2024 prospect rankings

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I get the Simms skepticism. But he's not the only analyst & former player to have concerns about Maye. I mentioned Orlovsky. Kurt Warner is another name. He breaks down all of these prospects & had a lot of the same criticisms of Maye when watching his film.
Yeah those are probably more fair.

He's not perfect and I definitely get why most people don't have him number 1 over Caleb. It's not totally objective, but when I look at him, I see pretty much the prototype prospect for what I personally want out of a guy in the modern NFL.

Like, he's it. He's the guy. He's got every box checked for me.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet that Daniels has a better NFL career than Caleb ME ME ME Williams.
I caught some pundits video the other day about Williams - his take was that the bad thing about him is you also get his father as his "Business Manager" - apparently CW does not have an agent - or did not at the time. When they were meeting with agents CW's dad's first question was how to circumvent the rookie contract deal; which was collectively bargained by the NFLPA. So CW's dad is of the opinion appears to be that CW is the best QB ever and should not abide by the rules of peasants.

If this is accurate - that could be an issue teams would rather not deal with.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
Yeah those are probably more fair.

He's not perfect and I definitely get why most people don't have him number 1 over Caleb. It's not totally objective, but when I look at him, I see pretty much the prototype prospect for what I personally want out of a guy in the modern NFL.

Like, he's it. He's the guy. He's got every box checked for me.
No doubt he's got the physical tools. But most think he's not ready to play right away.

If you we're to just watch his highlights, then you'd think he should go #1. But if you break him down, you'll see that there are bigger issues with him.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I've really come up on Daniels in the last month or so watching tape. He's truly elite in every aspect.

chris98251

Reaction score
Williams sounds like a guy that used to be with the Stealers, Pickett, a bit full of himself and someone that wants to be catered to. That could be an issue.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No doubt he's got the physical tools. But most think he's not ready to play right away.

If you we're to just watch his highlights, then you'd think he should go #1. But if you break him down, you'll see that there are bigger issues with him.

I don't really think any of them are ready to play right away, including Caleb. I'd want a gap year for every single prospect in the draft. McCarthy is the one I'd be most comfortable throwing out there day 1, but I don't think he has enough upside to justify a high selection.

Maye would especially benefit. He's got more than a few goof-ups in game action. I think his issues, though, are pretty fixable compared to those of a Nix or Daniels. Those are guys you kind of have to accept their warts, to me.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm not trying to bust anybodys chops here, but why do you guys spend so much time debating the top ten, when it has nothing to do with the Seahawks?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'm not trying to bust anybodys chops here, but why do you guys spend so much time debating the top ten, when it has nothing to do with the Seahawks?
because it's fun and one of those guys may slip to us at 16.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
I don't really think any of them are ready to play right away, including Caleb. I'd want a gap year for every single prospect in the draft. McCarthy is the one I'd be most comfortable throwing out there day 1, but I don't think he has enough upside to justify a high selection.

Maye would especially benefit. He's got more than a few goof-ups in game action. I think his issues, though, are pretty fixable compared to those of a Nix or Daniels. Those are guys you kind of have to accept their warts, to me.
There's an interesting correlation between the amount of starts in college & how successful a QB is when thrown into the fire in the NFL. Unsurprisingly.

The success rate on QB's is about 40%. But the more starts in college, the higher the success rate climbs. For that reason, Daniels & Nix would make the most sense. Since both have more than 50 starts. Brock Purdy is the poster child for this.

Meanwhile, McCarthy & Maye are on the opposite end. Both have less than 30 starts. The success rate for QB's with less than 30, drops to about 20%. It also strongly suggests that both should sit out their first year.

Taking a QB in most cases is a gamble. But some teams are just better at playing the percentages. ;)

Nix- 61
Daniels- 55
Penix- 45
Williams- 33
McCarthy- 28
Maye- 26
Milton- 17

Last edited: