2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Ronaldo to Monaco? Talking 100 million euros. If this happens football is ******

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2a54vqyc said:
Liverppol are doing good business so far. I love how relatively quiet they are on the Suarez thing. Liverpool are in the position of power there, him having just signed a new contract. they are not pressured to sell for less than a silly amount of money.

Good business all with a small overall net spending when you consider what wages and contracts are and will be coming off the books as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":wrgjeuch said:
peachesenregalia":wrgjeuch said:
Liverppol are doing good business so far. I love how relatively quiet they are on the Suarez thing. Liverpool are in the position of power there, him having just signed a new contract. they are not pressured to sell for less than a silly amount of money.

Good business all with a small overall net spending when you consider what wages and contracts are and will be coming off the books as well.

Good point on the overall spending and wages. Its becoming clearer the direction BR wants the team to gonext year... and hopefully the addition of mkhitaryian, ericksen and a cb... but the summer comes and goes with suarez

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
So peaches and Si, where do we think Joe Allen fits into the squad going forward? Assuming we will announce Aspas and Alberto both sometime soon.

He was probably our best player for about the first month of the season and then looked like he wore a lead kit the rest of the way when he was playing. Im sure his true form is probably somewhere in the middle of the two.

What say you?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
This isn't so much transfer related, but Arsenal have announced that Peter Hill-Wood has stepped down from his position as Arsenal chairman due to health reasons and will be replaced by Sir Chips Keswick.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":22eiutvg said:
Yeah, anyone who is not only knighted, but goes by the moniker of 'Chips' is a guy I want running my organization....

I honestly don't know anything about the guy myself. So I can't really make a real comment about it other than it might be a breath of fresh air, I repeat "MIGHT" not "will".

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3vuksnff said:
Yeah, anyone who is not only knighted, but goes by the moniker of 'Chips' is a guy I want running my organization....

pretty sure Sir Chips Keswick, Chest Rockwell and Brock Landers did some movies together in the late 70s

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3g7xg4bf said:
peachesenregalia":3g7xg4bf said:

pretty sure Sir Chips Keswick, Chest Rockwell and Brock Landers did some movies together in the late 70s

Sounds like they did a certain "kind" of movies.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Mignolet Reina

38 Games started 31
3420 Minutes played 2790
11 Clean sheets 14
54 Goals conceded 34
149 Total saves 73
73% Ground 50-50s Won 91%
75% Aerial 50-50s Won 86%
42% Pass completion 71%
2 (2 goals) Individual Errors 6 (4 goals)
96% Claim Success 89%

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":8g55ww5e said:
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/06/henrikh-mkhitaryan-flying-in-for-liverpool-medical-as-20m-move-edges-nearer/

Looks like this is happening. Is it possible that Suarez is just trying to force Henry into buying some top-shelf talent to build around him so that he'll stay?

*I* think it's a case of we know we can always sell Suarez if we have/want to, and Mkhitaryan is just adding talent around Suarez to make Merseyside more attractive. A lot of midfield options if we are lucky enough to get him. Exciting times.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
One thing I worry about is with all these new and hopefully improved parts is that we will have time to learn how to play together as a team. I know great players don't need long, but it still concerns me.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this but Jozy Altidore has been linked with a move to the EPL. Kinda hope this happens, he deserves to get more exposure, espescially with how he's played lately, and playing for AZ in the Eredevisie isn't really gonna help him with that.

Smurf

Reaction score
I just hope he goes to a club that plays him. Its more important to be on the pitch frequently than it is to be in a better league. He's going to need to be sharp for the world cup.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":16iw1yi9 said:
Liverpool have already been quite busy with some tidy deals. Aspas and Alberto both signed, and both VERY highly rated coming out of Spain, with Mignolet seemingly on the way for 11 mil. Seems a bit steep, and the reports are that Reina plans to stay. Not sure what to make of all that.

Mhkitaryan deal is being delayed because of third-party ownership of the player, and the talk of Papadopolopodopolopodous and Llori seems to have died down for now. We REALLY need help at the back. Hopefully once the Mhkitaryan deal is tied up, they focus on that back 4. Have to say though, loving the business done so far.

Definately a change in policy since last summer. I'm pleased with the additions and like the thought of Aspas replacing Assaidi, alberto replacing Shelvey and potentially Hk replacing the massive gap at CAM on this team. We need a proper CB in, I like Llori. I'm also fine selling Reina with Mignolet in.

Still, the biggest question is Suarez..... and if he goes who replaces him? Khiguian, jovetic?) Our summer is really wrapped around that bit of business

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":1z87ng0a said:
I just hope he goes to a club that plays him. Its more important to be on the pitch frequently than it is to be in a better league. He's going to need to be sharp for the world cup.
Jozys ready for the PL. He fits the mold of a Benteke or Michu type signing, played up top on a mid table team that's willing to play the game despite a lack of results. For me he could go to villa and replace Benteke (if he goes), join Fulham who desperately need a striker or even settle in at Southampton. All would be good fits.
I will say that the dutch league is/was perfect for him. Those teams all train in the same attacking model as the dutch national team with a focus and purpose on free flowing, attacking, creative football. Its the same model Reyna and the USMNT have adopted for our system throughout. For Jozy the results are quite evident. He's deserved a move up, but that is a credit to the Dutch league

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Sky Sports has picked up on the Higuain to Arsenal rumors by claiming that representatives for the Gunners have traveled to Madrid to complete the deal. Liverpool also have officially confirmed their signing of Iago Aspas. And Arouna Kone has apparently expressed his desire to leave Wigan and join a new EPL club.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3miljgbb said:
Wanyama to Arsenal is the rumours. Think he would be a great fit there.

I thought Southampton beat Arsenal and others to him, but now I'm hearing negotiations for personal terms broke down.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3mtwdjja said:
Glasgow Seahawk":3mtwdjja said:
Wanyama to Arsenal is the rumours. Think he would be a great fit there.

I thought Southampton beat Arsenal and others to him, but now I'm hearing negotiations for personal terms broke down.

He's too good for Southampton, as much as people get starstruck about the EPL, who would want to play in a relegation dogfight and Championship next year. Cardiff are having difficulty signing players for the same reason. I'm thinking Arsenal or Liverpool. The guy has frightening potential.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Higuian to Arsenal makes some sense I just don't see it until RM haved moved on Bale/Suarez or other. Its not like they need to sell to buy. So right now just paper talk and connecting dots. I think its safe to say Higuian leaves and Arsenal make sense. United will too if Rooney goes As would Liverpool if Suarez leaves, although I don't think he would prefer that move

Waynama is leaving Celtic, which is a great step for him and as Glascow said a very promising talent. I read Liverpool have interest and could see a transfer plus sending a starlet from the academy back to celtic on loan (say shelvey, suso or even Ibe). The two clubs have a long standing relationship so who knows. Would love him