2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":237bdm2f said:
Uncle Si":237bdm2f said:
Smurf":237bdm2f said:
Losing Suarez is one of the reasons Liverpool are struggling to stay a top club. He's the type of player they need to get, retain, and protect. That's what the other big clubs do, and we have all seen what happens when you don't (arsenal).

yeah, it absolutely crushed United when they sold Ronaldo

And I still firmly believe he never should have left....and I think he realizes that. Madrid is not everything he thought it would be.

That being said...when you have Fergie and Ryan Giggs you can negate the loss of a Ronaldo. :p

so you agree that top clubs do sell their top players? or are we just winding up Liverpool fans?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3lglwprj said:
Gate, you just said in your first post you were fine with it... youd rather finish top 4 than take a risk and drop to midtable. youve been talking out both sides of your arse in this thread a few times, and when i call you on it you try and say "but I meant this"

if you mean something just say it... but like Arsenal itself, you are simply accepting of one reality while pretending to strive for another.

Okay now your reading too much into what I said. What I mean is, I would always take Top 4 over midtable(and who wouldn't agree), but I also would take a Top 4 more easily if a cup was won in the process. I don't know what language your thinking I'm talking in, but you sure as hell feel like assuming that what I say means I'm accepting Top 4 with no problem.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3u4zgrbt said:
Uncle Si":3u4zgrbt said:
Gate, you just said in your first post you were fine with it... youd rather finish top 4 than take a risk and drop to midtable. youve been talking out both sides of your arse in this thread a few times, and when i call you on it you try and say "but I meant this"

if you mean something just say it... but like Arsenal itself, you are simply accepting of one reality while pretending to strive for another.

Okay now your reading too much into what I said. What I mean is, I would always take Top 4 over midtable(and who wouldn't agree), but I also would take a Top 4 more easily if a cup was won in the process. I don't know what language your thinking I'm talking in, but you sure as hell feel like assuming that what I say means I'm accepting Top 4 with no problem.

" what I mean is..."

Jesus

What ever language it is when someone talks out their ass... that's what language you speak.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3b1t0ici said:
" what I mean is..."

Jesus

What ever language it is when someone talks out their ass... that's what language you speak.

You're making it extremely difficult not to go off on a damn rant again. Shut the hell up and stop saying I'm talking out my ass.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Liverpool with a problem at striker that was a perceived area of strength. The ongoing Suarez saga ( I think he will stay though ) and now Sturridge out multiple weeks at least. FFS.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't think he'll be any more successful than he was there last time- at least in Europe. In the league he has came at an interesting time with the two Manchester clubs going through a transition. No one knows how Pellegrini or Moyes will turn out. If there was a time for Arsenal to get a grip and start challenging again this would be the year.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Still can't believe Monaco signed Falcao. Average attendance last year 7,000. **** modern football.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Jesus Navas going to Man City for 23 million euros (so says Graham hunter anyway). He overcame that homesickness quick...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":8xxo45wr said:
Uncle Si":8xxo45wr said:
" what I mean is..."

Jesus

You're making it extremely difficult not to go off on a damn rant again. Shut the hell up and stop saying I'm talking out my ass.

so cute when you throw temper tantrums

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2t7htjr0 said:
I don't think he'll be any more successful than he was there last time- at least in Europe. In the league he has came at an interesting time with the two Manchester clubs going through a transition. No one knows how Pellegrini or Moyes will turn out. If there was a time for Arsenal to get a grip and start challenging again this would be the year.

the league is wide open again for sure.

Surprised Chelsea is ready to get into bed with Mourinho again. Hes a wrecking ball manager. Looks like progress at the start, then you're left with a pile of bricks to sort through.

Interesting transfers so far. Navas being the only top (and I say that loosely, i dont rate him that much) player to choose the EPL.

Ronaldo and Mourinho were not best of friends, cant imagine CR7 making that commitment

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
David Luiz to Barcelona. Can see why they'd go for him, but I also thought Barcelona wanted to improve their defence...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1nwjqfzq said:
David Luiz to Barcelona. Can see why they'd go for him, but I also thought Barcelona wanted to improve their defence...

I know these are just rumours... but i cant see Chelsea giving up Luiz. hes far too important for them and has turned into one of the stronger CDM/CBs in the PL.

Big news out of Mersey is Liverpool staging a bid for Shaktars Mihktaryan.... cracking CAM player and just the sort the team needs. He's assume the role Coutinho has had, moving lil Phil back out wide. Good use of the Carrol sale money. the other is Thiago Llori, young CB from Sporting. This would mean the end of Coates more than likely (the big Papa would mean the end of Skrtel)

These two, plus Luis Alberto and Aspas and Toure make a strong early window. With Carroll on the way out, and more than likely the sale of Shelvey, Downing, Assaidi, Spearing and possibly Enrique the squad will be alot different...

Im ofcourse excluding Suarez. his sale and the proceeds would change the dynamic of their transfer policy quite a bit. personally I dont think he goes, as now all the media focus is Real and Bale. (personally I dont think either go, although Suarez has more of a chance because of his, umm.... temperament. But Liverpool need the strongest squad possible for a necessary top 4 push)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The Alberto thing is for real, and the kid is fantastic. many believe he could walk into the first team as a 20 year old. Hes at Sevilla. Barca has a buy back clause that expires June 15. Weve agreed the deal for him with Sevilla. if Barca doesnt nab him back i believe hes ours

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2cbsr2l8 said:
Uncle Si":2cbsr2l8 said:
The Alberto thing is for real, and the kid is fantastic. many believe he could walk into the first team as a 20 year old. Hes at Sevilla. Barca has a buy back clause that expires June 15. Weve agreed the deal for him with Sevilla. if Barca doesnt nab him back i believe hes ours

What position?

videos a bit rough... skip deeper and you can see highlights of him with Barca B as wll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h60Oz0_OrO8

CAM, maybe wide as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its a wonderful attacking group. We still need to shore up that back end, i'd honestly like to see all but Agger replaced soon rather than later. We can survive with Enrique and Johnson out on the flanks next season, with a proper CB and 3-4 option (Papa, Lllori and Toure) with the kind of attack BR is trying to create..

in other (related) news... Dortmund has passed on Ericksen. Rumour is not that Liverpool will take either him or Mikhtaryan.

yes speculation, but this beats the Sigurdsson, Allen, Dempsey speculation from last summer