1/02/23 Seahawks mock draft

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
If you post something expect opinions and replies you will not like.

The first 3 picks do nothing to address the glaring holes we had this year.

Drafting a QB instead of a potential generational defender, while you still have Geno does nothing to help our weakness that is a defense.

While I do not disagree with a WR with the second 1st rounder as I expect it to be a WR /DE/DT, I believe the Hawks will target a bigger body big play receiver.

I could see the Hawks taking a Center especially in the 2nd, and I know John will make a trade or two.

Overall it meets some of our needs, but does so in a way that denies us the impact defenders we greatly need.
You are kinda of right. I'm good if someone respectfully disagrees. But I get defensive with passive aggressive people (something I need to work on in my life).

Mix

Reaction score
You are kinda of right. I'm good if someone respectfully disagrees. But I get defensive with passive aggressive people (something I need to work on in my life).
It's all good brother, we all have our personal struggles. You at least appear to be actively aware and working on one, that's more than most. Cheers.

JGreen79

Reaction score
If Seattle takes anyone but Carter or Anderson at pick 3, Hawks fans should riot. If those two are taken #1 and #2 they should trade back. QB at #3 this draft is a wasted pick. Since the Saints in '09, every SB winning team either built the rest of the team before getting their QB or they were the Patriots.

This team is not at the "get your QB" stage yet. If you hit on one later in the draft it's even better, but the priority has to be the rest of the team first.

Kinger95

Reaction score
If Seattle takes anyone but Carter or Anderson at pick 3, Hawks fans should riot. If those two are taken #1 and #2 they should trade back. QB at #3 this draft is a wasted pick. Since the Saints in '09, every SB winning team either built the rest of the team before getting their QB or they were the Patriots.

This team is not at the "get your QB" stage yet. If you hit on one later in the draft it's even better, but the priority has to be the rest of the team first.
This. Couldn’t agree more. Why start the clock on our cheap qb when we still have a horrible defence and we’re probably gonna still have a few holes on a few draft misses this year. Gives us more time to build up a respectable D

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
This. Couldn’t agree more. Why start the clock on our cheap qb when we still have a horrible defence and we’re probably gonna still have a few holes on a few draft misses this year. Gives us more time to build up a respectable D
I have thought I would be open to trading back with a team in the top 10 which maybe QB hungry such as Indy or Carolina for a 1st in 2023 and 2024 thinking either team will still have a poor 2023 season making the 2024 draft pick in the top 10 in QB deep draft

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree Young doesn’t have nearly Wilson’s arm strength or deep ball but he is so good at the stuff that wasn’t Wilson’s strengths. Young sees the whole field and processes it very quickly. I’m torn I could see him ending up like many in here think he will but I could also see him being one of the best pure passers in the league. To me he’s worth the risk but I get it after watching Tua get hurt and others

getnasty

Reaction score
Which DT are you picking up in free agency with the money saved from letting Geno go? That's my thought process if they end up going QB with the first pick.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I agree Young doesn’t have nearly Wilson’s arm strength or deep ball but he is so good at the stuff that wasn’t Wilson’s strengths. Young sees the whole field and processes it very quickly. I’m torn I could see him ending up like many in here think he will but I could also see him being one of the best pure passers in the league. To me he’s worth the risk but I get it after watching Tua get hurt and others
He's short so how does he see the whole field?He can't even run like orange 3 and without
a good deep arm that is a red flag.
His size is fragile and he missed games because of it,I'm not getting what the hype is.
He processes fast?Let's give him that one thing for the hell of it.
Somebody else said build him an OL-Here we go again..For a top 3 pick that loves to stand
far back like Kyler and 3 with a weaker arm so he can see.
What are we getting for this top 3 pick?
All I see is an average QB at best..You don't need that in the first round.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Which DT are you picking up in free agency with the money saved from letting Geno go? That's my thought process if they end up going QB with the first pick.
You have another first and two seconds. Plenty of capital to get a good DT

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
As a GM I would target Hargrave or Daron Payne. But Pete and Schneider haven't signed FA that were considered in the top-20 FA pool. I feel like maybe the location and weather may be going against us for the top FA players...OR the Seahawks haven't offered enough for the top free agents in the past.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
He's short so how does he see the whole field?He can't even run like orange 3 and without
a good deep arm that is a red flag.
His size is fragile and he missed games because of it,I'm not getting what the hype is.
He processes fast?Let's give him that one thing for the hell of it.
Somebody else said build him an OL-Here we go again..For a top 3 pick that loves to stand
far back like Kyler and 3 with a weaker arm so he can see.
What are we getting for this top 3 pick?
All I see is an average QB at best..You don't need that in the first round.
I don't think by any means Young is a sure fire can't miss QB, but those types of QB's rarely happen in drafts. The ability to process what he sees (going through progressions), throwing with anticipation, and accuracy are rarely things you can teach to a QB. A QB that has the cannon arm with good athleticism I think are more common. For me Bryce Young has elite ability to go through his reads, throw with timing and anticipation, and accuracy of ball placement.

There are some great athletic QB's with big arms in this draft, but they are wild cards. That said I would still be excited if we drafted any of the top-4 QB's, I feel like they are lottery tickets that may hit.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I don't think by any means Young is a sure fire can't miss QB, but those types of QB's rarely happen in drafts. The ability to process what he sees (going through progressions), throwing with anticipation, and accuracy are rarely things you can teach to a QB. A QB that has the cannon arm with good athleticism I think are more common. For me Bryce Young has elite ability to go through his reads, throw with timing and anticipation, and accuracy of ball placement.

There are some great athletic QB's with big arms in this draft, but they are wild cards. That said I would still be excited if we drafted any of the top-4 QB's, I feel like they are lottery tickets that may hit.
Ok lottery tickets that MAY hit..
I just don't like the odds with that type.Stroud doesn't feel like a lottery ticket
I think he goes first though.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Ok lottery tickets that MAY hit..
I just don't like the odds with that type.Stroud doesn't feel like a lottery ticket
I think he goes first though.
There is also Levis and Richardson as lottery ticket QB's. I wouldn't feel comfortable with either in the top-3, but at the same time I could see why a GM would select them in the top-5.

This draft will be a must watch! There are so many differing opinions with this year's QB prospects.

Jville

Reaction score
As a GM I would target Hargrave or Daron Payne. But Pete and Schneider haven't signed FA that were considered in the top-20 FA pool. I feel like maybe the location and weather may be going against us for the top FA players...OR the Seahawks haven't offered enough for the top free agents in the past.

With the Mone injury and surgery, identifying an Al Woods protege would be timely. I'm thinking about the need for a legitimate nose tackle to develop with the assistance of Big Al.

Posted to you tube one month ago .......

Posted to you tube 4 months ago .........

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
With the Mone injury and surgery, identifying an Al Woods protege would be timely. I'm thinking about the need for a legitimate nose tackle to develop with the assistance of Big Al.

Posted to you tube one month ago .......

Posted to you tube 4 months ago .........

Woods is one of my favorite players on the team. He is a bully with his size and length but yeah, he is old. Mone is a legit back up or decent starting NT on a loaded defensive team.

I love Mazi Smith! He is a disruptive NT/DT. He is on my Draftmis list for the Seahawks.

Good call out.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I have thought I would be open to trading back with a team in the top 10 which maybe QB hungry such as Indy or Carolina for a 1st in 2023 and 2024 thinking either team will still have a poor 2023 season making the 2024 draft pick in the top 10 in QB deep draft
Yeah, except people on the Bears forum want Poles to trade down for draft picks. If that happens, Young and Stroud may go 1,2 so is some team going to mortgage the farm to gamble on who? Levis? Richardson? I wouldn’t do that, but who knows?

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Daron Payne! Big tough dude, that was productive this past year. We would have to overpay, but we will have to overpay for any top tier FA player.

Dr. Payne...
330px Quinnen Williams cropped

Payne is rocked up in this picture. The picture shows how he puts in the work in the gym. Dude isn't hitting fast food very often.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Daron Payne! Big tough dude, that was productive this past year. We would have to overpay, but we will have to overpay for any top tier FA player.

Dr. Payne...
View attachment 56638

Payne is rocked up in this picture. The picture shows how he puts in the work in the gym. Dude isn't hitting fast food very often.
If Payne doesn’t re-sign with Washington I am expecting that the Bears would out bid anybody else. Hopefully I am wrong

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score

Dr. Payne...
View attachment 56638

Payne would be great. Wonder what salary it would take? 15-18 /yr? If so, then probably couldnt sign Geno. We need youth and energy on DL.