting at 7-9 still had HFA in the wildcard round.

And the Hawks collapsed because they had no business being in the playoffs. Ooops, that was what was supposed to happen. But what really happened niner fan? Lets see this thought process to the end, not cherry pick it.

BTW, sucks to have injuries, doesn't matter which team. Sorry for the loss of a player. Next man up, same as every team.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Heck, still waiting for the Russ Wilson era Hawks to not have to go to SF on a short week (at least those were kept close).

irocdave

Reaction score
SF49r":1cudjisq said:
RolandDeschain":1cudjisq said:
SF49r":1cudjisq said:
Now that is highly debatable. We got two TDs before the 4th quarter, and we "won" the division that year at 7-9 while you lost by a larger margin against us in Seattle earlier that year. At best, one could say the whole division didn't deserve to be in the NFL that year, putting forth a division winner with a winning record.
And sitting at 7-9 still had HFA in the wildcard round.

And niner fans wonder why hawk fans troll them.

Typed a bunch of stuff that have given my PM account a visit by a mod again.

irocdave

Reaction score
Most niner fans are like the bully that gets his clocked cleaned several times by the new bully. He is just to stupid to change tactics.

SF49r

Reaction score
Lol? Not trying to insult the hawks just saying how flawed the NFL playoffs are when a 7-9 team gets HFA over a 11-5 team

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SF49r":ohk6zvq3 said:
Lol? Not trying to insult the hawks just saying how flawed the NFL playoffs are when a 7-9 team gets HFA over a 11-5 team
Who says it's flawed? The Rams going 7-9 in the NFC West was a tougher accomplishment than Philly going 10-6 was last year. Strength of schedule (which cannot be measured even remotely accurately in advance; you have to do it after the conclusion of the regular season, looking back at that season) plays a huge role in your overall record. Look at the Broncos...13-3 and got pancaked by us. I feel very confident in saying that the Broncos would have lost Super Bowl XLVIII to not only the Seahawks but the Saints, 49ers, and Panthers as well, though none of them would have smoked them as badly as we did.

A single automatic home game by winning your division is the right way to play it, IMO. There are too many X factors to base it solely on # of wins.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SF49r":1b0324ik said:
That is a stupid rule IMO, was saying at the time NO should have hosted that game, IMHO HFA should be decided by record and not winning a (weak) division, ie currently the NFC East. The NFL's rules bit them in the ass that year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":hvmipbke said:
SF49r":hvmipbke said:
That is a stupid rule IMO, was saying at the time NO should have hosted that game, IMHO HFA should be decided by record and not winning a (weak) division, ie currently the NFC East. The NFL's rules bit them in the ass that year.
...You just argued against yourself, since a lot of the teams with the best records each year had a cream puff slate of opponents.

Replace the Cardinals and Rams in our division with the Patriots and Broncos last year, and both would have missed the playoffs, I'm pretty certain.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jeez if the 49ers didn't have the Saints, Rams, Falcons and later Panthers to beat up on before Realignment how many Super Bowls would you have made it to?

Having to earn it now is a lot different than being ahead of the expansion division.

Actually the Rams beat up on the 49ers until Merlin Olsen retired.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bx15do1 said:
SF49r":3bx15do1 said:
Who says it's flawed? The Rams going 7-9 in the NFC West was a tougher accomplishment than Philly going 10-6 was last year. Strength of schedule (which cannot be measured even remotely accurately in advance; you have to do it after the conclusion of the regular season, looking back at that season) plays a huge role in your overall record. Look at the Broncos...13-3 and got pancaked by us. I feel very confident in saying that the Broncos would have lost Super Bowl XLVIII to not only the Seahawks but the Saints, 49ers, and Panthers as well, though none of them would have smoked them as badly as we did.

A single automatic home game by winning your division is the right way to play it, IMO. There are too many X factors to base it solely on # of wins.
I agree, the current system is fair. Until (or if) the league ever changes the division settings I think this is the only way possible. It makes sense, seeing as how we have to fight within our own division more than against other teams every year.

If they were to go to an nba style league then I could see a different playoff format.

Edit: spelling

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SF49r":ckr1o75z said:

And you would have hosted that game, but, MIKE MARTZ! Jeezy Creezy on a bike, that series of playcalls vs the Cardinals inside the 5 yard line that year was almost as incompetent as the series of playcalls GRo had vs Baltimore inside the 5 in the SB.

SF49r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22qwtwe9 said:
SF49r":22qwtwe9 said:

Good point but honestly I think the cardinals should have gone to the playoffs instead of the packers who went 8-7-1 in there weak ass division.

SF49r

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":14hh3g1v said:
SF49r":14hh3g1v said:
yeah it did also bit the cards in the ass last year finishing 10-6 in a tough division misses the playoffs while the packers go 8-7-1 in a weak division and make the playoffs

Scottemojo":14hh3g1v said:
SF49r":14hh3g1v said:

And you would have hosted that game, but, MIKE MARTZ! Jeezy Creezy on a bike, that series of playcalls vs the Cardinals inside the 5 yard line that year was almost as incompetent as the series of playcalls GRo had vs Baltimore inside the 5 in the SB.
Don't remind me lol

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2g34l253 said:
Sports Hernia":2g34l253 said:
SF49r":2g34l253 said:
...You just argued against yourself, since a lot of the teams with the best records each year had a cream puff slate of opponents.

Replace the Cardinals and Rams in our division with the Patriots and Broncos last year, and both would have missed the playoffs, I'm pretty certain.
Not really, but I'll admit the "creampuff" schedule thingy is the fly in the ointment on my plan.
I know I'd be pissed if Seattle ever goes 11-5 or better and doesn't get a home game for the first game and has to go play an 8-8 or 7-9 team on the road because that team won it's crap division.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sometimes a team wins the division because of cream puff opposition in their division, and sometimes a wild card gets in because of the same, etc. Changing it won't change anything, just rearrange some of the teams that get in but based on the same biased philosophy. So, why change it?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1pgb279i said:
757Niner":1pgb279i said:
NorthDallas40oz":1pgb279i said:
Torn bicep muscle. Tough break at a TargetBlank]position where they're already thin.

Mikey from Oakland wants to know what position do I think is the 49ers’ deepest.

BW: It’s a loaded roster so there are plenty of spots to choose from, but I have to go with the defensive line. It is so deep. The 49ers could keep 10 defensive linemen and every one of them is worthy of being in an NFL rotation. This group is going to be good for years to come. Young players such as Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ian Williams, Demarcus Dobbs, Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and rookie Kaleb Ramsey are all backups. But all have big potential.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisc...epest-positio

Isn't it awesome when potential is factored in? Guys that have little experience can just be super stars on paper. Oh, dude got hurt? Here comes Ian Williams and his handful of tackles. No concerns there. Carradine? With a name like that he must be dominant. Hey, I saw Dobbs out there for a few games, oh and Ramsey... a rookie, its obvious that any of those guys would be part of an NFL rotation. Especially based on their performance in games.

Maybe everyone of those guys is a stud DLine player, but nobody has seen it in a real game yet. But a writer said so, it is totally legit.

Yeah...none of those guys have proven anything, but Ian Wiiliams earned the starting spot over Dorsey in camp last year. Dial has looked really good in camp this year as has Carradine (tho Fangio did say today he's making too many mistakes). The funny thing is that the guy getting the snaps right now with the ones is Purcell...who is more famous for being the guy Brooks hit over the head.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3n8sz036 said:
loafoftatupu":3n8sz036 said:
757Niner":3n8sz036 said:
NorthDallas40oz":3n8sz036 said:
Torn bicep muscle. Tough break at a TargetBlank]position where they're already thin.

Mikey from Oakland wants to know what position do I think is the 49ers’ deepest.

BW: It’s a loaded roster so there are plenty of spots to choose from, but I have to go with the defensive line. It is so deep. The 49ers could keep 10 defensive linemen and every one of them is worthy of being in an NFL rotation. This group is going to be good for years to come. Young players such as Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ian Williams, Demarcus Dobbs, Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and rookie Kaleb Ramsey are all backups. But all have big potential.

Isn't it awesome when potential is factored in? Guys that have little experience can just be super stars on paper. Oh, dude got hurt? Here comes Ian Williams and his handful of tackles. No concerns there. Carradine? With a name like that he must be dominant. Hey, I saw Dobbs out there for a few games, oh and Ramsey... a rookie, its obvious that any of those guys would be part of an NFL rotation. Especially based on their performance in games.

Maybe everyone of those guys is a stud DLine player, but nobody has seen it in a real game yet. But a writer said so, it is totally legit.

Yeah...none of those guys have proven anything, but Ian Wiiliams earned the starting spot over Dorsey in camp last year. Dial has looked really good in camp this year as has Carradine (tho Fangio did say today he's making too many mistakes). The funny thing is that the guy getting the snaps right now with the ones is Purcell...who is more famous for being the guy Brooks hit over the head.
Let's pull Williams' stat line shall we?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3w4fbyfh said:
Marvin49":3w4fbyfh said:
loafoftatupu":3w4fbyfh said:

Yeah...none of those guys have proven anything, but Ian Wiiliams earned the starting spot over Dorsey in camp last year. Dial has looked really good in camp this year as has Carradine (tho Fangio did say today he's making too many mistakes). The funny thing is that the guy getting the snaps right now with the ones is Purcell...who is more famous for being the guy Brooks hit over the head.[/quote]
Let's pull Williams' stat line shall we?[/quote]

Yeah...might have something to do with a broken ankle on a cut block in Seattle in week 2.

He was the starter and one of the reasons they were OK with letting Sopoaga walk.

Obviously he hasn't proved anything in games yet, but he had earned the starters job over Dorsey last year with a very good camp.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Please don't expect me or any Seahawks fan to apologize for winning the division and earning the right to play a home game with a 7-9 record, to a Whiner fan. They would have killed to be in out position if they were capable of winning 7 games that year. Patriots fans sure, but not a team that couldn't even win 7 games in the same damn division.

A Whiner commenting in a negative manor about that season is the biggest joke on the planet. We won because the teams in our division were WORSE than us and that includes the puke stained Whiner fans that were on our boards at the beginning of the season trying (Once again) to tell us how they were going to kick our ass and be the envy of the football world.

You know who was the laughing stock of the NFL that year? The Whiners because every Whiner fan bought into the NFL hype that they were suppose to be a good team but once again they couldn't even play 500 ball. What a fricken joke.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3u4dcwp0 said:
but he had earned the starters job over Dorsey last year with a very good camp.

You already said that. It doesn't mean shit Marvin. He hasn't done anything and the writer from the posted chunk of article was talking about how those guys could be a part of any rotation. But-but-but nothing. Oh there's Dobbs.. the most experienced on that list of names. But they are all surely having a GREAT camp.

Latest posts