1. Drake Maye
2. Caleb Williams
3. Marvin Harrison Jr.
4. Malik Nabers
5. Dallas Turner
6. Rome Odunze
7. Joe Alt
8. Brock Bowers

I don't really know enough about the rest to rank them super confidently. I think of them in batches after that. I think Jayden Daniels is in the next group, talent wise, but will be taken earlier.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
1. Drake Maye
2. Caleb Williams
3. Marvin Harrison Jr.
4. Malik Nabers
5. Dallas Turner
6. Rome Odunze
7. Joe Alt
8. Brock Bowers

I don't really know enough about the rest to rank them super confidently. I think of them in batches after that. I think Jayden Daniels is in the next group, talent wise, but will be taken earlier.
Drake Maye??

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Drake Maye??
I prefer Maye to Williams, straight up. I think Maye is the more transferrable talent. He can navigate a pocket, play within structure, shows absolute precision on high degree-of-difficulty throws, can escape the pocket and add on the ground, and he can get the ball out from a plethora of varied launch angles.

Caleb is special, but I don't know if you'll ever get a consistent offense out of him. It feels like a Caleb offense will be incredibly streaky in nature, and he'll be susceptible to operational issues in any offense that doesn't have a robust rushing attack taking pressure off of him.

Maye's not perfect, but I think he's a top-5 quarterback if you fix just a few things about his game. Caleb will lead highlight reels, but I think he has significantly more bust potential.

Then again, it's all going to be supporting cast. I don't think either of these guys are going to great situations. I'm scared for both of them.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Drake Maye absolutely shocked me. I went in expecting to think of him as a goofy Zach Wilson type. He's one of the most talented quarterbacks I've ever laid eyes on, and I've never seen a quarterback quite as sabotaged as he was by his supporting cast. He's one of the only quarterbacks I'd advocate a big ass trade up for, but that'll be impossible.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score

Drake Maye absolutely shocked me. I went in expecting to think of him as a goofy Zach Wilson type. He's one of the most talented quarterbacks I've ever laid eyes on, and I've never seen a quarterback quite as sabotaged as he was by his supporting cast. He's one of the only quarterbacks I'd advocate a big ass trade up for, but that'll be impossible.

His film is kind of frustrating to be honest. He has a ton of upside. But his decision-making can be questionable & his footwork is sloppy at times. Dan Orlovsky (ESPN) said the same thing & thought it would be best for him to sit for a year or two. Fix some of the flaws in his game.

I think he'll end up being good. Worth taking with a top 5-10 pick. But based on some of the inconsistent play, I just can't put him on the same tier as Caleb & Jayden.

Fwiw Chris Simms had him as his #6 QB. I think his reasons are somewhat valid.

Last edited:

Seattle Person

Reaction score

I believe in the upside too but I don't even see him as a top 10 player in this draft. Maye does a lot of weird things in the pocket that raises some red flags. He's super young and most of those are fixable. Someone is going to take in the top 12 but right, I can't put him #1. That's a pretty high reach in my opinion.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
His film is kind of frustrating to be honest. He has a ton of upside. But his decision-making can be questionable & his footwork is sloppy at times. Dan Orlovsky (ESPN) said the same thing & thought it would be best for him to sit for a year or two. Fix some of the flaws in his game.

I think he'll end up being good. Worth taking with a top 5 pick. But based on some of the inconsistent play, I just can't put him any higher than Caleb or Jayden. Caleb is in a tier by himself imo.

Fwiw Chris Simms had him as his #6 QB. I think his reasons are somewhat valid.

I really can't take Simms seriously on Maye after he labeled Zach Wilson the top QB in the draft and maintains that Zach was the most talented in that class.

I think Simms is trying to generate clicks.

That being said, I get the criticisms on Maye and realize I am in a minority. I just think they're so, so much more fixable than the trade offs you have to swallow with Caleb and Jayden.

There's a bit of footwork stuff that needs go be worked on, absolutely. But for operating behind a genuinely awful line, I think he held up really well and kept a very bad team from actually being very bad.

I think he can be built. Even with his warts, I think he's immediately pretty good unless he's thrown into a total mess.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I believe in the upside too but I don't even see him as a top 10 player in this draft. Maye does a lot of weird things in the pocket that raises some red flags. He's super young and most of those are fixable. Someone is going to take in the top 12 but right, I can't put him #1. That's a pretty high reach in my opinion.
Woof, not even top 10? That's rough. That puts him at QB3 or 4. I can't put Daniels above him and I don't dislike Daniels at all.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I really can't take Simms seriously on Maye after he labeled Zach Wilson the top QB in the draft and maintains that Zach was the most talented in that class.

That being said, I get the criticisms on Maye and realize I am in a minority. I just think they're so, so much more fixable than the trade offs you have to swallow with Caleb and Jayden.

There's a bit of footwork stuff that needs go be worked on, absolutely. But for operating behind a genuinely awful line, I think he held up really well and kept a very bad team from actually being very bad.

I think he can be built. Even with his warts, I think he's immediately pretty good unless he's thrown into a total mess.
I like Maye over Daniels all day.

NoGain

Reaction score
What's wrong with Simms? He's pretty good. He had Stroud last year high above all other QB's.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score

I get the Simms skepticism. But he's not the only analyst & former player to have concerns about Maye. I mentioned Orlovsky. Kurt Warner is another name. He breaks down all of these prospects & had a lot of the same criticisms of Maye when watching his film.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Woof, not even top 10? That's rough. That puts him at QB3 or 4. I can't put Daniels above him and I don't dislike Daniels at all.

I am ranking them on talent right now and how much impact they will have right away. My top ten would have to be:

1) Marvin Harrison Jr.
2) Malik Nabers
3) Caleb williams
4) Rome Odunze
5) Brock Bowers
6) Jared Verse
7) Joe Alt
8) Taliese Fuaga
9) Troy Fautanu
10) Quinyon Mitchell

*Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye are on the outside for me.

Last edited: