2013 Summer Soccer Transfer Talk

Blueboy

Reaction score
Just seen on Eurosport that Daniel Agger is on the verge of a move to Monaco.......you Liverpool guys surprised by this?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2bazklnu said:
Am I the only one who REALLY HATES Grantland articles? I don't know why, they just always annoy me and I come away feeling dumber for having read them.

I like Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe but otherwise I tend to agree. The BS Report bettingblines during the season are usually a good listen.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blueboy":3ukbn3dc said:
Just seen on Eurosport that Daniel Agger is on the verge of a move to Monaco.......you Liverpool guys surprised by this?

I would be surprised yes. I don't think the story has any legs at all.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":x1ifx7s1 said:
Blueboy":x1ifx7s1 said:

I would be surprised yes. I don't think the story has any legs at all.

I was surprised when I saw it, think hes a decent player.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Higuain to Arsenal

Fernandinho to City. Good to see City finally get some quality in instead of Barry and Milner.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3rb1o4bb said:
Higuain to Arsenal

Fernandinho to City. Good to see City finally get some quality in instead of Barry and Milner.

Higuain transfer is a long way off... big gap between "agreed to personal terms" and Real and Arsenal have agreed a fee. Real wont be selling anyone until: a new manager is signed, that manager has evaluated the team, and Suarez or(and?) Bale are brought in...

Fernandinho for 35 million. European football is a mad, mad world

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":uyhewf0n said:
Glasgow Seahawk":uyhewf0n said:
Higuain to Arsenal

Higuain transfer is a long way off... big gap between "agreed to personal terms" and Real and Arsenal have agreed a fee. Real wont be selling anyone until: a new manager is signed, that manager has evaluated the team, and Suarez or(and?) Bale are brought in...

Fernandinho for 35 million. European football is a mad, mad world

If Real really want Bale I wouldn't think that Arsenal signing Higuain as a result would be the best way to get it done.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
It seems there's been a rumor explosion regarding Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini. This morning I saw people claiming that Sky Sports had reported that Arsenal were preparing to break their transfer record, then this afternoon I noticed a number of reports stating that Arsenal had placed a £22-24 million bid for the midfielder, and now SkySports has dropped the betting odds on Fellaini to Arsenal from 16/1 to 6/4(betting odds aren't something anyone should go by in terms of likeliness but that's kind of a significant drop if you ask me, and I don't know much about how odds actually work).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... senal-move

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":gmhfc06e said:
It seems there's been a rumor explosion regarding Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini. This morning I saw people claiming that Sky Sports had reported that Arsenal were preparing to break their transfer record, then this afternoon I noticed a number of reports stating that Arsenal had placed a £22-24 million bid for the midfielder, and now SkySports has dropped the betting odds on Fellaini to Arsenal from 16/1 to 6/4(betting odds aren't something anyone should go by in terms of likeliness but that's kind of a significant drop if you ask me, and I don't know much about how odds actually work).

umm..... no

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2yw4ne09 said:
Gatehawk":2yw4ne09 said:

umm..... no

Of course you would say no. And of course you wouldn't give a reason why you would say no.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gate, ofcourse you too mentally challenged to sort out what peaches and iswt did on their own. Ofcourse you're emotionally blocked from rationale thought when it comes to arsenal.

Ill do it for you though kid...

1. Fellaini isn't worth 22 million
2. Arsenal wouldn't spend 20+ million on a player of Fellainis skillset, if on any player
3. Everton won't sell their best player shortly after changing managers

Thought these were fairly obvious (and were to most). The deal doesn't make sense. Arsenal in for villa or higuian make sense.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
If Arsenal is ready to pay well for Rooney then I would have zero problems with the transfer. Although I hope he goes to PSG instead.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Holy crap is it the 2nd week in August yet? Watching replay of LFC in the Europa league doesn't do well enough to take the edge off.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xdb7kmn said:
1. Fellaini isn't worth 22 million

I'm sure his release clause in his contract is 22million, so if someone bids that amount he will be on his way. However I don't think anyone will pay that for him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":lp980lhr said:
Who's this Aspas fella then?

The spanish craig bellamy. Will bring some fierce play to the wing, a lot more attacking than downing. More of a true winger than downing or coutinho.

And I mean fierce. He plays a lot like Bellers and Kuyt did for us. Will press the defense when they have the ball, dig in on challenges and push at the defenders.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":34tpy4du said:
Hawkspur":34tpy4du said:
Who's this Aspas fella then?

The spanish craig bellamy. Will bring some fierce play to the wing, a lot more attacking than downing. More of a true winger than downing or coutinho.

And I mean fierce. He plays a lot like Bellers and Kuyt did for us. Will press the defense when they have the ball, dig in on challenges and push at the defenders.

Sounds like an upgrade. Good price if he works out, too. Is he a golfer as well?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
And now Luis Alberto whom I like. Replacement for shelvey and perhaps allen or suso of any of the three are sold or loaned